Arghhh, New Hot Toys- Captain Jack sculpt revealed me hearties

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! The Photoshopping has begun. :lol

AND the "looks Asian" comments!:yess:

tumblr_lhdn1rFzAG1qcv9zpo1_500.gif

Here's a comparison side by side - HT is VERY close to getting it right but it's just slightly not there. Imagine the hair, make- up and bandana removed from the HT figure and see what you have left and I don't think it's Johnny Depp.

Can you remove the skin and eyes from the HT sculpt too? I want to see if it matches Depp's bare skull.

The more I look at these pics, the more I find off with the sculpts.

Jokes and Bats brings up excellent points. I still think that the eyes are the key feature that is throwing it off, somewhat. Again, the PERS could be responsible for this. Also, Ween's observation regarding the 'stache length plays into the equation as well.

It could, but as the photoshop pic shows, the mouth doesn't look like Depp's at all. People can make fun of it all they want, but it just proves what some of us are saying about the sculpt being off.

People critisize things because of disappointments and hoping that HT will tweek this to make it even better.

The outfitting, or what can be seen of it, looks awesome so far.

*looks at HT sculpt and dances for joy*

*sees Photoshop photos and leaves thread*

I don't like it, the film still and mod are sad faces, the current HT sculpt looks ready to kick some ass, which I like, especially for gun and sword poses.

I don't like it, the film still and mod are sad faces, the current HT sculpt looks ready to kick some ass, which I like, especially for gun and sword poses.

I think it's the eyes looking down that makes it look sad, i think that mod is great and just repositioning the pers could turn this sad face into an "asskicking" one:)

I think again, the smiling sculpt is the one that really needs work. The other relaxed sculpt looks fine for what it is, and as always with every DX IMO, the eyes throw the sculpt off as well. But its no where near the level of a failure the Indy was.

I think another big problem I pointed out earlier is the paint detailing. I looked at some high res pics of Depp and he does have that detail in his face, but on the figure it looks like he has freckles or something. In real life it's his blood vessels. They are popping out because of how tan his skin is getting, the same thing happens to me, especially if i start to get sun burned. But the problem on the figure is the skin tone under the blood vessels is too pale and so it's making them "pop" out a bit too much. I honestly think making his base coat a more tan color will make that detail more subtle and help a bit.

What movie is that still from though? The HT figure is from the new film, and based off the movie poster the figure looks accurate in skin tone. He might be paler in the new film!?

Looks like a still from the new movie. I could be wrong, but I don't think he had that little "x" scar next to his eye in the first trilogy.

What movie is that still from though? The HT figure is from the new film, and based off the movie poster the figure looks accurate in skin tone. He might be paler in the new film!?

New one's trailer v.2.

Closest thing from new material I can find to that smile.

He needs more tan and more wild hair growth on his face. He's fighting Krackens and mermaids and pirates, and doesn't have access to grooming materials, his goatee shouldn't look as neat and kept as Tony Stark's.

My photoshop skills are worse than terrible but I had a go for you. I'm sure someone on here could probably do a much better job!

some pics as well for reference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back