Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this is becoming very frustrating....pricing wise. How can you ask people for deposit when you are not even sure of the price? The price will determine whether or not I want this.

I agree these will be a tough sell at anything over 1k. If they do end up at that price point then I would say their best chance at selling them is through SS. Customers have the incentive of SS points plus much better shipping rates and flex pay.

Going direct with prices reaching into the thousands I believe will have the opposite effect. On the plus side IF they do sell direct, we can count on super low edition sizes.

The Minotaur is a must buy for me though ether way.

Chris

Has a price been set yet?

Just got back from the con. Apparently they are waiting to conclude agreements with Sideshow and can't give the exact price quote on any of the pieces yet. So, no the prices are not set yet.

I have measurements for all the pieces as well as pictures of most and a little solid info. I can say honestly after seeing them in person that all the pieces are very, very impressive and that the dio is fantastic. Everyone that passed by had to pick their jaw up off the floor and were mesmerized. For those interested in these pieces I'd say you will be pleased.

I will start posting some pics now and then I will impart what was told to me.

Last edited:
I'd like to have Ares in the dio but I don't have room for the Dio and those price talks are scaring me silly. $1600 for both is a yearly budget for this hobby. That's about 5 PFs. 11 Kotos. 8 bowens. 16000 packs of Ramen Noodles.

Sideshows is as big (minus the snake) with fabric and 27" tall and at more than half the price.SSC Conan PF and Red Sonja PF for same price.Decisions? And i wouldn'd be surprised if Sideshow eventually does a dio like this sometime in the future.

In person the dio is Huge and Impressive.

It measures 25" H x 29" D x 24" L but surprisingly Arahom says that the footprint is actually a little smaller then Medusa.
Medusa would fill the entire stand he has the dio displayed on whereas the dio fits with space around the circumference.

The Snake is big and the entire dio is dynamic. According to ARH the chain was added to the snake not artistically but logistically as it comes in and will be packed/shipped in several pieces and to hide the seams. The snake will be dirtied up a little. The slave girl will only have minor tweaks such as the face paint, eye color (green possibly), head tilt/angle (so her eye line is in the proper position with the snake) and the neck shortened. There will be no seam where the head meets the neck. The head angle issue arose as Troy sculpted the heads without the body or dio available so the proto was just stuck on in the rush to preview at the con.

The girl in no way looks as bad as the first pictures depicted her and her body and pose are quite acceptable as far as I am concerned. and does not take away from the impact of the dio.

I was not able to get pics of the third head as Troy has not completed it yet and the helmet head could not be placed on the body for pics because the other was not removable.

They have decided to make the small base available with Conan only. That smaller base will come with the two heads (Hair & Helm head) and two weapons shown (Axe & Sword) shipped in one box. The two head two weapon Conan will be offered only through ARH directly.

The dio base will come with the snake and the girl as well as the third head(headband)and weapon which will be just like the axe that Arnold used in the final scene of the first Conan movie and will be available directly from ARH and Sideshow and ship in a separate box.

What else SS will offer is undetermined as they are still negotiating and they are waiting to hear from them but at this moment I was told that the extras with the first pack(helmet & sword)are only available with an order directly through ARH. This leads me to believe that the sideshow edition 1st pack will not come with extra head and weapons but the snake base (2nd pack) from sideshow will be the same as ARH and include the extra head band head and extra axe but who knows what they will negotiate.

The interchangeable pieces have magnets and the chains on the girl and snake are metal.

Overall I think it is a dynamic, stunning and remarkable piece with or without the extras. To me it is a great representation of a hardened Conan in his later years after a lifetime of trials, battles and slaying.

So: Pack 1 from ARH will be Website EX includes 1/hair head, 1/helm head, 1/axe hands and 1/sword hands

Pack 1 from Sideshow: 1/reg hair head and 1/axe hands.

Pack 2 from ARH or Sideshow will be the same: Snake Base, Girl, 1/headband head and 1/variant axe hands.

BTW, all of the new pieces are incredible.

Last edited:
Back