Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

The majority of us don't primarily collect to "flip". If what we acquire happens to increase in value months later, then so be it.

I concur with one of the previous posts about having Nate in hand BEFORE any pre-orders for Fluffy or zombie offerings from SHS, but given the circumstances . . . if anyone wants to bow out (i.e. refund), then so be it provided Dooley responds in a timely manner . . . even if he is a one man operation. Customer service and addressing inquiries & refunds (when requested) are still part of a business. Some of you may disagree, but it's still our $ that was paid. If some of you can chalk it up to experience to write off $ lost to AMOKTIME toys or whatever, then more power, patience, understanding, karma to you.

For those you wanting & willing to wait and eventually . . . hopefully . . . rewarded with a kick @$$ Nate figure and then some . . . please go ahead rub it in our faces when that occurs to those who cancelled and received a refund . . . tell us "I/WE TOLD YOU SO". If the figure is further delayed for whatever reasons . . . then . . .

In retrospect . . . I've seen the identical same thing happen to another company when they first started. Granted, it was not to the severity of SHS because they had in hand stock on a variety of products, but I learned not to pre-pay (if at all possible) up front based on past experiences.

Then, frankly, you shouldn't have jumped on the preorder to begin with. Instead, you did, and are now projecting your horrible experience from another business on to a business most undeserving. :huh

SHS will deliver. Have faith. Use the force. Follow the yellow brick road. Whatever....but I have confidence in this project. :peace

Its not like some of the other companies that have taken the money and ran.

Then, frankly, you shouldn't have jumped on the preorder to begin with. Instead, you did, and are now projecting your horrible experience from another business on to a business most undeserving. :huh
--

I placed my pre-order in good faith (at the time) based on the then announced release time frame like the majority of us earlier this year without expecting such a significant delay.

I'm not projecting my horrible experience towards Dooley & SHS, but conveying a previous experience as a collector/customer. Moreover, Dooley is supposedly taking care of refunds for those who are requesting it. Granted, it may not be expeditious based on the explanation he provided (i.e. one man operation).

If you have a God given gift of knowing in advance if pre-orders will be fully honored even with delays, then you are truly enlightened and we all bow before you. Of course, the AMOKTIME exception not withstanding. Going forward, if you know of any pre-orders (even from Sideshow) that we should not jump on for any reason, then please enlighten us. God knows how many collectors you could have saved regarding the Rogue fiasco.

I used to bust other collector's chops when they griped about a particular company I like in the same manner that you do. I do understand you (and others) truly want Dooley/SHS to succeed and have absolutely no worries and I respect & understand that in the same manner as I continue to want to see one of my favorite 1:6 companies that caters to my 1:6 collecting niche succeed even with periodic bumps in the road given their past issues which many still continue to carp on.

As I said . . . you can really shove it to everyone when Nate is finally released by telling everyone "I TOLD YOU SO" to your heart's content and prove everyone who cancelled/requested a refund that we were impatient @$$holes, we were wrong, we're dumb@$$ douchebags, how you were right all along, etc. and that's fine.

Quite frankly, I've done the same as well so I know the feeling and believe it or not I understand your perspective, but not answering inquiries & requests for a refund on a timely basis after funds have changed hands due to delays for any business regardless of size is not acceptable. Yes, I'll come off and sound like an complete @$$hole for saying this, but the same principle applied to the other company that I enjoy as well.

Again, I personally want to see & acquire Nate when it's finally released. I would have stuck it out, but after much thought I don't feel comfortable with the time frame & circumstances after the delay announcement and I'm exercising my choice as a customer. I may not be your "type" of customer/collector nam. Heck, maybe I'm not Dooley's/SHS' type of customer. :huh

Just say Triad already. Everybody knows what "other company" you're talking about.

--

I placed my pre-order in good faith (at the time) based on the then announced release time frame like the majority of us earlier this year without expecting such a significant delay.

I'm not projecting my horrible experience towards Dooley & SHS, but conveying a previous experience as a collector/customer. Moreover, Dooley is supposedly taking care of refunds for those who are requesting it. Granted, it may not be expeditious based on the explanation he provided (i.e. one man operation).

If you have a God given gift of knowing in advance if pre-orders will be fully honored even with delays, then you are truly enlightened and we all bow before you. Of course, the AMOKTIME exception not withstanding. Going forward, if you know of any pre-orders (even from Sideshow) that we should not jump on for any reason, then please enlighten us. God knows how many collectors you could have saved regarding the Rogue fiasco.

I used to bust other collector's chops when they griped about a particular company I like in the same manner that you do. I do understand you (and others) truly want Dooley/SHS to succeed and have absolutely no worries and I respect & understand that in the same manner as I continue to want to see one of my favorite 1:6 companies that caters to my 1:6 collecting niche succeed even with periodic bumps in the road given their past issues which many still continue to carp on.

As I said . . . you can really shove it to everyone when Nate is finally released by telling everyone "I TOLD YOU SO" to your heart's content and prove everyone who cancelled/requested a refund that we were impatient @$$holes, we were wrong, we're dumb@$$ douchebags, how you were right all along, etc. and that's fine.

Quite frankly, I've done the same as well so I know the feeling and believe it or not I understand your perspective, but not answering inquiries & requests for a refund on a timely basis after funds have changed hands due to delays for any business regardless of size is not acceptable. Yes, I'll come off and sound like an complete @$$hole for saying this, but the same principle applied to the other company that I enjoy as well.

