1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

I only want the headsculpt the dress is pretty tacky ugly to me if was a checker red n black maybe ,but I'll be happy with 1st Harley version. I wish we could get some Robin figure's we can have 5 or 6 HQ before any Robins is kinda funny how this hobby world release's characters. Just wish had more in bats world then same release's.
There's no Robin because he's not actually in any of the new films. If you want a Robin, hope that they get around to the Arkham games version. Same with Batgirl.

Ssf never disappoints.

This trash will be heavily discounted and given for free as a pack in.
Actually, it could sell far better than the Purple Coat Joker, who actually is still sitting in-stock most places. That headsculpt is pretty bad on an already controversial redesign. So, that's my assumption as to why. The other Jokers have sold fairly well.

Ssc doesn't do free....

Why another release from this awful film?
This look like a barbie doll every time I see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why come into a thread for a figure you won't like anyway, from a movie you already hate? Go live your life and don't crap all over everyone else's parade. If I had time to waltz into threads for figures I couldn't care less about, like some of you do... well, I'd probably still spend it doing something else instead, lol.

I was not trashing the figure much just saying I will be happy with the 1st HQ version and Harleys Birthday of 25 yrs was couple days ago same as release. Also Harley has a huge cult following so i'm sure she will sell just fine. Along with her and joker next movie we will have plenty of HQ to choose from in next movie.

Franpichino is always negative i've never seen him praise any release, so just ignore it. lol:lol sorry

Enjoy your release dont worry what others hate and Just enjoy the things you love.:duff

Last edited:
How have the Phicen seamless bodies held up to posing? How have they held up to TIME? Is the rubber eroding?

That was a BIG issue for Hot Toys in the past and still haunts them on some of their releases (Iron Man rubber parts, the ALIENS Warrior 2.0 and even some GOTG Gamora figures). My guess is that they still have NOT found an optimal solution yet. Even with the Wonder Woman releases, that can very well be an experiment to see how the material lasts.

I like it, but there are just too many Bat-related releases lately. I can't keep up. Hope to get this, prison Harley, and tux Joker later on down the line. (Hopefully on sale...)

Either way, great likeness, but really barebones accessories with this one. Not sure I need a stripper pole in my collection, either.

Love Margot Robbie so this is a no-brainer for me.

Now if only we could get a Dr. Quinzell. Could it one day be possible?

Harley_Quinn_Doctor_zpseqcdz2ch.jpg

Phicen bodies have the potential to crack, but it's not as common apparently as some would make it seem.

Also, too many Bat-related releases sounds like a good thing!

I'm very torn about this, although I was lobbying for it.

1. Likeness to Margot is very iffy. In the scene this was from, her smile was much more... knowing. It was kind of a sarcastic smile. This here looks like a cheerleader. A happy, overly-friendly cheerleader.

2. Doll hair, I freaking HATE doll hair on HT.

3. Joints are not helping....

4. Is the dress actually made of mesh, or is it made of plastic MOLDED to look like metal mesh? Owing to the hem tassels, I am more than strongly suspecting molded plastic. Also, metal mesh would be a lot more expensive. UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [EDIT: I see the description claims its a fabric dress. I'm not much happier.]

5. The neckline of the dress is completely wrong and lacks all actual drape, again leading me to suspect plastic not metal mesh.

6. The dance pole was shown in the movie. But here I think its the wrong touch and cheapens the figure.

I think I will pass on this and wait for future Harleys that appeal to me more, altho if I got her for an excellent sale price I might be willing to take a look.

I'll never understand the distaste for "doll hair." When it's done right, it almost always looks better than sculpted hair and is way more functional. I could understand if it's half laziness of not wanting to futz or fiddle with getting it just right.

The superduck Crazy Girl set does look nice as far as the joints go but the sculpt is off much more than the HT one. Plus the shoes are wrong.
3fd905150907f8f786c1bc054427d304.jpg

72af6b912e07c66c76af6b4fc2575571.jpg

db0c2bafcd160f7bdead6538057ce8ea.jpg

2c5f8998d6639966c1e941022d176bf6.jpg

4fa99c4980390348e9accf7eb4a15a86.jpg

They did it on the Phicen Zombie Girl too.
76fd0964c71191471e6a4574b505f9ac.jpg

4a0537c3ac2eb1af345aae4a080ef814.jpg

9542bfcd14eccd9e21db5a838d5d0cff.jpg

Those tattoos, scars, and zombie stains were really hard to get off. I tried to make a Mystique custom using that body and it never panned out cause I couldn't remove the stickers and the body was too light blue.

I'm not sure where all this "they can't put tattoos on rubber seamless bodies comes from". My guess is that it comes from custom attempts of people trying to paint on or ad decals to seamless bodies later (which won't work because paint or decals won't adhere to the surface well) , but I don't imagine that is how they do it when they manufacture a figure with tattoos right from the beginning. The Mike Tyson figure and Zombie Girl figures clearly demonstrate that seamless bodies can be made with tattoos.

I'll never understand the distaste for "doll hair." When it's done right, it almost always looks better than sculpted hair and is way more functional. I could understand if it's half laziness of not wanting to futz or fiddle with getting it just right.

Doll hair just reminds the grown heterosexual men who buy 1/6th of what they're ACTUALLY doing, which is buying dolls!

Hits too close to home i guess.

Maybe Hot Toys should look into a name change. "Hot Dolls" could do wonders for their image and a vast majority of their consumer base. :lol

Anyway, I think Hot Toys is hesitant to produce fully seamless female and male body types due to the sheer cost of it. The figures are already way above what we all thought we would be paying in 2017, back when we first got into this hobby.

Still, it's odd because, if you really think about it... coming up with a concept for it is quite simple. They could adjust the endoskeleton, based on an actor's measurements. Afterwards, they could take a body scan and produce new molds, giving a pretty solid body to work with. Tweaks would theoretically be easy to manage in 3D imagining, prior to the mold actually being cast. Or they could take a simpler route and only use that method when a person's shape is so unique that the attention to detail requires it.

The kicker is the amount of devotion this kind of undertaking would entail and they would also be stepping on Phicen's toes, even if they never produced "base bodies."

There's also the fact that, on a "doll" like this, you're probably not going to want her in a static pose, which means the invitation of the dreaded creases people are afraid of.

So what's the difference between a toy, an action figure and a doll? The same as a graphic novel and comic book? Is there a scale between a toy and a doll? Who knows, who cares, if someone thinks it's a toy it's a toy, if someone a doll a doll. I just see them as posable statues personally because I pose and leave it. Some people play with theirs, so toy, some people modify and change out outfits and do their hair and swap their clothes, so doll. For me it's pretty much how you want to use it it becomes what it is.

It's all semantics. And the 'stigma' applied to particular terms by some.

To me they're all toys. And in essence dolls as well, because that was their origin when Hasbro began to market dolls for boys. They just happen to be more sophisticated now than the original dolls made specifically for girls.

yup, the term "action figure" I believe was coined by the makers of 12" GiJoe, because they knew boys would not want to be seen as playing with "barbies". It's a name game, a marketing game. There is no real difference in scaled toy figures besides the ones we imagine.

Back