1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Have not heard that in the slightest. Not going to hold my breath. Besides, until the movie is not long for release, Hot Toys won't unveil anything anyway. :lol

There's a Batgirl film? Neat. I hadn't heard that either, but if so, I'm definitely behind that.

Can't wait to get her! Looks good so far. The knees look way better on this version that I'm almost wondering if Hot Toys will attempt a second try at their first Harley (with even more improved aesthetics), like they do with so many of their popular figures.

Sure, it's a free internet. But when half the internet is nothing but bitching and moaning and whiny trolls, you can't help but get sick of seeing all the **** eventually. And I'm certainly at that age where my tolerance for incessant whining is at an all-time low.

The world is so negative now that I'm surprised it hasn't shortened lifespans. :lol

Anyway, there is a difference in criticism and ****canning something just because. Lots of people are coming in here simply doing the latter.

Ok , understandable [emoji4]

BTW our life spans are getting shorter....at least white men.....

But that's due to all the white guys overdosing on opiates.....

Most who are taking them to get over the sight of those knees on Harley!!'nn

LOL.
What I would do for a Batman animated series style Harley 1/6 figure....no worry about knees then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, it's a free internet. But when half the internet is nothing but bitching and moaning and whiny trolls, you can't help but get sick of seeing all the **** eventually. And I'm certainly at that age where my tolerance for incessant whining is at an all-time low.

The world is so negative now that I'm surprised it hasn't shortened lifespans. :lol

Anyway, there is a difference in criticism and ****canning something just because. Lots of people are coming in here simply doing the latter.

:clap:hi5::yess:

It's like do these peeps even bother reading the constant negative crap drivel they put out there?! It's like people really are mentally ill...and just don't know it.

The rooted hair looks good in those Secret Base shots. Hopefully it'll look that nice on the final product.

Sculpt looks nice, it's just that her nose is too big.

spot on likeness of her right there. Looks really amazing!!!! hopefully final product looks this great :)

+Harley+Quinn+%28Dancer+Dress+Version%2937.JPG

I own a lot of dolls and happily futz with their hair when needed. But none of them are based on people from film or real life, so there isn't a likeness to worry about.

The issue with a figure like this is, is the hair going to be styled right, as in like how it was in the film? Often, it isn't. Then you paid full price to have to restyle the hair yourself. Or maybe it has a ton of styling gunk on it, then you have to first get that off and then do the work. Molded hair: right first time every time.

The sight of the hair plugs going into the scalp really breaks immersion. its not a dealbreaker, but I don't like it. YMMV.

Exactly.

I own a lot of dolls and happily futz with their hair when needed. But none of them are based on people from film or real life, so there isn't a likeness to worry about.

The issue with a figure like this is, is the hair going to be styled right, as in like how it was in the film? Often, it isn't. Then you paid full price to have to restyle the hair yourself. Or maybe it has a ton of styling gunk on it, then you have to first get that off and then do the work. Molded hair: right first time every time.

The sight of the hair plugs going into the scalp really breaks immersion. its not a dealbreaker, but I don't like it. YMMV.

This is a great point about rooted vs sculpted hair. When rooted right it truly does add extra strength to a figure's "movie accuracy". But remember some of the BW releases (Winter Soldier and AOU)? Both are phenomenal head sculpts that came with hard to manage or IMO hair that was "movie inaccurate". So, it 100% depends on the figure. I think the first Harley looks great with sculpted hair. And I'm looking forward to the Training Armor WW for the same reason. Its more fun when they change it up anyway. I would love for example, to have a Thor or an Aquaman figure with the rooted hair (but again, only if it's made correctly).

Nope, it fell into the pit of unrealized potential that Hot Toys has laying around in their backyard. Maybe we'll get it some day? It's a shame too, because the Returns Keaton is pretty damn good.

Don't know why buy the headsculpt somehow reminds me of...

Hallo Mr. Shefield!

5cdb2ab6fc8e6c4d69fffe4ac57ed319.jpg

I was gonna say, you see another beautiful woman?

Same body, but they've definitely tweaked those knees. The material has been redesigned or thinned or something around where the upper leg connects and rests atop the lower leg.

I dare say they could even go a smidge further, but meh. It looks good. And this is coming from someone who very much dislikes the initial Harley's knees.

I think you're onto something, but I wonder just how much alteration to the knees. To me, the shadows on the joints seem darker in some shots because of the darker coloring on the fishnets. This one has nothing covering and that may also make them seem a bit more flush between the upper and lower legs.

I saw some pics of this on display and that head sculpt really looks great from certain positions - it captures the angular look of her eyes, eyebrows and eye makeup, especially at a 3/4 view.

Back