Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS247 - Disney Maleficent Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS247 - Disney Maleficent Collectible Figure (Specs + High Res)

Interesting. I really want one after seeing the movie.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS247 - Disney Maleficent Collectible Figure (Specs + High Res)

Saw the movie today, if the price is right I'd go for this.

Thought I posted here, now I realized that I wrote my post on the other Maleficent thread.

Anyway, one of the 2 official SSC/HT distributors here in the Philippines said on their FB page that Maleficent's having some licensing problems of some sort (not sure what issue in particular), thus the delay. What's weird is that a couple more local shops here (the shops that don't get their stocks direct from HT/SSC) opened POs for this (@ around $230) a few days after the proto pictures were launched. Not sure if these shops have also put their POs on hold though.

Odd. It's a little late in the game to be having licensing issues I feel. Especially since the Proto obviously was approved. I wonder what they could be.

Aww that's bad news. I was really looking forward to getting this.

Odd. It's a little late in the game to be having licensing issues I feel. Especially since the Proto obviously was approved. I wonder what they could be.

Jolie was like, no thats to life-like :lol

It's always about money.

I think Disney trying to push other manufactured Maleficent dolls, before peeps are aware of the HT figure, kinda made sense to me.

I don't know why Angelina Jolie would hold this specific figure up, while other Maleficent dolls seem to have gotten the go ahead.

I sincerely doubt that this is a question of the actor holding up the license. This is a money issue like TKGold pointed out. Disney hearts $$$$.

Jolie has nothing to do with it lol, it's a rights issue from licensing ends, she doesn't give two ****s about a doll.

I PO'ed it, but 229 is kind of high if you ask me. When the time comes if I have to cancel a few items, she's first to go.

What's up with these random figures Sideshow won't let me pre order? Golden Age Captain America & now this? :slap

Oh well, I guess I'm pre ordering at BBTS.

I am compelled to preorder but I really cannot see where it fits in among my collection.

I think it's pretty cool despite not seeing the movie, but I'd rather have the cartoon version than Jolie.
review_malificient_5.jpg

Preordered.... but that price tag....

tumblr_inline_n8onqpCSuK1rnvwt1.gif

I might use this as a Kryptonian queen or something... just need to justify this to myself somehow

I'm the same way. I love the figure but she can't be Maleficent on my shelf. I've decided she's Loki in female form--he was a shape-changer after all. I'll have her going toe to toe with Thor on the shelf.

$230 and no Wings? no alternate horns (believe she had a few in the movie). Also no exposed pointed ears, HT took the easy way on making this one, didn't have to make hair, ears, wings... If they gave us two sculpts (one with ears, one as shown), and wings, I would gladly have paid $275 for this (DX version). As is I am not sure.

what about the spec above her eye, did they forget to draw it on there? female faces are always too Barbie like, I realize its tough to get detail when in real life they are coated in makeup (especially for movies) but they gotta figure something out to give them the detail the male figures have.

Ugghh!! 3 daughters and have to pre order for all of them plus 3 of the 18" Aurora from Disney that go on preorder this month also. Can not say no since I have a large SSC and Hot Toys collection that I started doing late last year. Daddy's little princess's!:wink1:

Just tried buying it but turns out it wont be shipping to Australia??? even though all their other stuff does????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back