Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something will give eventually.

Team isn't complete unless Jubilee gets a PF. Hopefully it won't get half assed.

A jubilee PF better have the firecracker hands switch out! And 2 heads, one with sun glasses one without

Hmmm. I cant agree, how can you tell. I think both are moving slow. I also think a lot is moving slow because ss flooded the market. Most of their recent ex releases are not sold out.
You could be right. But the feeling around both, Batman got a better overall freaks reaction then Jean has had at least that's what I think. You never know though. She's popular and its not horrible or something
A jubilee PF better have the firecracker hands switch out! And 2 heads, one with sun glasses one without
Yes! That'd actually be incredibly awesome. And I'd like her jacket to be removable as well
There has gotta be some bubble gum
Nice. They could have a mouth insert or something that has a blown bubble and the goggles up profile could be winking :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I think collectors are more patience nowadays and many opted to wait for in hand pics before plunging with their cash. Smart move

I think collectors are more patience nowadays and many opted to wait for in hand pics before plunging with their cash. Smart move

This will usually work if you want a REG statue or if an EX you want has a HUGE ES. However, most peeps don't want to gamble with missing out on an EX if they have to wait for in hand pics. The Red Skull and Apocalypse PF are examples of if someone waited for in hand pics...the would have missed out on the EX. I try not to mess around if I KNOW I want a statue. I'll PO it because I just about always want the EX. Bottom line, if a piece suffers from QC issues and I can't get a replacement, I'll send it back on SSC's dime.

I know for me I am having to do the math. SS released a bunch of awesome items with high ES scheduled to come out around the same time. I'm used to getting maybe 3-4 PF's a year but next year I would get like 10 if I wasn't careful and now XM is in the mix and I find myself aggressively scaling back orders for a 1k Magneto etc

I know for me I am having to do the math. SS released a bunch of awesome items with high ES scheduled to come out around the same time. I'm used to getting maybe 3-4 PF's a year but next year I would get like 10 if I wasn't careful and now XM is in the mix and I find myself aggressively scaling back orders for a 1k Magneto etc

I completely understand. I'm working from a list of characters I have to have in 1/4 scale. It's the only way I can keep a handle on my PO's and my display space. SSC getting the DC license is hurting my wallet and display area way more than XM right now. I'm down to a handful of Marvel characters I want so if I pick them up from XM or SSC really doesn't make that much of a difference to me. It's the DC line that's challenging for me. I originally wanted to just pick up the Trinity and stick to the Bat-verse but if the rest of the Bid 7 look good, I see my resolve breaking and picking them up. Hell, I even broke down and ordered Lobo & Dawg because I was a HUGE Lobo fan in the 90's (and it's an incredible sculpt). Yeah, nowadays I'm far more worried about SSC's DC line. Most of their DC pieces just look phenomenal and that's where trouble lurks for me personally.

True. Haha

Look out, next xmen statue is.... Beak! :dunno
Seriously some stupid choices. and what's even more insulting to fans is that the sculpts on that and Darkchilde were better sculpts than the original XLadies...well most

If they do the whole hover chair we need that sooner than later with these prices constantly on the rise. My favorite X-Men are Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler, Xavier and Jean so I still need half of my favs.

I don't think Jubilee is a no go. Magik and Darkchile 1/5 Comiquettes are one thing but they also did X-23 which if not 1/4 scale is still a pretty large figure when comparing to true 1/4.

It all comes down to sculpt. If they do a good sculpt they'd have no problem selling her.

Hahaha wow I didnt think people would want the wheelchair :lol
It'd be nice if you could actually wheel him around.
That is the coolest thing about Xavier.

I think it's atrocious good ole prof. X hasn't gotten any pf love.
Serious. Would love to see an Onslaught PF after they do a Magneto

Back