1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only interest to own the figure is because it is from a singularly weird, cringeworthy stripper/gangsta scene. The retarded dialogue, the convulsive style editing, Margot and especially Jared Leto's shameless gesticulated overacting. It really sums up the entire movie. Kind of like how you cannot help but look while driving past a accident/crash site. "Lightning in a bottle" bad. I love it!
So bad it's good.
4d9b1a6c69c72e7deb233a434f3c435b.gif
This is probably just me, but I actually enjoyed nearly every moment that Harley and the Joker were on screen in the extended cut. Really, they could have killed the Enchantress off halfway through the film and made the Joker the villain from that point forward and I'd have been perfectly okay with it.

Yeah I agree, it could have been another iron Man, surprised they didn't have one on display for those Ragnarok
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Ragnarok themed Iron Man in the works. :lol

Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Up for PO at BBTS. No 10% NRD on this one like the previous 2 Star Wars TLJ figures they put up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up for PO at BBTS. No 10% NRD on this one like the previous 2 Star Wars TLJ figures they put up.

Well, I guess that's the cue that it's about time to stop using BBTS. That's always been one of the defining reasons for using them for years, not having deposits. Why use them at all now for anything except smaller scale purchases? That's assuming that this is going to become commonplace. However, like everything, once it begins it only escalates.

Well, I guess that's the cue that it's about time to stop using BBTS. That's always been one of the defining reasons for using them for years, not having deposits. Why use them at all now for anything except smaller scale purchases? That's assuming that this is going to become commonplace. However, like everything, once it begins it only escalates.

Their 10% NRD is selective. This figure doesn't have it. It looks like figures they don't want to get stuck with are the ones they are applying the NRD to.

It's hard to beat their flat $4 shipping, Pile-of-Loot, and double-boxing.

EXACTLY! Thoroughly disappointed. I will now have to buy the figure, move the clothes to a seamless body, and sell the original one on eBay and hope the cost balances out somewhat. Come on Hot Toys! I know your material composition with the King Leonidas back in the day resulted in cracking but it looks like we have fixed that issue at this point. Don't be afraid to go all the way.

They havent fixed the issue though, seamless bodies still crack, even Phicen ones.

I think this is the same exact body they used for their main Harley Quinn figure. So, if you like that one, this should be just as good - it's solid and the weight feels right. It should also last if that's the case. The body is one of the better proportioned ones I've seen used with 1/6 figures and they designed the joints to give it a smoother transition between the moving parts - almost a seamless look. Matter of fact, for a jointed body, this might be the closest to seamless we can currently get and I like having this as an alternative. I even hope they use it on a Wonder Woman figure in the future.

Same body, but they've definitely tweaked those knees. The material has been redesigned or thinned or something around where the upper leg connects and rests atop the lower leg.

I dare say they could even go a smidge further, but meh. It looks good. And this is coming from someone who very much dislikes the initial Harley's knees.

EXACTLY! Thoroughly disappointed. I will now have to buy the figure, move the clothes to a seamless body, and sell the original one on eBay and hope the cost balances out somewhat. Come on Hot Toys! I know your material composition with the King Leonidas back in the day resulted in cracking but it looks like we have fixed that issue at this point. Don't be afraid to go all the way.

The seamless body you'll replace it with won't have the tattoos. Also the skin tone probably won't match the hands, feet, etc.

Maybe there is a problem with adding tattoos to a seamless body due to the material. I'm sure there's a good reason :huh

I hope they make every version of Harley and the Joker from every film they are to be featured in. Every. Single. Version.

I want it to be on the level of Hasbro. I want the dynamic duo to drown out the very nemesis to all figure licenses. The Iron Men. :horror

:lol

I strongly believe Hot Toys could find a way to do a seamless body. A partnership with Phicen would do wonders for the industry. Collaboration can be a beautiful thing.

That said, I think what we have here is a right side better than what we could've hoped for. The knees look better and she will actually be able to pose without the entire collecting internet world losing their minds about a crease.

They havent fixed the issue though, seamless bodies still crack, even Phicen ones.

Really? I have had a few of theirs for around four years now and no problems. I know trying to airbrush them a different color is a big no no. I even try not to mess with that thin layer of power that's on them. Keeping them in the garage exposed to the temperatures is definitely out of the question. What are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I have had a few of theirs for around four years now and no problems. I know trying to airbrush them a different color is a big no no. I even try not to mess with that thin layer of power that's on them. Keeping them in the garage exposed to the temperatures is definitely out of the question. What are you doing?

I haven't had any issues with it yet personally, but I also tend to not over pose seamless figs anyway, I work around them for static poses.

However, there's always a batch of people dealing with tearing when things are bending. Its rubber, its bound to happen. I saw a few with the Gamora figure in the arms.

I just figure if you want seamless buy a statue, these are figurines, id rather plastic with decent made joints than tearing elbows and knees after a few years.

The seamless body you'll replace it with won't have the tattoos. Also the skin tone probably won't match the hands, feet, etc.

Maybe there is a problem with adding tattoos to a seamless body due to the material. I'm sure there's a good reason :huh

Good point. And, aside from the decals, even a good artistic commission with a fine point would fall victim to bleeding with rubber.

Back