ARH Studios two new licenses Frank Frazetta and Tarzan 1/4 scale statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally hyped for this also. Never thought we would see this license again. This has the potential to be epic enough to have many of us reassessing our collections. I just want the first phase sales to really be successful for ARH to ensure that the license will continue and we get plenty to choose from. They have the talent on board and there is no question about the art so I am looking forward to some special pieces. I won't be able to resist anything Frazetta Conan so I will be doing my part on Barbarian and Indomitable..
Damn good times for Frazetta fans in general.

yes yes....very noble of you to take one for the team on The Barbarian and Indomitable to ensure the lines survival :D

Would that be real bronze or the faux bronze they did with Leonidas? For the huge conan dioramas i choose to pick up just one. And my decision between Indomitable and Destroyer.
Destroyer wins all the way. Space and price played a big factor and that also destroyer i find is the best of the two. But i might change my mind.

Well their new website supposedly has payment plans :D :D
....but nah if it was 10K I'd have to pass ..... but in the 2-4K range somewhere ..... hmmm.... it would be the centrepiece to end all discussion of 'best centrepiece', wouldn't it ! :D

It's good news that ARH going to have payment plans.....but for me the killer has always been the huge deposit amount...I hope deposit amounts are less in the future :gah:

The industry standard for pricing bronzes seems to be as follows: if there is a polystone statue of the same sculpt and size then double the retail price and add a 0; or just add a 0 if the statue is already highly priced 0. In other words a 200 dollar statue is a 4000 dollar bronze. If the statue is coming in at 700 then the bronze under the best case scenario can't be less than 7k

Last edited:
Would that be real bronze or the faux bronze they did with Leonidas? For the huge conan dioramas i choose to pick up just one. And my decision between Indomitable and Destroyer.
Destroyer wins all the way. Space and price played a big factor and that also destroyer i find is the best of the two. But i might change my mind.

I have to say that it is Destroyer that I am looking forward to most.

Good times for Frazetta fans are coming. I'm a big Frazetta fan since day one and ARH's announcment has made me rethink which way my collection will have to go. I won't argue about price, that's for sure. I'm not a rich guy, but I will have to buy every single statue of a painting I like (and I like a lot of Frazetta's work) The solution will be plain and simple: I will have to sell a lot of my current stuff and under no circumstance will I allow myself to order new stuff anymore (at least if it's not very very cool stuff like the upcoming Reaper cinemaquette...but that's another topic)
It is definitely a little bit too early to ask about price...of course speculation is the name of the game in a forum but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to count 1 and 1 together: 1;4 Deathdealer on his 1;4 steed for example will be way over US$ 500.- that's for sure !
The only downfall for me is the aspect of creativity and innovativity: I think it is a little bit lame to bring out statues, which already have been made by other artists (speaking of "deathdealer" and "the barbarian). If I would be an sculptour, I definitely wouldn't be satisfied to "copy-cat" somebody elses work, which has been done years ago. ARH is young and fresh company, so why not start first with the fresh statues/dioramas and make an impact ?

Good times for Frazetta fans are coming. I'm a big Frazetta fan since day one and ARH's announcment has made me rethink which way my collection will have to go. I won't argue about price, that's for sure. I'm not a rich guy, but I will have to buy every single statue of a painting I like (and I like a lot of Frazetta's work) The solution will be plain and simple: I will have to sell a lot of my current stuff and under no circumstance will I allow myself to order new stuff anymore (at least if it's not very very cool stuff like the upcoming Reaper cinemaquette...but that's another topic)
It is definitely a little bit too early to ask about price...of course speculation is the name of the game in a forum but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to count 1 and 1 together: 1;4 Deathdealer on his 1;4 steed for example will be way over US$ 500.- that's for sure !
The only downfall for me is the aspect of creativity: I think it is a little bit lame to bring out statues, which already have been made by other artists (speaking of "deathdealer" and "the barbarian). If I would be an sculptour, I definitely wouldn't be satisfied to "copy-cat" somebody elses work, which has been done years ago. ARH is young and fresh company, so why not start first with the fresh statues/dioramas and make an impact ?

Just like you I will find it hard to resist my favorite Frazetta art in statue form so I can see myself relinquishing many of my current pieces to accommodate what I decide to get. There are so many great Frazetta paintings but at this moment my interest is focused on the Conan pieces, especially the dios which will be a challenge where space is concerned but I will do what needs to be done to make room for them.

