Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2000AD are sitting on a cash cow here. Why don't they find a studio that will make a Dredd figure, maybe Big Chief Studios? It serves them right, if they don't want to cash in on their intellectual properties, then that's up to them.

That's not how it works.
The companies come to *them* and offer to produce a product, then they tell the company what the licence cost will be.
Companies *never* do the work themselves to get product made.

What would be even better for all concered is if the licence holder said "pay us 1% and you can sell THIS figure" then it wouldn't affect the price we pay by much the licencee would still be getting money they would not have been getting otherwise and evryone could be happy...alas business people seldom do anything thats vaugely in anyones interests but thier own, so very unlikely to happen.

1% :rotfl

License royalties are generally 10-30%

1% :rotfl

License royalties are generally 10-30%

sigh...that's the point I was trying to make, people can charge whatever they want for royalties, it doesn't have to be 10-30% it could easily be 1% but they won't do that.

Lawyers... always trying to ruin the fun.

13971888957_1e465fce55_o.jpg

Do folks honestly think that this unlicensed figure will effect sales of any potential official one by Hot Toys or Big Chief or who ever? I certainly don't think so. As a collector, I know I would always want the official item. I have bought this unlicensed one as I have little hope of an official figure. If by some miracle we get an official Dredd figure, I will be all over it. Still waiting years on for 3A to do more. If anything this bootleg should put a spark in 2000AD's arse, shows demand for a product and pull their figure out. I find it hard to imagine that no manufacturer has approached 2000AD about a 1:6 license off the back of popular Dredd movie. The Dredd movie license cannot be that expensive unless 2000AD over price their licensed to begin with. There's an easy solution to this, make a official figure that looks better than this.

I would agree. While it seems to be a popular offering, I would think no more than 500 are made. An official one would prolly move 2500-3000 units.

Give it up guys. Got word from a very reliable source (someone that works for AF) that it WILL be cancelled from Art Figures as soon as this week. So, Chinese, Russian, American, Amish vendors will not get it if its cancelled. Unless they work out a deal where someone can get some $$$$, then its a no go.

I'm pretty doubtful as well. A source that's been in the business for 12 years told me they have seen something like this twice before. In both cases the figure never came to be.

I also doubt 2000AD gives a **** to pursue a Dredd figure. What have they done before? A handful of model kits? A few statues? They don't care for this medium.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

:lol

Out of all the bootleg figures Art Figures has made, why'd this one have to be the one to have so much controversy? We got 2 Expendables figures, Tears of the Sun, Sin City and 2 Punisher figures but this awesome looking figure that looks to beat all the last figures AF has made so far is the one to get slammed. Such a shame and a waste

As I mentioned over at OSW, because everyone on all these forums, and even distributors couldn't keep their mouths shut. Stop calling it DREDD, or mentioning KARL URBAN, 2000A.D., and these things will stay under the radar. Lack of discretion on everyone's part is what brought this to their attention. Just do a Google search for Judge Dredd, and you'll see what I mean. As far as the other characters they've done... None of them looked that much like the actors to really pass for the real thing, but this... hard to mistake for anything else. It was only a matter of time before some of these bootleg companies came to the attention of the powers that be, and now that they are, well probably see a lot more interference toward other bootleg manufacturers. The consumers (us) and the distributors/reviewers are to blame; we are our own worst enemies.

Give it up guys. Got word from a very reliable source (someone that works for AF) that it WILL be cancelled from Art Figures as soon as this week. So, Chinese, Russian, American, Amish vendors will not get it if its cancelled. Unless they work out a deal where someone can get some $$$$, then its a no go.

It WILL be done! ;)

As I mentioned over at OSW, because everyone on all these forums, and even distributors couldn't keep their mouths shut. Stop calling it DREDD, or mentioning KARL URBAN, 2000A.D., and these things will stay under the radar. Lack of discretion on everyone's part is what brought this to their attention. Just do a Google search for Judge Dredd, and you'll see what I mean. As far as the other characters they've done... None of them looked that much like the actors to really pass for the real thing, but this... hard to mistake for anything else. It was only a matter of time before some of these bootleg companies came to the attention of the powers that be, and now that they are, well probably see a lot more interference toward other bootleg manufacturers. The consumers (us) and the distributors/reviewers are to blame; we are our own worst enemies.

Possibly.
Of course there is a whole thread on the 2000AD forums where people snitch on bootleg products to get them taken off sale.

Without this figure, i'd have never hearded about Dredd the movie ! I've bought the dvd recently and i love it, Art figures is publicizing Dredd movie !!!

:goodpost::exactly:
Everywhere it is Dredd, also in my local seller store, but mainly it is also on pages of Dredd's fan, which don't know, how 1:6 market works and then this figure is badly named Dredd, not Daedd or AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop,...so there is problem! This is now really popular figure... This isn't like interest thread from this forum, where people secure their mouth...

Possibly.
Of course there is a whole thread on the 2000AD forums where people snitch on bootleg products to get them taken off sale.

There are really thread, where people pointing on company, which making "fakes"? Ouch...

Possibly.

Have you got a link to the thread I can't find it. I can't imagine why fans would do that when nothing else is really available aside from graphic novels.

There are really thread, where people pointing on company, which making "fakes"? Ouch...

Yeah. It sucks. This figure is not in there. But there seems to be someone in the thread who will inform 2000AD if the find something deemed to be violating copyright.
So it doesn't matter what we all said on here. This product was always going to arouse the suspicion of such people.

Have you got a link to the thread I can't find it. I can't imagine why fans would do that when nothing else is really available aside from graphic novels.

https://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,29533.0.html

Dammit. Too slow, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back