Arghhh, New Hot Toys- Captain Jack sculpt revealed me hearties

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it for you, it's a little rough, i will have a better go at it later:)

jackx.jpg

HERPES MATE!!!!!!!!11 Omg :lol:lol

I like HT sculpts better but the EB skin tone is better. Why did they paint this guy so pale?? He's pretty tanned in the film.

And that bandanna needs to be cloth... they've done cloth for figures like Barnes and Chris Taylor... why not this guy?

Maybe the bandana "shell" hides the face-swapping seams, or is somehow integrated into the swapping?

I know it has been said many times in this thread that this DX will have one head / two faces, but were is that annoucement from HTs? Is everyone really cool with that?????

I know it has been said many times in this thread that this DX will have one head / two faces, but were is that annoucement from HTs? Is everyone really cool with that?????

I know I'm not, but it isn't exactly going to stop me from getting this figure.

It's just a guess people have had because the design of the sculpt could lend it self to doing something like that and have it not be noticable. However, I can't quite imagine Hot Toys passing up a chance to make people want to buy another figure to use each head. Though alternate faces might make people, 2 totally unique heads are probably more likely to drive people to put both to use.

Someone mentioned it already. I'm seeing a "young" Sparrow in these sculpts. I think that is what is throwing the sculpts off a little bit. There's also something weird with the eyes. Not sure if the PERS is responsible for this. Don't get me wrong- I really like the characters of the sculpts but there indeed is something a little off.

From HT's announcement of new figures:

The genuine new Captain!

Are you ready to return to the high adventure and secret treasure with our new Captain?

Two different interchangeable faces of our DX Captain Jack Sparrow with different gestures and expressions in the eyes fully illustrate his genuine character and attitude from inside out!

Humorous yet serious, coward yet brave, trickster yet honest, freedom incarnate and his cynical attitude…

As per our rich experience in developing the Jack Sparrow collectible, we believe that this collectible figure must be the one that truly unveils the REAL JACK SPARROW that fans are expecting! Stay tuned for update very soon!!!

From HT's announcement of new figures:

Thanks Batty. I would have really liked two head sculpts, but this should really keep the price down. I am guessing $199.99 will be the retail then.

Just watched the first movie for the first time, it was better then I expected, but I also just watched the trailers for 2 and 3 and they don't look as promising. They seem way over the top even by the first one's standards but I'll give them a chance this weekend.

The 2nd and 3rd are good for the most part but have some spots that are really blah.

Just watched the first movie for the first time, it was better then I expected, but I also just watched the trailers for 2 and 3 and they don't look as promising. They seem way over the top even by the first one's standards but I'll give them a chance this weekend.

The first movie is great, the 2nd and 3rd one are just awful.

The first one was designed as a stand alone pirate movie with Jack as the only really wacky character.

The 2nd and 3rd movies, everything is wacky and over the top and heavily padded, since they split one story into two movies and just padded out with anything remotely to do with pirates. Just total crap.

The 4th movie looks much better. Again its stand alone and they actually just bought the rights to a well liked pirate novel and replaced the main character with Jack Sparrow.

The figure just seems off to me. I just don't see any charisma and quirkiness that the character has. It needs more CHARISMA and QUIRKINESS hot toys. Please fix it. More character please.

The first movie is great, the 2nd and 3rd one are just awful.

The first one was designed as a stand alone pirate movie with Jack as the only really wacky character.

I couldn't agree with you more... I think the first film would have stood alone as a classic one day but unfortunately Disney thought "hey, let's bank in on this while we have the chance" and as a result we got two horrible films back to back. I feel the same can be said with the Matrix, the first one was cutting edge and would have been a classic... but WB thought otherwise and you all know the rest.

But back to Jack, i am just amazed at what people see when they look at these Jack/Depp sculpts... :dunno

Seems Enterbay used Johnny Depp as reference where as HT's used Jack Sparrow. At least that's how i see, they both look good to me. And despite what others have said the older HT sculpts are not on par at all with these new ones, HT's or Enterbay alike.

I am just glad i only care enough to look at new figures and not enough to buy a Jack figure, or i would probably be going mad. :slap

M.

I think HT's sculpts are fantastic - both faces!

The smiling one displays emotion and is very fitting for Jack. The more serious one does look a bit pouty from one angle, but then so does DX Joker and we all know how fantastic that one looks in hand.

Definite buy, this!

Hey guys, I have question for you...since this DX version will be released, do you think I should let go of my AWE version of Jack (could sell it or trade to other old HT figs) or would it be great to have them both in my collection?

What do you think?:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back