I see your point about the statues that have been done in smaller scale before but ARH had no choice as the Frazetta family chose the first phase art to be produced. I doubt I will be able to pass on the 1/4 Barbarian even though I have the Moore statue with a custom paint up and we will still have some fresh statues with Indomitable and Atlantis in the first phase.

As far as whoever ends up sculpting DD and Barbarian being satisfied with doing a piece that has been done in a smaller scale, my guess is that having a Frazetta sculpt on the resume will offset that and they will probably get to do something fresh in the next phase.

Not sure how they will pull off the dark/shaded areas from the paintings if they don't have the liberty to create "something".

There are two factors that will change your mind when you see what we are about to do. As magnificent those sculpts are now in 1:6, you will be pleasantly surprised to see them in 1:4. The first thing you will see of course is the presence they will have in a bigger size. The details will show more, the things maybe missed like the girls feet on the Barbarian will be there now. Second, is the style will be closer to the real painting.

It seems that with all the sculpts coming you will see a few that have never been done. Hope to have at least 4-5 Frazetta by NYCC time ready for the show.
Atlantis, and Indomitable will be ready too, so we are producing new sculpts. You will see, be patient we will show you progress pics as soon as we have them guys.

As far as the high NRD, Im sorry if it seems more than the normal %, for the Full Bronze they are pretty much made to order so this demands it. I assume they are for a very small market and not big sellers for the masses.

Averone
Will the bronzes be made at a foundry here in the US or on China? Also, you are sort of saying two different things. First, you are saying that in a larger scale you can add the girl's feet onto the Conan piece AND you are saying that you are sticking to the paintings BUT that painting does not show the girl's feet???

Averone
Will the bronzes be made at a foundry here in the US or on China? Also, you are sort of saying two different things. First, you are saying that in a larger scale you can add the girl's feet onto the Conan piece AND you are saying that you are sticking to the paintings BUT that painting does not show the girl's feet???

Bronzes will be made in US
Let me clarify this, as its a good question. Arahom will tell us what the Frazetta licensee wants. I am forwarding this to him to answer.

Tony Cipriano, one of the beast female sculptors around is now doing ARH Studios official Frazetta Huntress! (The Frazetta girl with the two Saber-Tooth cats)
The man who sculpts the most beautiful Sideshow female statues and has a ton of other fantastic sculptures in well over 20 years of a successful career as one of the most renowned sculptors in the biz is now working with us on Frazetta!

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
That's going to be 1/4 scale with the Saber-tooth tigers? Is Death Dealer going to be 1/4 scale on the horse? Are all the new statues going to be fully sculpted?

That's going to be 1/4 scale with the Saber-tooth tigers? Is Death Dealer going to be 1/4 scale on the horse? Are all the new statues going to be fully sculpted?

All 1:4 yes, fully sculpted yet more true to the art this time.
You will see soon, Frazetta family will approve the work to be done.

Ok so lets recap so far and give you what we think will happen.

Ehren will reach the stardom status after this line! He has a hunger and he is motivated. Most of you guys don’t know, but he is responsible for many of those fantastic life-like Tod McFarlane’s toys.

Ehren has some of the best qualities to work in this line, and it is not for nothing I put him in charge of the top three paintings, Barbarian, Death Dealer and Indomitable.

Troy McDevitt will do Atlantis, Shiflett Bros the Monster out of Time, and Tony the Huntress. We still have to decide about Queen of Egypt.

Last edited:
Ok so lets recap so far and give you what we think will happen.

Ehren will reach the stardom status after this line! He has a hunger and he is motivated. Most of you guys don’t know, but he is the responsible for many of those fantastic life-like Tod McFarlane’s toys.

Ehren has some of the best qualities to work in this line, and it is not for nothing I put him in charge of the top three paintings, Barbarian, Death Dealer and Indomitable.

Troy McDevitt will do Atlantis, Shiflett Bros the Monster out of Time, and Tony the Huntress. We still have to decide about Queen of Egypt.

Great, so Troy is doing Atlantis and Tarzan.
This all sounds like it has lots of potential. :)

How will you decide on what you're going to cast in bronze?

Last edited:
Back