Ash VS Evil Dead 7" Figure by NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave the pants a wash to bring out the details.
2016-10-18 15.13.57.jpg
2016-10-18 15.15.07.jpg

Awesome. I just broke down and ordered a set of Series 1.

I hate you all. :lol

Did a quick touch up on the chainsaw, basically added silver to the chain and blade and added some paint nicks.
Along with the pants repaint, this is looking good.
2016-10-25 14.56.48.jpg
2016-10-25 14.56.11.jpg

Hey Brian, do you mind if I ask what brand of paint you're using? I've always wanted to touch up some of my 'action figures', but I'm always afraid I'll choose some inferior paint that will flake off later...

The wash I used for the pants is acrylic paints, the cheap 99 cent brands are ok mixed with water, future floor polish,dish soap,rubbing alcohol. It's runny like milk. Brush it on and let dry, wipe the high spots down wit a rag moistened with winded and clear coat with testors dull coat. I have sealed with rustoleum clear as well....never an issue.

For the silver I used testors enamel silver and dry brused it. ..dry brush only, enamel applied too thick will not cure well on vinyl and remain tacky. I don't recommend it. I only used it on the saw because the it has a better shine than silver acrylic.

I have repaint entire figures with cheapo acrillic brush on paint and sealed with clear gloss and matte with great results.

Keep in mind, if you paint too thick around joints, it will rub off.

Spray paints like krylon fusion work well too.

Watch the quarantine Studio bronze Conan tutorial on YouTube and you will get an idea of the paint washe i used. It's an 11 part series I think about an hour long but it's worth it

My Hero Ash came in today, absolutely love it. It might be my favorite domestic figure ever, such an amazing figure. The likeness in the standard head is incredible even though it's the weakest, but the rest are absolutely perfect. It's honestly incredible that NECA was able to do a likeness this good, and I believe the heads were hand sculpted too. I also gave the pants a brown wash, it's subtle but I think they look a lot better.
1bec94f43e65d2f22402210cbf026bcd.jpg

1e8670179c8e46c96cfb3eed83b31eb7.jpg

dc07de5a2d92c57b80f033a2b9a4f2e9.jpg

73d148cd82ff2d6afbe75eaedddc9ee7.jpg

9c976ec0f9a640509c1dfd6362ebad47.jpg

ad217de572484b1be3ee9ae01f1dd44d.jpg

398716a1bfab1e6ac194248301bf16a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received the Hero Ash figure. Great figure. But, is anybody else finding it impossible to make him stand? His right leg seems a little longer than his left leg (I hear that this is a common issue with Neca figures nowadays), and it's impossible to position his right foot so that the bottom rests flat atop a surface. It's really annoying, but I love the figure otherwise.

I don't have that problem. Do the thighs rotate at the hip?
Try to spin those back and forth, that helps level the legs out.
Good luck! Contact @NECA_CS on twitter, they will help.

I don't have that problem. Do the thighs rotate at the hip?
Try to spin those back and forth, that helps level the legs out.
Good luck! Contact @NECA_CS on twitter, they will help.

The thighs do rotate at the hip, but it doesn't seem to be solving the problem. I'm not on Twitter. What do you think they'd do for me if I contacted them?

They have been known to send you a new figure.
Easier to do if it's a common problem like they had with Superman and Jason, mine were fine but a lot of people got to keep their broken ones and were mailed replacements.

I have been collecting NECA for 5 years and have never had a bad figure. A few stuck joints that needed hot water but that's it. I read about the QC issues and can't believe ive escaped it for over 50 figures.

I used to hand pick the best paint at the store to get good eyes, predator netting etc, but lately if I see 5 on a shelf, all 5 are prefect paint apps..they have really stepped it up. They are also putting a little drop of oil on the joints so they don't stick. Very nice job they are doing.

I'm trying to decide if I should be content with 2 of the Ash vs Demon Spawn 3-Pack or if I need another. Just how many Demon Spawn does a person need? :lol

Just got Hero Ash. He's an amazing figure and will probably go down as one of the better figures NECA has done! The likeness is totally Bruce and it might be the best Ash figure to date even eclipsing the Ultimate one NECA recently released. I'm having trouble deciding whether to display him with the new detached arm piece or how he is when he came out of the package. What's everyone's preference?

Just got Hero Ash. He's an amazing figure and will probably go down as one of the better figures NECA has done! The likeness is totally Bruce and it might be the best Ash figure to date even eclipsing the Ultimate one NECA recently released. I'm having trouble deciding whether to display him with the new detached arm piece or how he is when he came out of the package. What's everyone's preference?

Buy another one and have both. I almost wish I were kidding, but I'm actually not. I'm finding these figures more entertaining than I probably should... :lol

Back