1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Maybe they are sitting on a pile of broken seamless Wonder Women.

Really dig this. I gotta be honest, I've rewatched the movie a few times on HBO and it's not as bad as I remember it being when seeing it in the theaters. Is it great, no. Is it entertaining, yeah. I think I'd get this if they put out the silver coat Joker which I don't know what's going on with.

Rogue One got figure so why not Suicide Squad?

Evilface is right. Instead of complaining about this figure, we should all be lobbying HT to stop producing figures from all terrible movies.

CWr8j94U4AAleTD.jpg
:lol

With regard to this Harley she looked great in the dress in the movie but it just doesn't translate to a poseable figure and the HS doesn't look like Margot at all.

If you don't like it, you don't have to get it. Some of us will be. Harley is the star of the film and one of the few reasons to have actually even seen it, for most. The more figures she gets, the merrier.

I mean, it could have just as easily been yet another Iron Man or Batman release for pete's sake. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess. Hot Toys is at least trying to give us some variety here lately and all anyone brings to the table are complaints. Waste of time this, Barbie that. Okay, got it. Great. Now, can some positivity freshen up the thread?

No.

This release is stupid. Trash.

No.

This release is stupid. Trash.

Says you. I for one am leaning towards picking this up. I like these kind of oddball, one scene type toys.

Also, Hot Toys is going to make what sells, so if the previous Suicide Squad toys are selling, then they are going to make more. I'd trust them with their market analytics than people who just are upset about their favorite franchise being ignored. I'd die for some of my favorites to get picked up by Hot Toys, doesn't mean I blame them for not doing so. They have the most skin in the game and the most to lose when picking up a new franchise or creating new figures. The most we have to lose is $200-$300, I imagine they could lose tens of thousands at best.

The figure as a whole looks good. Face needs minor tweaks. It is a much better figure than their first Wonder Woman imo. She will look good next to tuxedo joker

CWr8j94U4AAleTD.jpg

With regard to this Harley she looked great in the dress in the movie but it just doesn't translate to a poseable figure and the HS doesn't look like Margot at all.

I know all you do is search 'Rogue One Sucks' every couple hours because you ain't interested in any DC dolls. :lol

For the love of god why. :lol

You don't have a naked Sarah Connor doll on a stripper pole with Arnold making it rain?

LOL at those justifying this abomination.

With so much licenses (some iconic ones) they decide to put this out. That BD Murphy 2-pack was HT's very last effort to be great.

I know all you do is search 'Rogue One Sucks' every couple hours because you ain't interested in any DC dolls. :lol

But I do like SS and especially Margot's Harley so these threads always pique my interest when a new figure is previewed. ;)

Hell I probably enjoyed this movie and characters more than most of you who frequent this forum, lol.

It's interesting that they didn't use a seamless body on this.

Maybe they actually wanna see people pose their action figures, though they should have done this with Wonder Woman instead of Dancing with the Stars Harley.

Evilface is right. Instead of complaining about this figure, we should all be lobbying HT to stop producing figures from all terrible movies.

To be fair, Hot Toys isn't making three different versions of Jyn and three different versions of Chirrut Imwe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really dig this. I gotta be honest, I've rewatched the movie a few times on HBO and it's not as bad as I remember it being when seeing it in the theaters. Is it great, no. Is it entertaining, no. I think I'd get this if they put out the silver coat Joker which I don't know what's going on with.

Fixed that typo for ya.

Also, are the Suicide Squad figures REALLY selling well? Last I checked, all versions of SS Joker are still in stock on Sideshow.

To be fair, Hot Toys isn't making three different versions of Jyn and three different versions of Chirrut Imwe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They would if those figures sold well. I imagine they didn't though. The Rogue One characters are not all that iconic and memorable. Most people who saw it couldn't name all the members of the group I imagine. Harley is a focal point of one of the biggest movies of 2016 and is probably going to continue that way for the DCEU. Most people who disliked the movie still had good things to say about Margot and her portrayal.

As for the body goes, I don't mind since these are figures. They are dolls in some ways. As long as the costume is well done, the face sculpt is reflective of the subject, and they come with cool accessories, I'm fine with a body that shows joints. None of the people who have seen my collection have ever commented on joints being visible on some of my figures.

If you don't like this, totally fine. Don't buy it since that wouldn't make sense to spend your money on something you don't want. Just don't speak down to people who do. I think that's just rude.

On second thought we are getting Margot Robbie with a stripper pole, we should all be rejoicing

Maybe I'm weird but I thought she looked better in her Dr Harleen outfit. :lol Never cared for this look.

I do find Hot Toys confusing, four Leto Jokers and now three Harley's from a film most don't care about. Two Jokers and the one Harley would have been enough. Meanwhile no BTTF1 Doc Brown, one of the most iconic and loved movie characters. Still no Romero Joker or Pfeiffer Catwoman. :dunno

Back