Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been two more updates... one on March 21st with some images of resin casts (Nathan parts and the "cake" head. Then another post on March 28th about a pressure chamber they built for casting.

They Posted this on may 16th via facebook

Hello Creeps!
I will be posting some updates on Nathan Grantham and the other figures soon. I've been busy with my day job. I'm back to forty hour weeks at a special effects studio. I'm working on the figures evenings and weekends. Fluffy's new body is done. Nathan's other clothing is on its way. And printing of the packaging sleeves will begin in a few weeks. I'm confident that Nathan Grantham will begin shipping mid to end of the summer. Thanks! I need to get back to some figures. Have a great weekend!!!!

Why it has taken four years to to make one 1/6 scale figure and sell it? Thats unbelievable.

It is an impressive length of time, but I know when it all comes together the end result will be brilliant. Plus, I figure I might as well stay in; I've wasted more money on dumber things before anyway, so why not try to support a startup?

Why it has taken four years to to make one 1/6 scale figure and sell it? Thats unbelievable.

He has a day job that takes precedence, plus a family. So---it gets released when he feels like it.

That's really the bottom line.

4 years is plenty of time to get it done if it was a priority. But its not going to take precedence over real life commitments, and making a living.

He's also taking care of everything his own self....in his studio....when he isnt tired from other projects.

Im not making excuses for the guy. Just telling it like it is. I recently started painting projects for Distinctive Dummies to help Martin out. Clean up, priming, painting....plus 60-100 of the same character over and over again....its tons of work. If the character has hands, and you do 60 of them....thats 120 hands. Its time consuming and nerve wracking,lol.:panic::panic:

Everythign that could go wrong for Dooley since this started seems to have gone wrong. He's probably going to lose his shirt on the first figure at least.

But he's still coming back to it. Thats a decent level of commitment to a project that, at this point, probably is more trouble than its worth.:lecture:lecture

I WILL BUY ONE WHEN ITS RELEASED. Until then.....think on other things,lol.:lol

At this point Nathan is just a figure in the back of my mind.... the money was spent so long ago it hardly feels like a purchase :lol

I still feel like Dooley is doing what he can to get them out, but slow going. He'd probably do better not giving any dates as they just get blown through every time. If we get Nathan before 2016 I'll be surprised :lol

Update on Nathan from SHS Facebook page:

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts. Been very busy!!! Let's get right to the business.
I'm casting and painting Nathan figures, Packaging is being printed and suits are being mucked up.
I promised images a while ago and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

The only detail of clothing I'm waiting on is the red ties and vests with the gold chain.
That's it!!! I'm determined to start shipping (even if it's just a few) Nathans by the end of the summer.
I will go through the list from our earliest orders to the most recent.

I predict by the holidays I should be all caught up on what SHS owes and can get the
next figures "THE CRATE" & "SOMETHING TO TIDE YOU OVER" ready to go out the door.

I've suspended sales till I've gotten caught up on Nathan. Once that has been done I'll accept new orders.
Through out the years of this project I've received many kind words of support as well as had my ass handed to me.
Everything that could go wrong did. And in the end it falls on me!

So with that I'm getting back to your figures. Please have a wonderful weekend. I will be neck deep in resin and paint!!!

I wanted this figure 3 1/2 years ago, and I'm still willing to buy it. Just hope he's able to produce and fulfill his orders. Right now it all just seems like a figment of my imagination lol. He's done a great job in the detail and accessories. I would like to see the finished product.

I wanted this figure 3 1/2 years ago, and I'm still willing to buy it. Just hope he's able to produce and fulfill his orders. Right now it all just seems like a figment of my imagination lol. He's done a great job in the detail and accessories. I would like to see the finished product.

I've defended him off and on over the years....and I know real life takes precedence. But lets be real: how much other product has gone from first sketch on a piece of paper stage, to completed product, to being sold out, to commanding secondary market prices in this same space of time? Lots. A small little customizer, who is essentially a one man show, has pushed more product thru in this time. If it sees release, I will be surprised. Maybe I am just being pessimistic....but ......

He's probably going to be fiscally hurt from taking this project on, if he isn't already. He's ruined his own rep by draggin his feet for so long. He's banking on the product being so awesome fans will forget its taken so long for it to be released. Hoping all will be forgiven. Maybe he's right. But I kinda doubt it.:monkey3:lecture

Update from Facebook:

I met with my packaging printers on Thursday. Everything is approved. I should have all my boxes in a few weeks.
The sleeves look great. I hope to have some pics of them next week.

Clothing is slowly coming in... but it is coming in. They still need to get all aged and distressed. But not a major problem.

Some minor changes in the body design needed to happen to make sure Nathan held up to proper posing and display.
Molding and casting are resuming this coming week. I've promised new images and they're coming.

I'm confident the first batch of Nathan's will begin shipping...
October 17, 2015. I will tackle orders of 10 - 25 at a time and get them out every 10 - 14 days.
As SHS gets caught up with back orders we will announce the new characters and when they'll be available.

Thank you for your support and patience. This has been a very long wait for everyone but we're finally nearing the end.

Have a good weekend.

Wow, almost 4 years in the making. Heck at this point wrap Nate in some paper and ship him out in a plain box. I want Fluffy.

He's banking on the product being so awesome fans will forget its taken so long for it to be released. Hoping all will be forgiven. Maybe he's right. But I kinda doubt it.:monkey3:lecture

No one cares/remembers how long things take once it's on their shelf.

Look at GoHero/Executive Replicas. . . their products took forever to release and when they did, they were still lackluster. . . and now they've "relaunched" and no one cares about their past.

Their stuff still takes forever, still fraught with delays. . . people complain, but they still buy.

No one cares/remembers how long things take once it's on their shelf.

Look at GoHero/Executive Replicas. . . their products took forever to release and when they did, they were still lackluster. . . and now they've "relaunched" and no one cares about their past.

Their stuff still takes forever, still fraught with delays. . . people complain, but they still buy.

Not me. Not everyone. Creepshow I will buy once readily available. But for some---the interest in that ship has sailed.:wink1:

Update from Facebook:

I met with my packaging printers on Thursday. Everything is approved. I should have all my boxes in a few weeks.
The sleeves look great. I hope to have some pics of them next week.

Clothing is slowly coming in... but it is coming in. They still need to get all aged and distressed. But not a major problem.

Some minor changes in the body design needed to happen to make sure Nathan held up to proper posing and display.
Molding and casting are resuming this coming week. I've promised new images and they're coming.

I'm confident the first batch of Nathan's will begin shipping...
October 17, 2015. I will tackle orders of 10 - 25 at a time and get them out every 10 - 14 days.
As SHS gets caught up with back orders we will announce the new characters and when they'll be available.

Thank you for your support and patience. This has been a very long wait for everyone but we're finally nearing the end.

Have a good weekend.

Great... so if we go on the low end of production (which is probably optimistic given what a cluster f this project has been) the run of what I think was 500 exclusive figures would take just 2 years to get through :lol (10 figures, every two weeks equals 260 figures in a year)

Don't know if he's still going with the plan of sending out figures to the retailers first, but if that's the case those that ordered the exclusive are ****ed.

Finished sleeve! :yess:

cs boxart.jpg

Back