Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised to see a fully immaculate replacement arrive from SSC

The portrait heads had more eye shadow on replacement. I'm pleasantly surprised, and there's hardly any gap between foot and base

Just received this. Freaking awesome !!

COzSAUR.jpg

Now waiting for my Jean EX to arrive and the Pathfinder base to be finished. This setup will look so cool.

I'm thinking on having it framed with yellow borders.

You going to display it with those chanclas?

Have they shown early teases of their new base?

Doesn't cost anything to sign up on the WL but if it converts you will be given a 24-48 hour notice to cancel, if you don't cancel you are charged full price and she ships.

Thanks. I am still debating on jumping in on the waitlist on this one. I just put in a PO for Sabertooth to go with Wolverine so I am not sure.

I caved, and she arrived today. Really great looking. Definitely will do the eye decals on at least one of the two heads...

20480164260_c965aa28c2_b.jpg

20481455619_6f24330b54_b.jpg

I got mine today and it was very nicely painted, but the right bent leg is not sitting flush on the base. It's like 1/8 inch raised from the floor. Does anybody have this problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 130
You going to display it with those chanclas?

Have they shown early teases of their new base?

Hmmmm maybe lol :p

No tease on the base yet... they are waiting for their own Jean copy to fit her on the base and finish it.

I caved, and she arrived today. Really great looking. Definitely will do the eye decals on at least one of the two heads...
Nice pics ! Mine will be here in the next few days.

I am probably getting the reg head repainted (eyes and hair) whilst the EX will be left as it is. It looks very cool IMO.

I got mine today and it was very nicely painted, but the right bent leg is not sitting flush on the base. It's like 1/8 inch raised from the floor. Does anybody have this problem?

It's a common issue. Yours is not the only one not sitting flush on the base.

I sent SS an email about my problem so let's see if they can give me a replacement body. It would really help the consumer if they checked everything before they send these things out to the collector.

Mine looks similar (not quite that much though). Quite frankly, if she's gonna lean, it'll be in that direction, so I'm happy to keep mine as is, just in case. It's not noticeable IMO.

Mine looks similar (not quite that much though). Quite frankly, if she's gonna lean, it'll be in that direction, so I'm happy to keep mine as is, just in case. It's not noticeable IMO.

Yeah it's a huge gap, space between the foot and base so it was pretty disappointing when setting her up. I wasn't even thinking about future leaning issues so I sent SS a request for a replacement body. I know I'm probably wasting my time cause this item is now waitlisted and probably they have no bodies to send. But other than that, this is an awesome statue and I really like it.

Yeah it's a huge gap, space between the foot and base so it was pretty disappointing when setting her up. I wasn't even thinking about future leaning issues so I sent SS a request for a replacement body. I know I'm probably wasting my time cause this item is now waitlisted and probably they have no bodies to send. But other than that, this is an awesome statue and I really like it.

I hear ya... I just personally am not going to risk a perfect body, and perfectly fitting reg and EX heads, for a 2mm gap under a foot that I can't even see from any normal viewing distance.

Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

they've pretty much done all of these except Kitty Pryde...

I'm banking on a Kitty Pryde

cda2af6ec663b68008d6d89763b818fa.jpg

and Dark Phoenix

storm_and_phoenix_by_jasonmetcalf-d6upxs3.jpg

70s / 80s X-MEN FTW

Movie Phoenix should look like THIS...

dark_phoenix_by_maryneim-d81tr7d.jpg

Costume looks perfect for the film version... curse you FOX.

problem with comic / film adaptations ... they seldom represented the character they are suppose to portray...

I hear ya... I just personally am not going to risk a perfect body, and perfectly fitting reg and EX heads, for a 2mm gap under a foot that I can't even see from any normal viewing distance.

Got mine yesterday, same issue, and also taking the same tact. Everything else about mine is perfect, heads fit without issue. I am hoping it will settle in, although I am also thinking about filing the pin a bit, I have a feeling it is a tad too long, as the other foot was not going 100% in. That or just putting a small wedge under the floating foot. I didn't even see it until I got down low and noticed the gap. The main thing is I don't want to have any issues later, so thinking of proactive solutions.

That said, she is much prettier in person than I was expecting. Even the EX head. Although the Reg head is the real stunner. Looks great. Hair is definitely brown though. Doesn't really bother me, but I can see how that would drive some folks over the edge. Still looks great though, I actually love the hair, they did a nice job with it.

Back