Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

and Dark Phoenix

storm_and_phoenix_by_jasonmetcalf-d6upxs3.jpg

70s / 80s X-MEN FTW

Oh, hell yes! We need some more X-MEN PFs from that era.

I got a solution or fix for all of us cause if it's a universal problem, then we all know what SS will say about it. Take it as is or send it back. This will relieve the peg foot that's taking all the weight from the statue. I placed a 3/8 inch felt pad on the bottom of the floating foot to relieve all that pressure and now you got both legs balancing the weight evenly. I bought these not too long ago from Walmart, black 3/8 felt pads.

I got a solution or fix for all of us cause if it's a universal problem, then we all know what SS will say about it. Take it as is or send it back. This will relieve the peg foot that's taking all the weight from the statue. I placed a 3/8 inch felt pad on the bottom of the floating foot to relieve all that pressure and now you got both legs balancing the weight evenly. I bought these not too long ago from Walmart, black 3/8 felt pads.

Good idea. I was thinking of using a little bit of museum putty type material.

Good idea. I was thinking of using a little bit of museum putty type material.

The putty material can crack and fail with time. Maybe it's better to use the smallest round steel washers you can find in a hobby shop for radio-controlled cars, paint them either yellow or color to match the base and use a removable type of adhesive and glue it to the tip of her foot. Make sure the size of the washer/s doesn't protrude off of that foot.

The putty material can crack and fail with time. Maybe it's better to use the smallest round steel washers you can find in a hobby shop for radio-controlled cars, paint them either yellow or color to match the base and use a removable type of adhesive and glue it to the tip of her foot. Make sure the size of the washer/s doesn't protrude off of that foot.

Good point, I should look into something more permanent like you suggest.

I've got the floating foot issue as well -- is Sideshow doing anything about this? Or is it a "Just live with it" sort of situation?

They're saying all of them that they have in stock have some degree of elevation from the base, so they won't be able to offer you 1 that would be better. Just put a a 3/8 inch black felt pad under the tip of the foot and at least you'll have the whole statue supported by the 2 legs.

Just saw this in my lcs and I was pleasantly surprised!
I hated the proto pics. I still think this neck and hand are a bit weirdly posed but the face looks nice and its a decent statue.

I know some guy who's selling his Storm for less than 400 bucks AND it's the incredibly amazing EX. The price is so good it makes me want to buy it again just because lol.

Although I have the EX I wish I could trade her for the white version... unfortunately the white version does not have the EX head so I guess I'm sticking to the black EX.

Storm PF is a beauty.

Back