Are you happy with the paint applications / condition of all your statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amphion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have you ever been in this situation? You buy a statue, either brand new or off eBay/fellow collector. Upon receiving the statue, you examine it and everything looks great. Good paint application, no scratches, nothing broken. You're happy.

A month or two goes by and after looking at your statue for an extended period of time, you start noticing some things that annoy you. A slightly crooked line, a small overspray issue that you never saw before but suddenly it's all you see. Maybe even a tiny, small scratch the size of a pin hole that's impossible to see unless your face is 5 inches away from the statue but....you know it's there....

I experience this with nearly every statue I get. Is it just me being OCD or is it the sad truth that there is no such thing as a perfect statue? The longer you stare the more chance that you'll find something wrong maybe?

I can't be the only person with these experiences.

I have this problem with just about all my PFs...which is why I've repainted all the one's I own (past and present) except for Comic Superman.

I have this problem with just about all my PFs...which is why I've repainted all the one's I own (past and present) except for Comic Superman.

So glad to hear that I am not alone. I always find something that drives me crazy sooner or later. It's like an illness lol...

Is it just me being OCD or is it the sad truth that there is no such thing as a perfect statue? The longer you stare the more chance that you'll find something wrong maybe?[/QUOTE said:
There is nothing painted by hand or in a factory assembly line that is flawless...and no SSC statue that is either....:) Your not alone!

Ah... Another one of those threads.... Did you...Are you...Will you..Am I...What if...Is it....

Ah... Another one of those threads.... Did you...Are you...Will you..Am I...What if...Is it....

Funny people always complain about these kinds of threads. People do the same thing on Facebook groups too. I really enjoy these kind of threads because it promotes more talk.

And I just repaint or sell mine if it starts to bother me lol. I have done it to many pieces now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back