Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel?filter=2

:rock

(There was a heated 'debate' about this figure on that Facebook page on 9th May).

:lol

I like the guy who keeps calling this a CHEAP knock off. They apparently never heard of art figures. While I've had two figures with broken shoulders, everything else with the figures were pretty great quality. Out of all the bootleg figures Art Figures has made, why'd this one have to be the one to have so much controversy? We got 2 Expendables figures, Tears of the Sun, Sin City and 2 Punisher figures but this awesome looking figure that looks to beat all the last figures AF has made so far is the one to get slammed. Such a shame and a waste

I like the guy who keeps calling this a CHEAP knock off. They apparently never heard of art figures. While I've had two figures with broken shoulders, everything else with the figures were pretty great quality. Out of all the bootleg figures Art Figures has made, why'd this one have to be the one to have so much controversy? We got 2 Expendables figures, Tears of the Sun, Sin City and 2 Punisher figures but this awesome looking figure that looks to beat all the last figures AF has made so far is the one to get slammed. Such a shame and a waste

:exactly::goodpost:

Sods law dictates so. :gah:

:goodpost:

Just because it's a 'bootleg' they're assuming it must be crap. Though that, of course, might just be part of their argument in supporting the official channels. (There's a link to a Dredd 2 petition on the official 2000AD site at the top of the Facebook page).

For those who wanted to swap the bodies to a TTM, which would be a good one to use?

Would the HS be swap-able?

For those who wanted to swap the bodies to a TTM, which would be a good one to use?

Would the HS be swap-able?

The body they generally use has feet that are permanently attached, but the body itself is quite tall. The $24 HT bootleg on Ebay will be an okay substitute, or maybe a TTM21 if your budget allows. But you might have to put on longer pegs, perhaps even super long custom pegs to add an extra 5 or 6mm above normal long pegs.

This figure listing has been taken down from my local toys distributor website. And I think it is not a good sign.

Oh, didn't know that there was a height difference.

Thanks Bar!

Yes. These bodies are proper 1/6 scale for taller guys(The body is about the same height as the HT MOS body, albeit less muscle bound).
It's a great body if you want to put together a taller custom. With HT figures all being in 12" scale, this really does stand head and shoulders above the HT bodies(No pun intended).

Here is a pic of an Art Figures body wearing a HT Nick Fury costume, and a Dam Toys GLINT headsculpt, with some HT figures for scale:

241843AF-6BC8-4A94-80D9-BBF8A9E885FA.jpg

Damn, looks like 2000AD is getting involved in taking legal action.

I really hope this thing doesn't get cancelled.

And why does the badge on this thing day "DAEDD"?

I like the way they put it that they're working hard to make sure that we are not ripped off!

2000AD are sitting on a cash cow here. Why don't they find a studio that will make a Dredd figure, maybe Big Chief Studios? It serves them right, if they don't want to cash in on their intellectual properties, then that's up to them.
The Art Figures Dredd is not based on the comic book version anyway.
I hope all this makes 2000AD move their asses. :exactly:

Us collectors need a Dredd and we don't care how we get it, hell I would push old grannies out the way to get my hands on this.

And it is hard to make AF legit? It is hard to say: "Hi, you have nice figure, but illegal. What about make it legal, you can sell it everywhere, change DAEDD to DREDD and we want 30% of profit." This is not the best solution? Will this AF denied? Or right owner will denied, because this is bootleg company?

And it is hard to make AF legit? It is hard to say: "Hi, you have nice figure, but illegal. What about make it legal, you can sell it everywhere, change DAEDD to DREDD and we want 30% of profit." This is not the best solution? Will this AF denied? Or right owner will denied, because this is bootleg company?

What would be even better for all concered is if the licence holder said "pay us 1% and you can sell THIS figure" then it wouldn't affect the price we pay by much the licencee would still be getting money they would not have been getting otherwise and evryone could be happy...alas business people seldom do anything thats vaugely in anyones interests but thier own, so very unlikely to happen.

This will renew my faith in communism if it gets made. :exactly:

:slap :cuckoo: Yeah, you are from England, not from post-communism country;)

What would be even better for all concered is if the licence holder said "pay us 1% and you can sell THIS figure" then it wouldn't affect the price we pay by much the licencee would still be getting money they would not have been getting otherwise and evryone could be happy...alas business people seldom do anything thats vaugely in anyones interests but thier own, so very unlikely to happen.
Yeah, lower % is better for us =D But I'm realist =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back