Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Empir3 said the email described slight adjustments.

This close to release it wouldn't be feasible for them to make big changes such as resculpting the helmet or changing the colour of the suit. The badge already reads 'DAEDD' so that base is already covered. :wink1:

Packaging is easy.. ship in a plain box.
The Badge is a hazy area, it is a different font lettering to the badge in the film but can still be read as DREDD just with a block cut representation of the letter R (I had to double check with the photo after your comment).. fair point about the color of the suit.. I think the helmet is the really difficult item to avoid a copyright over, I had a quick compare between pics of Urban's Dredd and the figure, have to say the helmet looks pretty spot on.

Give it up guys. Got word from a very reliable source (someone that works for AF) that it WILL be cancelled from Art Figures as soon as this week. So, Chinese, Russian, American, Amish vendors will not get it if its cancelled. Unless they work out a deal where someone can get some $$$$, then its a no go.

PEOPLE! WAKE UP! It's NOT gonna happen! Not by Chinese, Ebay, Jesus, or anyone! You can get your hopes up all you want. These Chinese vendors can keep it up for preorder all they want. It doesn't make a bit of difference. 2000AD is NOT, I repeat NOT gonna let some bootleg knockoff get sold for $150 without their approval. It's just NOT gonna happen. If they made one themselves, the thing would be around $250 plus. Unless, the higher ups strike a deal this week...it will be cancelled. The only deal there will be is for Art Figures to pay, and I mean PAY them to use this. If AF has some way of releasing this....they will be sued beyond belief. There has already been a cease and desist order served. So....anyone who has high hopes and dreams of this happening.....forget about it.

[video=youtube;0HL-N9oOjcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0HL-N9oOjcs[/video]

:rock

It'll come with the DAEDD badge separate, and as standard will have a "FREDD" badge, lol.

That would actually be good! :lol

images

But hold your horses...

AF are going to get complaints from a guitarist!

demo_esp_kh-dc_judge_fredd.jpg

:thud:

I could live with the DEADD badge but if your nearest and dearest can make accurate ones shells075, then count me in yo!

Obvious differences:
Boot design. Buckles nothing like the film props
Elbow pads and knee pads incorrect color
Utility belt does not posess all film accurate accesories
Also believe the ammo clip design is not quite accurate.
Neck harness is close but different.
Fabric of pants. Film was suede and leather. Not full leather.
-I have to get a closer look at his holster as well. Not sure about that.

Just saying. There is enough differences already. That and the name badge being incorrect should be enough.

There's another one that somebody pointed out a while ago:

There are indentations on the right hand armour chest panel which match those on the panel bearing the badge. The panel should be smooth.

Obvious differences:
Boot design. Buckles nothing like the film props
Elbow pads and knee pads incorrect color
Utility belt does not posess all film accurate accesories
Also believe the ammo clip design is not quite accurate.
Neck harness is close but different.
Fabric of pants. Film was suede and leather. Not full leather.
-I have to get a closer look at his holster as well. Not sure about that.

Just saying. There is enough differences already. That and the name badge being incorrect should be enough.

The first time in the history of this board that a group of nerds nitpick the screen inaccuracies of a figure and reckon it all good :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back