Arghhh, New Hot Toys- Captain Jack sculpt revealed me hearties

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to those you will be selling there older hot toys sparrow figure:)

Eh your not missing much,it's not that great .....nah it's awesome!!!!:lol:lol:lol

I saw two pics in the Disney section and I can't really use the word awesome at all. I don't like the mouth on the regular sculpt at all and the smiling one is just a bit off. I can only see two pics so maybe others will look better.

I will say it's waaaaay better than Enterbay's though. That one looks like some drunk, not Jack.

Good luck to those you will be selling there older hot toys sparrow figure:)

Hmm I still won't sell my AWE version cause for me, it's still one of my HT grails. :wink1: In fact, if the price of the old figures of Jack will hit rock bottom..I'll be gladly to pick-up a Cannibal Jack to complete the 3 version by HT.:monkey1

Last edited:
WTF they have annouced a DX Bruce Lee , a DX Indiana Jones , and now a ____ing DX Pirate , why dont they give us our DX T2 or T1 Ahhhhhhnuld T-800 , i will pass on these figures . just IMO

Don't get me wrong this head sculpt looks freaking amazing :panic:

But i don't care for the Pirate movies

How can they announce another figure when they haven't released the DX04 , Dx05 Yet :slap

i love that first shot the most. not crazy about the smiling head or the plastic bandana but definitely gonna pick this baby up

How can they announce another figure when they haven't released the DX04 , Dx05 Yet :slap

You do know the DX04 is already released right? First in hand pics showed up a few days ago. And since these typically have a 6-9 month lead time a new announcement is not going to be a problem.

I'd still prefer to have seen Superman first, but I will not turn my nose up at a badass Sparrow figure. And makes sense to see him now with the new movie just on the horizon.

Wow, HT really brought it for the Jack DX! The sculpts are slightly off to me, but them being so close this early in the game bodes well for perfection by release. Definitely glad I unloaded my AWE a few months ago, can't wait to have a 1/6 Jack back on my shelf! :yess:

Seeing this makes me sad they didn't give the Indy DX two heads too.

100% purchase all the way :rock :rock :rock

Man, I feel sorry for the people who recently dropped $350+ on the the older release! That figure's price is gonna drop like a rock.

What about the Medicom one? Is that one even worth anything nowadays? :monkey1

Assuming the final product looks almost as good or maybe even better, I think it is safe to assume that this is either Hot Toys' most impressive looking figure so far or way up there... >_>

I don't know whether this will be their best, but I'm sure it will look much much better in person. I'm still amazed at how different (for better) the proto pics of Aldo Raine looked from the final piece, especially the paint application.

What about the Medicom one? Is that one even worth anything nowadays? :monkey1

I've seen it sell for around $75 for a long time... honestly not a bad figure for the time; but he's at the back of the pack just above the Zizzle figures :lol

Another addition to my Pre-order list! lol...

The smiling sculpt is the closest of all the recent Jack Sparrow attempts (including EBs). However, the regular face needs more refinement. It's a bit pouty.

Also, I think the cloth bandana would have been better (a la Barnes/Taylor and the enterbay figure).

FInally, I wonder if HT rushed this announcement in hopes to stifle Enterbay's thunder regarding their announcement yesterday?

When is this available for pre-order? do want!

When is this available for pre-order? do want!

Might not be too far out as it looks like the head is on a completed figure. Although its possible that they just placed a completed head on older pieces.

I would expect a pre-order sometime before, or around the time the movie is released.

I've seen it sell for around $75 for a long time... honestly not a bad figure for the time; but he's at the back of the pack just above the Zizzle figures :lol

Hey! Zizzle Jack is really awesome!!!

review_12jack_4.jpg

...for a kid :monkey3:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back