Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something i don't understand. Averone says the stand alone conan will be same or lower than SS conan pf pricewise. PF is mixed media and arh is resin i think, hope polystone. So should be priced lower a little. That means the snake base wich has only a snake and a wench that nobody cares will be priced more than the centerpiece (conan). To come around the 1k mark they are discussing? I think the base should be lower or at least same price as conan. But thats just a thought and opinion.

:panic: I don't get it either. Nobody (In his\her right mind) will pay as much for a big base as Conan (himself). I am planning to get the whole diorama, but if I am priced out....then just Conan.

Here is another video of this statue at the NYCC:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DPApTSd6ZU[/ame]

There is something i don't understand. Averone says the stand alone conan will be same or lower than SS conan pf pricewise. PF is mixed media and arh is resin i think, hope polystone. So should be priced lower a little. That means the snake base wich has only a snake and a wench that nobody cares will be priced more than the centerpiece (conan). To come around the 1k mark they are discussing? I think the base should be lower or at least same price as conan. But thats just a thought and opinion.

:exactly::goodpost:

Alex,
Please consider to make statues about classic horror figures. What I see from your Ares: God of War is you like gore:) As I mentioned before you can create your own mythology about vampires and werewolves, no need to take licenses for them:) Sideshow tries to fill the gap with their dead figures but it is not enough. I really want a big diorama about a final fight of a vampire and a werewolf:)

Frank-Frazetta-Dracula-Meets-Wolfman.jpg

It is not beyond the realm of possibilities, yet there is only so much we can do per year. I hope to someday be big enough to do multiple lines all at the same time, we are getting there....
We actually did a Jack'o'Lanthern the first year ARH Inc came about but it was too small.

Price is not set yet guys, all I said at the show was an estimated price point.
In the next few months we will have a real good idea of what it will be.
Our aim is to get it right under $1K for the entire enchilada.

I realize that the $460 mark was set for the Conan last SDCC, we will aim to go below that, and I think we can. Lets see what happens in China, ARH is going there to finalize this next month.

Price is not set yet guys, all I said at the show was an estimated price point.
In the next few months we will have a real good idea of what it will be.
Our aim is to get it right under $1K for the entire enchilada.

I realize that the $460 mark was set for the Conan last SDCC, we will aim to go below that, and I think we can. Lets see what happens in China, ARH is going there to finalize this next month.

I think you've completely won me over. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the updates. You have been outstanding with service. I've never seen this with any company in which I collect my many of items. You're definitely setting a standard. You've held your ground with this piece and Ares. You guys bended where it was required with the slave girl. You've given numerous updates for pics and videos. That's amazing.

Thank you,
Lets see if any of these pre-orders you have will at least have one Greek god in it!
That would be nice :)

Honestly I doubt it because it's not really what I collect, but I can still appreciate beautiful art when I see it even if I don't plan to own it.
Now if you ever make a Vlad Tepes or Musashi..... we'll talk! :)

Alex,
Please consider to make statues about classic horror figures. What I see from your Ares: God of War is you like gore:) As I mentioned before you can create your own mythology about vampires and werewolves, no need to take licenses for them:) Sideshow tries to fill the gap with their dead figures but it is not enough. I really want a big diorama about a final fight of a vampire and a werewolf:)

Frank-Frazetta-Dracula-Meets-Wolfman.jpg

I assume you know this was already made into a statue.

Averone, I love the Conan and Ares, but I'm not a fan of the gore on Ares, it's good for the single guys and gals who can slide around the relationship side of collecting, but for me my other half wouldn't want that displayed. Any possibility you'll do a non-gore version of Ares?

Averone, I love the Conan and Ares, but I'm not a fan of the gore on Ares, it's good for the single guys and gals who can slide around the relationship side of collecting, but for me my other half wouldn't want that displayed. Any possibility you'll do a non-gore version of Ares?

He already shot that down. With a wife and daughters I understand what you mean.

No I am sorry. ARES is god of war. The gore is something you see on the base and blood on the armor. He wore the blood of his enemies to color his armor.
I am not ruling out a FB version down the road..... like 2 yrs out. But right now this is what you get.

Hades will be just like Ares too, pure evil

I think you've completely won me over. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the updates. You have been outstanding with service. I've never seen this with any company in which I collect my many of items. You're definitely setting a standard. You've held your ground with this piece and Ares. You guys bended where it was required with the slave girl. You've given numerous updates for pics and videos. That's amazing.

Thank you, its nice to hear.
We are small and can offer one to one service, and we appreciate the feedback.
Sometimes when you start getting big you loose touch with the fan base. We dont want this to happen.

Yes as far as the girl we listened, at the same time no matter what we do we cant please everyone so at some point we have to move forward.

This Conan had a huge impact on those who saw it person.
To see the same reaction when people get this, is what we want. This is our goal for the next 7-8 months.
Its so important to us that ARH is planning a trip to China for QC and production of Conan.

So a question for the Conan buffs:

Which TPBs are the best out there? I'm reading the Robert E. Howard book 1 on my Kindle now but I'd love to read some good comic collections as well.

So a question for the Conan buffs:

Which TPBs are the best out there? I'm reading the Robert E. Howard book 1 on my Kindle now but I'd love to read some good comic collections as well.

Dark Horse comics is about to release 'The Colossal Conan' next month

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/The-Colossal-Conan-Kurt-Busiek/dp/161655228X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382043772&sr=8-1&keywords=colossal+conan[/ame]

1200 page hardcover reprint of the Dark Horse comic. About 50 issues I think. Awesome.

Get the savage sword of conan tradepaperbacks ,it's a reprint of the old magazines they are up to volume 14 now wich is almost half of the issues run.

Back