Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my post got deleted haha :) Thanks Bro - if anyone who should be dissapointed would be myself and a handfull more who ordered and paid in fuill withiin the first 5 min of going live 5 years ago - i no 4 a fact more than 3 quarters demanded a refund and was,ent prepard to wait,..

so in reality the jokes on me - looks like my joke went wrong and a handfull of sour chops did,ent see the funny side - if anything i should be the one crying knowing the figures will never ever gonna come through, as much as brian brainwashing us all , trying covinceing us he,s working hard on them in his back kitchen :)
he should have really partnered up with another artist and got this complete time ago - plus why o why his he spending his spare time sculpting Fuffy ? -
All his dedication and spare time would ove been better off complteing the NATE FIGURE ---

Bottom line is that i was in the first 20 to put my order in 5 years ago, and stood by Brian from day one - never ask for no refund, and to be honest if the figure ever turns up (Great) but to me $90 i paid as gone and wont be getting back, to ease the pain i try teling myself the $90 would,ove been spent and gone some time ago ..anyways...

other little thing that niggled me was that brian promised that the guys that stood by him and never asked 4 a refund would get an extra secret item for doing so ,,, which was the ash tray or was it the tombstone stand caint seam to remmeber , but what did brian end up doing, telling everyone that ordered and all new orders wouls get the same secret item too lol

my opinon he should of left it to beto , instead of going to buy the rights, and unable to complete one complete figure - am i highend collecter and own most off betos figures and was on the 2nd run for fluffy, but had to miss out as brain took it on and come through with nothing - SAD

Update from Yesterday on FB:

Hello Everyone-

Sorry I've been missing for a while. I've been busy with some personal issues. I'm still working on the Creepshow project. Just about completed everything needed to start getting Nathan shipped. Also wrapping up "The Crate" molds. I don't have any other news right now. I'm just focusing on getting everything done so Nathan can go out. I'll post again soon with better news. I don't want to keep sounding like a broken record. There's just not much else to say except things are still progressing and you'll start seeing Nathan soon.
Thanks!!!

Update from Yesterday on FB:

He always states things are progressing, but nothing ever gets out. I so wanted this to succeed. I was so close to putting in an order when this was put up. When this or if this figure ever gets out it's going to be so anti-climatic. Fluffy and crate:toilet_cl

.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................
rip_van.jpg

It is so hard to not let the hate consume you. Really, $98 for this was a steal of a price... as long as a figure is delivered. IF Nate does get a release, it'll be interesting to see Dooley try to win back trust with Fluffy and the Tide Zombie figures he's been teasing. How the HECK is he gonna get people to trust him again? And how much will he be asking them to trust him with?

It will be interesting. I don't think he can get the trust back. There will be some who buy more. I think he'll have to try and tap into new customers who weren't involved in all of this.

The only way people will pre-order is if they are charged once it ships like many retailers do for other companies. The problem is that this company doesn't have the resources to do that. SHS needs the funds to start the work. Without the funds they need the orders to be paid upfront. That would not be as big of an obstacle if it wasn't for what we know has already happened.
It's really sad because there was plenty of support and love for SHS. There still might be support and love, but you do question their business sense. I know it was only $100, but who wants to go through all the explanations and excuses when the figure should have been released 5-6 years ago.
Man, 6 years. Patience is a virtue, but sheesh 6 years.

SHS Facebook page shows some updates. Even the folks who have stood by him from the beginning are commenting with some less than happy statements. I am glad I officially decided to pass on these. I don't care how good they turn out, how in demand they will be, what their future value on the secondary market will be, or anything else. I have soured to the whole experience. Its like the old resin garage kit days where some poor fella who meant well just got in over his head and couldn't follow through with his plans. Excuses ensued, and product never materialized.

The only way people will pre-order is if they are charged once it ships like many retailers do for other companies. The problem is that this company doesn't have the resources to do that. SHS needs the funds to start the work. Without the funds they need the orders to be paid upfront. That would not be as big of an obstacle if it wasn't for what we know has already happened.
It's really sad because there was plenty of support and love for SHS. There still might be support and love, but you do question their business sense. I know it was only $100, but who wants to go through all the explanations and excuses when the figure should have been released 5-6 years ago.
Man, 6 years. Patience is a virtue, but sheesh 6 years.

Its been six years?! Goddamn. :lol:slap

It's such a simple figure.
No way should it have taken that long.

It's been about 4 1/2 years. . .
If only I could buy a fully custom made figure for $150.

Google "Distinctive Dummies". A little company that only has about 6 months seniority on the initial Creepshow announcement. Ran part time by a school teacher and his wife. Put out almost 100 figures since Dooley made his announcement for Nate. 100 figures. 100 sculpts. 100 sets of clothes. 100 boxes. 100 pieces of art for those boxes.

Yet SHS still hasn't released Nate. Their premiere figure. SHS is either limited on resources, a personal family crisis has occurred (real life getting in the way) or SHS has put Creepshow as a serious back burner....as a side hobby.

My son has entered and finished high school in this time frame.

In business, one to show a profit 3 out of 5 years to be considered a business by the IRS and be able to ("write off") deduct losses, investments in materials, depreciation of equipment, etc, etc. SHS, to the best of public knowledge, hasn't had any profit, because there haven't been any releases. SHS now cannot make this 3 out of 5 year window. So SHS will shortly be considered a hobby by the IRS. Which could prove problematic.

Over all, I feel terrible SHS hasn't been the super hit I thought they would be right out of the gate. I don't think I will buy these....because it may be a little private only members thing before its all said and done. Darn shame.:lecture

Wow! I'm only posting since I have came upon this as its the top post. 6 years! Really!? That's just straight up insane.

Freaks upon freaks, myself included have done multiple figure projects with various artists via this forum and have been successful but you still can't get this going. Even after it was deemed to be a custom figure now in its current state.

I just wonder if you didn't go after Beto and start a big hissy fit over a paltry 10 figures would things would have turned out different for SHS. I guess well never really know.

All I know is this really proves to me that God don't like ugly and Karma is a serious *****!

Wow! I'm only posting since I have came upon this as its the top post. 6 years! Really!? That's just straight up insane.

Freaks upon freaks, myself included have done multiple figure projects with various artists via this forum and have been successful but you still can't get this going. Even after it was deemed to be a custom figure now in its current state.

I just wonder if you didn't go after Beto and start a big hissy fit over a paltry 10 figures would things would have turned out different for SHS. I guess well never really know.

All I know is this really proves to me that God don't like ugly and Karma is a serious *****!

What Magnus said^^^

Dooley: And to think you gave poor Beto a lot of crap about licensing. Still you didn't come through.

Where are our figures? What a ********* disappointment! I need a refund. Don't make me go to your booth at Monsterpalooza to get it.

Back