Army In The Shadows **Dec 24th** Page 3 Continues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3680's - Army In The Shadows

Orangepeace & Anyone Who Is Interested,

I am not taking any pics with my computer. I have a Sony Nex-5 that we bought last year. The figures are posed in front of a blue paper such as the one in my "continues soon" slide. Then I load the photos into the computer and edit them with Pixelmator. I edit out the blue paper. I draw, blur, cut and/ or paste photos from my family album along with internet pics to achieve what you see. It is very much like a collage but there is a lot of changing colors to get things to blend better. Example: the down hill background where you see the back of the bikes is 5 different pictures. 1) foreground snow blurred 2) mountain with snow 3) forest 4) sky 5) planet.

I think the camera Orangepeace mentions in my other post would be a dream. I like the Sony but would much rather have a Canon or Nikon. The reason we chose this Sony is that it is smaller and lighter. I had no idea I would be doing this stuff and we were more concerned with weight as we are chasing our kids and carrying their stuff everywhere.

Just learned how to do a feature on Pixelmator. This new feature will effect future slides so I have to change some photos. I will be at the computer most of tonight so I can get the next set out tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for reading

This is beginning to look very awesome! On your the note of your post, Canon's are bad if you buy a cheap version... I have a Canon A1000 IS AA Battery powered and it sucks... but atm all I have. Keep getting major film grain and the power lasts for one hour, half a hour if ya use flash... Like I said, don't buy a Wal*Mart special Canon. You want real Camera go to Wolf. No offence on ya Wal*Mart buyers who have successful camera buy and no problems. Now back to this:

6behindyouwextracc_zps2e1ebc21.jpg

^This pic really strained my eyes for some reason, like too much detail. I like how ya blur your characters, but feel maybe Neyo blurred would have focused the pic better. However, maybe Savage; it depends on which looks and feels better. Though I find it all top notch and hope to see more. :D

Also could ya explain more about pixelmator? I noticed the blue screen behind your figs, but was wondering how ya would fix that if ya decided to put a 501st Troop in the mix which would require a green screen and if that software does both green/blue screens.

Re: Army In The Shadows Cont.. Page 2

Orangepeace,
1) You make a good point. It is very true - You get what you pay for. On that note there are a lot of very expensive cameras that have functions you are paying for and will never use.

2) That picture was a bit tricky. I originally had Neyo blurred more but it looked to weirded. Then I had him crisp and that looked bad too. I settled on the one you saw. I'll try to post the others later so you can see and vote. I think what I should have done was keep Neyo in focus and blur the background. But there are lots of pictures and doing the same thing gets boring so I tried to mix it up. I enjoy the computer aspect just the same as all the other aspects.

- Thanks for the input. It is well received and appreciated. This is how we can make future pics better.

3) Pixelmator is basically photoshop for Apples. It is specifically made for Macs and as far as I know will not run on a PC. It is very very similar to Photoshop. I do not know how they managed that without legal battles. The programs are so similar that I can follow photoshop instructions and download/use photoshop brushes, gradients etc. I do not think it is better and I do not think it is worse. It is simply made to be more harmonious with the Mac OS. I have used photoshop in the past - although it was in 2007. I got pixelmator this past Father's Day 2012 on sale. (very cheap). Photoshop can be very expensive. I feel as though I have something equal to photoshop but without the huge investment. I will stick with this. I am happy.

I am not an expert. Someone else on the forum may want to chime in if I mischaracterized something. I do like photoshop. My choice for pixelmator was based on cost and convenience at the time.

4) Blue/ Green Screens. You are correct with your observation. If I was to photograph a blue 501st then I would chose a different color background. I'm hoping to get some money for a proper screen. paper has some reflection. A felt or other material wouldn't be reflective onto your subject. I overcame this reflectivity in future shots by placing white paper at the base of the figure and keeping him as far away from the back paper as possible.

Well I hope I answered Ok. Ask more if ya got 'em.

Muslin is the material you want, that's the stuff that's actually used in most cases of a portable screen or any material item needed to key out...stationary walls usually have a special chroma key paint (i am an indie-Filmmaker and work on the crew of a very popular and long running live comedy show on a major network that will remain unnamed)

Muslin is the material you want, that's the stuff that's actually used in most cases of a portable screen or any material item needed to key out...stationary walls usually have a special chroma key paint (i am an indie-Filmmaker and work on the crew of a very popular and long running live comedy show on a major network that will remain unnamed)

Yes. Thanks JohnEl. I didn't write the correct term. I have found lighting and muslin packages on eBay. Hopefully i will buy with holiday money. Seems like a good deal. That is what I want.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

ebay might not be the best source, try here https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Shooting-Tents-Domes/ci/11098/N/4294550801

im partial to b&h because I can stop in and pick things up there myself, but be prepared the store is run by hasidic jews so even the website ordering follows the work regulations of their religion(for example certain days or holidays it wouldn't accept new orders)

That is ok Brinn. That was good times right there. Is that your site? Awesome funny and I highly recommend.

Yes it is, and THANKS for your kind words! LIKE us on Facebook so when we update with new material you will know.
:duff

Is that Savage Opress in 1/6? Need to see more pic's of him if it is.

Wasn't ignoring... I was just thinking about the best way to answer. That is a SS Darth Maul in 1/6th.

Re: Army In The Shadows **Dec 24th** Continues

o_O Awesome!!! Lack of words for the pure work of art and brilliance!!!

Thanks guys,
I wasn't done quite done yet. Outlander, that was a ss maul with gi joe zartan armor. I have a pic or two of him on my other thread with photo shopped longer horns. The yellow is photo shopped as are the longer horns. I didn't make his horns longer in this story because this is not savage and it takes me too long to do.

Very cool, are you computer coloring Maul's face or did you paint it to look like his brother?

Just SUPERB work!! Really enjoyed it. Well done.

Thank you. That really means a lot to me. I am enjoying it and if other people do too then I am just as happy as can be. Truly, thank you.

Niltusk, I am coloring it on the computer after the photo is taken. I made it yellow because I wanted something different then maul. Yellow and red are the only colors to chose from according to their species (I think). This was never supposed to be savage.

Did I answer the questions or did I miss understand?

Back