Statue Arhian Head Huntress - ARH Studios 1:4 An ARH Original Statue-NSFW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies.

I'm having a hard time reconciling shipping costs that are almost 20% of the item price. :(

And that is with SS discount that they get from fedx.ARH doesn't get those discounts

Maybe you haven't heard yet but FedEx & UPS are using a new calculation method to determine shipping cost. It's called "Dimensional Weight" where they go by the size of the box and not its weight, on "oversized" boxes. They even use a new International Dimensional Weight.

Maybe they should look to the USPS as they don't use this new "Dimensional Weight" method.

Here's an example DC Comics Catwoman Maquette Diorama by Tweeterhead | Sideshow Collectibles

Note the new International DW (24lb.) for this Catwoman figure. Just the other day she had a USA, 14lb DW, now its back down to 8lb. I wonder if SSC is covering the difference in the USA, for now?

Maybe you haven't heard yet but FedEx & UPS are using a new calculation method to determine shipping cost. It's called "Dimensional Weight" where they go by the size of the box and not its weight, on "oversized" boxes. They even use a new International Dimensional Weight.

Maybe they should look to the USPS as they don't use this new "Dimensional Weight" method.

Here's an example DC Comics Catwoman Maquette Diorama by Tweeterhead | Sideshow Collectibles

Note the new International DW (24lb.) for this Catwoman figure. Just the other day she had a USA, 14lb DW, now its back down to 8lb. I wonder if SSC is covering the difference in the USA, for now?
Everyone uses DIM weight for certain sizes, nothing new there, been doing that for many years. UPS/FedEx just recently expanded it to cover a lot of extra packages like I said before.

OK so Honest answer is simply shipping volume. The big retailers ship huge amounts of statues so they are offered a discount. Supply and demand basically. ARH is working on a new website and we will try to be more precise with shipping costs.

I was very interested in buying this statue until I nearly had a heart attack seeing the shipping cost, its not very viable for international buyers. And I thought sideshow's 100USD shipping was bad.

Statue: 350USD
Shipping to Australia: 185USD

So is this on schedule to ship?

It was slated for 2nd quarter 2015, ....so it should be right around the corner. Barring any delays, of course.

I was very interested in buying this statue until I nearly had a heart attack seeing the shipping cost, its not very viable for international buyers. And I thought sideshow's 100USD shipping was bad.

Statue: 350USD
Shipping to Australia: 185USD

Don't you have to pay extra tax on top of that also on the high shipping price?

Back