Statue Arkham City Batman DC Collectibles Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks great to hear ! I passed on the BAC ones because of poor paint and Im not crazy about the B&W ! Ill have Bats on Tuesday for only $82 shipped was that pretty good price ? gonna shop the others and I hope we get many more like Batgirl and scarecrow

I believe they all have the switch out parts. I bought two because I wanted to display both the Red Hood and Arkham Knight. The paint apps are both very very good. I think the piece is a home run for sure

Thanks again Im pretty excited for these after reading Genesis comics as it fills in the backstory for the AK so much better than the game does and I got tired of bidding on feebay as it was actually more there than I paid at BadA$$ collectibles which was $198 free ship for RED Hood and AK.
I hope I get good ones ! knock on wood

Quick Impressions :
Well I got the BAK Batman today and RH and AK are coming next Tuesday and I couldnt be happier as the sculpture subject is good, paint work is flawless and I love the cape and photos dont do the statue justice . Some said the head is a tad small but it seems in scale to me when you look at all the others including prime 1 where the feet look big compared to the head.

I hope they announce a Batgirl and Scarecrow soon :impatient: and at $90 a piece its a steal and a great alternative to the prime 1 studio ones which I also like but even if I wanted to pay a $1000 a piece there just to big at 3 ft tall so its DC Collectibles for me.

Okay so I was looking to add the original Batman from this line to my collection but people seemed to be asking a bit more than I was willing to pay, luckily, I grabbed a broken one for dirt cheap on ebay. So Here's my dilemma: I of course am going to strip the paint off and repair this statue but I can repaint it any way I want. Now I can simply restore it to it's original paint....or, I can make it full color...partial color besides the blood or even just up the paint past the level of DC Collectibles factory job. Since I have some options I figured I'd get opinions.

So what do you guys think I should do?

Do you have more from this line? If not I'd go fully colored. I like the grayscale with the touch of color this line has, but I do think fully colored would have make them look even better.

Edit:

Wanted to share my repaint I recently finished of the Arkham City Batman.

This is how he came:
5368f54c-1d61-4e84-8f35-4b093aaa73ce.jpg

And this after the repaint:
BatACrepaintWeb1.jpg

BatACrepaintWeb2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, I'd definitely go this route.

I've seen someone do a color version of this piece on FB I think. Looks great.

Do you have more from this line? If not I'd go fully colored. I like the grayscale with the touch of color this line has, but I do think fully colored would have make them look even better.

Edit:

Yeah, I'd definitely go this route.

Yeah I think I'm leaning that way. The only other one I have is the Armored Color Variant so it would go well if I did a full color repaint.

Im glad the Arkham Knight line is fully colored, stay way from most for the AC statue because I wasn't a fan of the BW. You can see in the background I also painted the Arkham Asylum and Origins Little BW statues as well.
Oh when you reattach the cape, probably have to create a strong support as well. When my Batman came, it still had the metal wire sticking out so I attached the cape to that, thinking it was enough. Unfortunately the cape has since started to show hairline crack now where I glued and puttied it.

Any word on any more upcoming statues? A friend of mine recently got the Arkham Knight and Red Hood statues, both of which look amazing. So now I'm tempted to get on this line, too, and grab myself Freeze before he sells out everywhere. I generally prefer the colour versions, but I think Freeze just about pulls off the grey scheme.

If they were going to make any more in this line DC probably would have announced them by now. It's a shame they didn't at least do a Scarecrow before calling it quits.

Well, I finally got Bats back, with a perfectly repaired cape thanks to my extremely talented brother. He threw in the Joker too :)
That some great work! Was the catwoman also painted by your brother, or was that the gamestop pre painted one?

Back