Statue ARH Minotaurus 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snadinator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got mine.

First impressions. Once again ARH uses the worst quality foam possible. This makes for absolutely terrible packaging. Because of this, my minotaurus has a broken horn. I will have to contact SSC in a bit but this is on ARH. They told us the days of that crumbly **** foam were over. I swear that better not be used on the Frazetta stuff.

No art on the packaging. Just brown boxes. That doesn't bother me but it may for some.

The club hand doesn't seem secure. It attaches to the arm with a short peg and magnetism but it seems weak. The club is heavy and i have doubts it will hold.

The good

it is huge. The base is way bigger than i thought. The paint job is very good. The details on the muscles pop. Plenty of highlights and shading. Will look great next to Medusa.

20141009_130120.jpg

20141009_130130.jpg

20141009_130136.jpg

You sure one of your birds didn't snap that horn off...Lol. what kind of birds do you have as I can't tell from the pics. I used to have a Greenwing Macaw, African Grey, an Umbrella Cockatoo, and a Sun Conure. Wife developed allergies so they had to go.

Thanks for the pics Snad. Dang, sorry that yours broke, but you're right it does look really good. Yeah that foam they've been using absolutely sucks a$$...I think Alex mentioned some time back for all upcoming pieces they are upgrading to that better foam...

Hope SS fixes you up asap...

You sure one of your birds didn't snap that horn off...Lol. what kind of birds do you have as I can't tell from the pics. I used to have a Greenwing Macaw, African Grey, an Umbrella Cockatoo, and a Sun Conure. Wife developed allergies so they had to go.

My wife is a parrot freak haha.

We have a blue and gold macaw
a male and female elektus
3 amazons
1 african grey
bear eye cockatoo
2 senegal youyous

sorry again about the damage.

This thing really pops and is a bargain compared to the price of other 1/4 scale statues.

hope you get a speedy replacement.

sorry again about the damage.

This thing really pops and is a bargain compared to the price of other 1/4 scale statues.

hope you get a speedy replacement.

The statue itself is quality. No doubt. Heavy and great paint app.

Awesome photos Snad! :clap

He looks killer.

The cheap, crumbly foam is disappointing. I think Ave said they have switched to the gray foam starting with Hercules? XM has the best packaging configuration with the gray foam outer, gray foam inserts, Velcro straps and 1/2" thick heavy cardboard outer box. Might cost more, but it sure does a better job of protecting the statues.

Mine should arrive in early Nov (along w/ Ares and Athena).

This was my 3rd ARH piece. Also have Leonidas and Medusa ex.

really want the nycc arh merch. Gonna cancel a bunch of ssc stuff honestly.

I have Battle Fury Achilles. I missed out on Medusa and will probably never get her due to her after market cost.

I really like the Alexander piece, but I just don't know where I would display it. It looks huge! I am going to NYCC on Sat, so I'll get to see it firsthand. I am also eager to see all the Frazetta stuff. I'll see what I can do for photos/video.

Alexander. ..Huntress. ..Death Dealer...Tarzan Croc dio..all freaking huge and badass!
I'll post some pics tonight.

I have Battle Fury Achilles. I missed out on Medusa and will probably never get her due to her after market cost.

I really like the Alexander piece, but I just don't know where I would display it. It looks huge! I am going to NYCC on Sat, so I'll get to see it firsthand. I am also eager to see all the Frazetta stuff. I'll see what I can do for photos/video.

Sweet.

i got medusa for retail and local from another member

SSC can't replace the horn. Not surprised as it would mean an entire upperbody as well.

I am positive I can fix it myself. They offered me a $55 credit which I think is generous.

Just got this...very big box, huge and heavy piece that came in 6 parts. Nice low ES of 300 . Beautiful sculpt and good paint apps IMHO... I love it

SSC can't replace the horn. Not surprised as it would mean an entire upperbody as well.

I am positive I can fix it myself. They offered me a $55 credit which I think is generous.

Can't you return it get a full refund and order another?

@ Snadinator

I just told ARH about your issue. Averone says to contact him, they got you covered.

Back