Again, I personally want to see & acquire Nate when it's finally released. I would have stuck it out, but after much thought I don't feel comfortable with the time frame & circumstances after the delay announcement and I'm exercising my choice as a customer. I may not be your "type" of customer/collector nam. Heck, maybe I'm not Dooley's/SHS' type of customer. :huh
531447977_when_are_you_just_going_to_stfu_xlarge.jpeg

--

Expecting that to be instantaneous is also ridiculous. Your definition of "reasonable" does not allow for someone who's in meetings all week, away at a con promoting a business, or preoccupied with the everyday running of a business. The delay was noted and Dooley responded in an entirely reasonable amount of time. Sure it wasn't immediately after your email, but that's unreasonable. :lol

I ordered some to sell in my shop and i paid for them up front and i'm not panicking.I totaly trust Dooley to come through and can not wait to see what else he brings out.I'm a fan and a retailer and i think Dooley is going to provide the figures we have all wanted but could never get.This is the right time for him quality has improved on every thing and 1/6 scale collecting is more popular than ever.

There will always be a demand for Horror collectibles licensed or un licensed. If the sideshow Dead line was out now with the current popularity of The walking Dead it would probably be one of there biggest sellers.This is why i believe Dooley will get this right and why Shrunken Head Studios will succeed where others have failed.

I have been selling comics and collectible toys in the UK for a long time and i have watched this industry grow. The one thing that always sells are the horror figures Sideshow's Universal monsters, Movie Maniacs,Cult Classics even Now Playing. Every one knows some one who collects horror figures that is why i always stock them the biggest seller i ever had is Chucky any Chucky doll always sells out. Horror and collectible toys are hear to stay this is why we need Dooley and Shrunken Head studios to do this right. This could lead the way to the 1/6 line Sideshow tried to do but we all know it could have been better.

I think I speak for most when I saw I'd rather wait a few months and get a great figure rather than having it rushed to meet a due date (Halloween?) and having the quality suck because of it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I want realictic looking Fluffy.

And I thank you for this! Everyone is entitled to there opinions... That's what these forums are for. And I respect any of my customers wanting to get a refund because they feel uncomfortable. That's more than fine. I know once things pick up I believe most will be back. But for everyone else who is standing by now I really appreciate the support.

CREEPSHOW aside... I think the zombie line is really going to be something special. It's my baby and I can't wait to show you all. Fluffy is still getting work done. I'd like to have some new pics soon. Anyone going to the 30th Anniversary Screening of CREEPSHOW @ Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Ca Oct 13... I'll be there most likely with the Nathan prototype for fans to check out! Hope to see you there!

I ordered some to sell in my shop and i paid for them up front and i'm not panicking.I totaly trust Dooley to come through and can not wait to see what else he brings out.I'm a fan and a retailer and i think Dooley is going to provide the figures we have all wanted but could never get.This is the right time for him quality has improved on every thing and 1/6 scale collecting is more popular than ever.

There will always be a demand for Horror collectibles licensed or un licensed. If the sideshow Dead line was out now with the current popularity of The walking Dead it would probably be one of there biggest sellers.This is why i believe Dooley will get this right and why Shrunken Head Studios will succeed where others have failed.

I have been selling comics and collectible toys in the UK for a long time and i have watched this industry grow. The one thing that always sells are the horror figures Sideshow's Universal monsters, Movie Maniacs,Cult Classics even Now Playing. Every one knows some one who collects horror figures that is why i always stock them the biggest seller i ever had is Chucky any Chucky doll always sells out. Horror and collectible toys are hear to stay this is why we need Dooley and Shrunken Head studios to do this right. This could lead the way to the 1/6 line Sideshow tried to do but we all know it could have been better.

And I thank you for this! Everyone is entitled to there opinions... That's what these forums are for. And I respect any of my customers wanting to get a refund because they feel uncomfortable. That's more than fine. I know once things pick up I believe most will be back. But for everyone else who is standing by now I really appreciate the support.

CREEPSHOW aside... I think the zombie line is really going to be something special. It's my baby and I can't wait to show you all. Fluffy is still getting work done. I'd like to have some new pics soon. Anyone going to the 30th Anniversary Screening of CREEPSHOW @ Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Ca Oct 13... I'll be there most likely with the Nathan prototype for fans to check out! Hope to see you there!

You're starting to sound like the early days of Sideshow. I remember going to Glendale and watching Frankenstein and SS was promoting their wares in the lobby.

I'm keeping my order in, can't wait to get nate and by this time I'm not really missing the money so it will be like a suprise when he arrives with cake:lol The price is very good to, I'd be interested to know what body the nate figure will have, is it a whole new design or on something we already know.

I'll drop by just to say hi and see the Nate figure! :panic: I'm just 15 minutes away from there.

Hi guys I have been conned a few times but never the same person but Dooley seems to be doing everything right and starting a business and supplying a great product so give him a break, yer.

Hey Everyone-

Nothing new yet! I'm still dealing with more of the business side at the moment. Getting ducks in a row and all that not-so fun stuff! I hope to post some pics soon of Fluffy's progress as well as some new zombie images from our new 1:6th line.

I'm also meeting with a certain heavy metal band to do collectibles and something else really special. I'll touch base ASAP and wet your appetites with some better more visual news! Until then have a Happy Halloween and a fun Spooktacular!!!

Back