ARH Studios two new licenses Frank Frazetta and Tarzan 1/4 scale statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything it wanted :lol

@ averone. Will the bronze items be 1/4 scale? And how will you decide on what to cast?
I know it's still early, just trying to forecast the rest of the year.

This thread just reeks of "careful what you wish for." I still think 1/4 scale bronze will be very expensive and bronze isn't a big seller anyway. CS More has been selling his Barbarian bronzes for years now and is about half through the run from what I recall. BUT, at this size these should be very limited runs, like 10-15 pieces I would imagine.

This thread just reeks of "careful what you wish for." I still think 1/4 scale bronze will be very expensive and bronze isn't a big seller anyway. CS More has been selling his Barbarian bronzes for years now and is about half through the run from what I recall. BUT, at this size these should be very limited runs, like 10-15 pieces I would imagine.

At this point I'd rather get one or two really great pieces a year. Already know bronze will be expensive but hopefully not overly so.. time will tell. I've been considering a bronze piece for a while and something based on Frazettas art would be great, as long as its the "right" one.
Polystone is great, bronze is bronze.

this will be a rich man's game soon...or is it debit man... a bronze would be amazing...made in America too...very very expensive no doubt...over $6k easily for a 1/4 Barbarian...god forbid the cost of Indomitable or Destroyer or some of the other extra figure sized pieces...but damnit they will be absolutely beautiful...and anyone who denies that no matter what the cost will go in my ignore list...bronze is the premium...end of story

Will you guys go for half scale ^^ :)
Never hurt to ask ;)

Speaking for myself, probably not. I'd rather spend the $ on a well put together 1/4 scale piece.
At half the price and size is prohibitive and is better spent ($ and space) on my car.

That being said, unless I see something really worthwhile by June I'll commit a large chunk of change to other things.
So bring it on ave..... :)

Re: ARH Studios two new licenses Frank Frazetta 1/4 exclusive license and Tarzan 1/4

YIPPY Frazetta
is it to early to post a I will take it ?
Its with great pleasure to announce two of our new licenses.

The licenses are Tarzan (and Jane) and Frank Frazetta in full majestic 1/4!

We have already Troy working on a Tarzan fighting a gigantic crocodile diorama. Ehren Biennert sculpting Frazetta's Indomitable. Both will be ready in time for San Diego Con.

Also we will have Troy sculpting Frazetta's Atlantis and Ehren sculpting Frazetta's Queen of Egypt in time for New York Con in October.

Here are at least 4 of the sculpts from Frazetta that will be made by ARH Studios Inc. - unlike the last few sculpts from us, these will be true to the art and very accurate to the artwork.

Indomitable is now WIP all in 1/4!

Death Dealer in 1/4!

Atlantis in 1/4!

Queen of Egypt in 1/4!

The idea behind those two new licenses, especially Frazetta is to produce museum quality works. All the pieces will be in 1/4th scale, and during all my negotiations with Frazetta’s family, there was one point that was very clear since the beginning for all of us.
We want to represent Frazetta’s work in the most meaningful and faithful way possible. It means we will not be taking any “creative license” with the paintings, and we will not be “interpreting” it either. Our sculptures will be exactly like a 3D image of the paintings, so if for instance Frazetta didn’t paint the tiger’s legs with much definition, we won’t do it for him! It will be a rough sculpture in the areas that Frazetta left it rough.
Also, we will be producing relief sculptures of Frazetta’s paintings, so we will have not only the statue but a “wall sculpture” like a painting but with relief that you can hang on the wall. All the relief sculptures will have the same measurements of the original paintings, so it will be very close to have the real painting on your wall!

Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

Will you guys go for half scale ^^ :)
Never hurt to ask ;)

Get one or two AWESOME PRODUCTION pieces out into hands and you may be surprised how many folks will be willing to make those kind of donations for some of the most epic pieces.

There has been so much talk of epic scale and awesome sculptors for these but what about the paint?

Bringing things like these into reality will depend as much on the paint (and a factory's ability to reproduce it) as much as the sculpts.

Get one or two AWESOME PRODUCTION pieces out into hands and you may be surprised how many folks will be willing to make those kind of donations for some of the most epic pieces.

There has been so much talk of epic scale and awesome sculptors for these but what about the paint?

Bringing things like these into reality will depend as much on the paint (and a factory's ability to reproduce it) as much as the sculpts.

Yes your right
We are going back to the same painter who painted our Medusa. We are also hiring a few new painters to the job.
The factory is very good. Here are some examples of the factory paint. Very confident they will match the paint to the sculpt. We are not using a new factory, we have been with them for a few years, same group of painters too.

Curious about the Frazetta museum tease. This is a complex situation now with Robert Rodriguez showing some key pieces (like Death Dealer) in a small show in Austin but Frank Jr. also reopening the Pa. museum I think. Bu I don't know who owns what anymore. I assume RR has the pieces on loan but he is selling giclees of them as well, which would seem to clash with what the museum would want to do.

Back