Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Averone,
What about us that could not see the statue in person at NYCC? We have to make a decision and the only way is to see it from photos, isn't it? I am a big fan of Conan but I am not attending to show and not able to talk with Arahom so I just want to see good photos of it to make a right judgement. I don't want to wait cause you have already showed it and all the excitement is lost now. There is no need to wait for us...

I'm headed to the show now, will take pictures do not worry.
I'm not a pro,but I can do justice to it.
Along with videos I will do my best to show it as is with slight paint fix we will do to the girl before the show.

I saw the sculpts unpainted, didn't see the Troy heads so I will report back. I usually like the style Troy does so we can be sure you will see all variations (3) heads/ Axes etc.

The woman gotta go and we need more dirt and blood. I prefer the snake to be much more thicker. Sorry, I ain't a Conan fan, but I will buy something that I like.

Maybe remold the girl to be cowering, posing butt forward and no one will care what the face looks like?

I love the idea of the slave girl sacrifice cowering in fear, because that kind of imagery is all through Howard's Conan tales. It's just that the actual execution still needs a bit of work. But we have been told that it is going to be looked at and addressed in some manner, so just have to wait and see what happens.

I have the Rattle Medusa and it is top notch. That poor girl has the expression Conan stuck something in her butt hole.

The sculpt is nice. The paints and rushed pictures with flash are not. Will reserve judgement until proper photos are posted.

Yeah I think Conan is looking spot on here anatomy and face wise. Wouldn't want him changed at all. Paint apps can always be changed, but I think the sculpt and pose for Conan are excellent. I like the hair too I feel like it makes Conan come more to life since there is so much energy in all aspects of his sculpt. This kind of dynamic is exactly what I think we need to see more in statues.

As for the snake I'm not sure where people are coming from. Some of the serpents in the novels sound like monsters and then others just sound like giant snakes. This one looks to me like a giant snake. Imagine being in their position it would be terrifying not to mention its true size is much larger than those pictures let off. If anything what I like is how much like an actual snake it looks. It doesn't have some weird dragon qualities and such.

Good stuff Monger, I'm in agreement with you. Would I like Conan's hair with the square cut better? Yes...but I have no problem with this, it's a Buscema looking Conan and he illustrated Conan very well.
Can do without the chains on the snake though, doesn't make sense to me.

I personally like the snake, dont know about the chains though, and the idea of this is awesome. But i agree with most everyone here that the girl is not very nice, she needs a re-do and i seriously hate her lack of clothes and color choice of her clothes, maybe instead of a almost naked slave girl she could be more of a sexy princess that he is protecting and she could be wearing something sexy in pink or white colors with sexy parts showing, i also could care less about takeing her top off so add some clothes even torn up ones. Just my suggestions though as a collector.

Another great post. In total agreement.

Last edited:
God damn it, where's my snake got to now? I mean I put it in shackles again last night, I just don't get it... :p

God damn it, where's my snake got to now? I mean I put it in shackles again last night, I just don't get it... :p

I have yet to see it in person after the paint up.
But I assure you it's not the end, this is an art and there is time to change.
I really appreciate the fans, and am so excited that they get to talk with Arahom live at the show, as he is always capable and willing to listen, when appooached with courtesy and respect.

Forums are this way, people already have assumptions and we all know the statue is so different in person.

Yes ave that is a the only way to go.

As a huge Conan fan I want this piece to be a hit for ARH and a hit for myself and all the other Conan fans. So the critiques and suggestions from my perspective are aimed at that goal.

One of the other problem except the slave girl is this diorama is so meaningless without the snake:( I don't know how they redo the slave girl but without the snake she becomes as important as Conan which is the weak point of that statue. On the other hand without the serpent, the diorama looks naked and all the story gets lost! And still we don't know how much will it cost with the shipping and custom fees?

One of the other problem except the slave girl is this diorama is so meaningless without the snake:( I don't know how they redo the slave girl but without the snake she becomes as important as Conan which is the weak point of that statue. On the other hand without the serpent, the diorama looks naked and all the story gets lost! And still we don't know how much will it cost with the shipping and custom fees?

You know I didn't think of that. The only way to make that work without the Snake is if she is closer to Conan and focusing on Conan. Maybe using this face :horror while looking up at Conan. That may work better as a standalone.

You know I didn't think of that. The only way to make that work without the Snake is if she is closer to Conan and focusing on Conan. Maybe using this face :horror while looking up at Conan. That may work better as a standalone.

For me the snake is a must, so its all or nothing.

These are good compositions and examples in terms of relation between Conan and women in an event:

l75czFZ.jpg

H8CbEDa.jpg

IX4yyvC.jpg

or something like that could be made (It's from the movie but take that as an example):

9tw9GZt.jpg

For a lot of statues, the enemy is implied or "off screen", like Conan Rage; who's he striking at? :dunno

Wouldn't tell as complete a story w/o the snake, but it could still work.

Back