Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes wont be a problem providing they're not drastic. Although extremely unlikely it would be hilarious if we all received these after paying and it was a totally different figure. :lol

:yess: Great news, I bash so many figures, it will just seem like second nature to get this in separate parts. Cant wait to build my Dredd.

With the June release date remaining the same they can't be doing anything drastic to the figure.

The badge will probably be a separate item hidden somewhere in the box!

Who sent the email?

The Art Figure statements probably mean the following:

"1st for the packaging: There will not be any controversial words that might attempt knowledge infringement"

*Retail packaging will not include the word 'Dredd' or any other 2000AD copyright identifier, nor will any picture of the figure on the packaging.. I would suggest this is an indication that the Dredd name badge may be verboten (see 3rd point)
-----

"2nd figure will be packed as parts"

* Its sooo not a 1/6th (or whatever scale) Figure .. its a 'model'.. you have to assemble it.. therefore this 'model' does not infringe any previous licenses negotiated with other commercial partners for 'figures'.
-----

" 3rd the figure does not require having a license as it will not be exactly portraying the movie or the novel. "'

* This is an extremely tricksy clause.. 'exactly' is the key word.. Imho, I think you are unlikely to get a Dredd name badge because of this and the first point.. and they may make some other easily identifiable change / changes, so that there are noticeable inaccuracies with the film costume.. for example they could simply leave the name badge out and change the color of the uniform.. job done

Edit -
The iconic Helmet might be a challenge tho... that's what she said

What about the helmet, wonder any changes need to made there, as it is one of the most iconic parts of this figure.

The Art Figure statements probably mean the following:

"1st for the packaging: There will not be any controversial words that might attempt knowledge infringement"

*Retail packaging will not include the word 'Dredd' or any other 2000AD copyright identifier, nor will any picture of the figure on the packaging.. I would suggest this is an indication that the Dredd name badge may be verboten (see 3rd point)
-----

"2nd figure will be packed as parts"

* Its sooo not a 1/6th (or whatever scale) Figure .. its a 'model'.. you have to assemble it.. therefore this 'model' does not infringe any previous licenses negotiated with other commercial partners for 'figures'.
-----

" 3rd the figure does not require having a license as it will not be exactly portraying the movie or the novel. "'

* This is an extremely tricksy clause.. 'exactly' is the key word.. Imho, I think you are unlikely to get a Dredd name badge because of this and the first point.. and they may make some other easily identifiable change / changes, so that there are noticeable inaccuracies with the film costume.. for example they could simply leave the name badge out and change the color of the uniform.. job done

Edit -
The iconic Helmet might be a challenge tho... that's what she said

Empir3 said the email described slight adjustments.

This close to release it wouldn't be feasible for them to make big changes such as resculpting the helmet or changing the colour of the suit. The badge already reads 'DAEDD' so that base is already covered. :wink1:

I don't think we have to worry about it. I think if this indeed is going through then we will get basically what has already been shown. They can't change that much and still have it out by June. I think the badge is the only thing that may be further altered like someone suggested.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It will be like the early HT stuff, that came in pieces and you had to assemble it.
This will come as a nude figure and a separately packed clothing kit.
So they are not selling a figure. They are selling a kit.
Hey presto, lol.

I don't think we have to worry about it. I think if this indeed is going through then we will get basically what has already been shown. They can't change that much and still have it out by June. I think the badge is the only thing that may be further altered like someone suggested.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just hope places that kept orders are still getting em!

Obvious differences:
Boot design. Buckles nothing like the film props
Elbow pads and knee pads incorrect color
Utility belt does not posess all film accurate accesories
Also believe the ammo clip design is not quite accurate.
Neck harness is close but different.
Fabric of pants. Film was suede and leather. Not full leather.
-I have to get a closer look at his holster as well. Not sure about that.

Just saying. There is enough differences already. That and the name badge being incorrect should be enough.

Last edited:
Obvious differences:
Boot design. Buckles nothing like the film props
Elbow pads and knee pads incorrect color
Utility belt does not posess all film accurate accesories
Also believe the ammo clip design is not quite accurate.
Neck harness is close but different.
Fabric of pants. Film was suede and leather. Not full leather.
-I have to get a closer look at his holster as well. Not sure about that.

Just saying. There is enough differences already. That and the name bade being incorrect should be enough.

And there you go.

All the defence AF need to get this out the door.

As long as he still looks a cool as *u*k

3013320-5379368257-judge.jpg

:exactly:

It's impossible to change any of the molds at this late stage, so changes could be limited to small parts being separate or a different color. To use the helmet as an example (being the most recognizable part) the center badge could be left off (requiring attachment by the buyer) or the red trim not being painted, but left black. These would alter the appearance of it dramatically, but requires only a little effort to put right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back