Statue ARH Minotaurus 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened my Minotaurus up today and I've got to say he's one beast of a statue. Unfortunately, it has a few issues: there's a small paint chip of his shorts, (which I can live with) but the bigger problems are a big black paint glob on the base and the pillar not fitting on the peg. It looks like the peg on the base is about a half inch too long for the hole in the pillar.:gah:

The base where the pillar sits is like in a slight angle so the pillar will never sit flat. That's how it is on mine anyways.

mine is pretty flat. I am quite impressed with this piece. My first ARH statue, but definatley not my last. I would strongly recommend it to any one, especially given the small edition size and the low price (comparatively speaking).

The base where the pillar sits is like in a slight angle so the pillar will never sit flat. That's how it is on mine anyways.

No, my pillar is floating a good half inch over the base, it looks ridiculous. Someone must have put the peg in incorrectly.

well the only thing is to slowly drill the hole deeper so the peg could go all the way in.

well the only thing is to slowly drill the hole deeper so the peg could go all the way in.

I think I'll try to get a replacement. I shouln't have to fix the factories mistakes, plus there's a quarter size glob of black paint that appears to have been spilt of the bass.

hey, while trying not to seem like a creep....lol.....could someone please post a pic of the view under him? (loincloth) i just wanted to know if it was a blank sculpt (like you now......just blending of legs) or if the cloth went all the way around. thanks.

I won't post the photo, but you can kind of see his sack. It's flesh-toned under there anyway...

I won't post the photo, but you can kind of see his sack. It's flesh-toned under there anyway...

oh ok.....LMFAO.......i actually think someone posted that pic a few pages back.....now that you said it...lol. thanks. i was just wondering caused i loved the repainted ones i saw, but the underside was the other color, just wondering. thanks. i totally am gonna try and get him.

Ok finally opened this beast today. Very impressed with its size and overall quality. Skin tones are fantastic, same with the transition from animal head to human skin. I think it lacks some gloss in the mouth area, eye and wounds. But other than that, the statue is very impressive.

Oh an one thing I have to make note of that annoyed me to no end is the SUPER CHEAP styro ARH uses. I'm not kidding this stuff made a mess everywhere. The statue was literally covered in small syro balls that took forever to remove. Just pulling the styro box out of the brown shipper was a task in a half. Everywhere you grabbed the styro it would break apart in your hands. Just horrible. I really hope in the future ARH uses more quality stuff.

Anyway, now, pics!

159C9465-A531-4570-B844-933119772B43_zpsc1o80yyn.jpg

ABB715B4-E802-4073-93CF-1C0A7ACD8060_zpsaj6g7z0b.jpg

13070F00-BCBA-4635-B52B-734E5E5C0537_zpszgkmcuyc.jpg

8361F855-DB37-406F-AC16-CBA068DA02BC_zpsdlb4rx9r.jpg

D75D3C45-AFDA-4701-9D5B-8D7C6F60DEEC_zpskrocr9aa.jpg

D8C8481E-6CC2-4B7C-87C8-A30E648882C1_zpsfnprnufq.jpg

90332685-4B7F-4493-B2CA-10E060D71AEC_zpst9mlixin.jpg

6669887C-556A-448C-8D04-6ED68CFD7E17_zpscdnprvwo.jpg

F6A49B92-4D00-490C-80A6-44839290FB45_zpsqoedbohv.jpg

FC20F427-39D8-4226-9138-ED3D7B3DF880_zpsevf5hv9e.jpg

Chris

Review up

Chris

Congrats Chris, thanks for the review

About the packing once we hit the 500 sale mark we get to use digital design stryo but since we made less than the ES of 300 we had no choice but to use the styro again. We are experimenting with new type of foam to ship these, however some are too big and too heavy.

Question for you, would you like to see an option for LOW ES, and premium shipping we can charge for?
So lets say, this statue with the same price but you pay like $50 more and get the super design and colored box and the hard styro? Let call it the Premium Mino came this way, how many do you think would be happy paying this? Would you consider it? I have asked, most are telling us they rather save the money as they just store theses boxes.

Your asking a guy with a Lamborghini if he'd be ok paying $50 more for premium Styrofoam/packaging???

The minotaur looks good. I'd like one with my Medusa at some point.

Back