Are Sideshow exclusives realy value for money for UK Buyers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the sideshow exclusive value for money for UK buyers

• Total voters

raider

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have just been looking at some pre orders i have.

Conan Exclusive from sideshow - $320 + tax at $48 + shipping at $30 total of $398 converted to todays money £280

Now i can get the regular shipped to me from a UK seller at £210

Now i have a list of pre orders around 10 from sideshow for exclusives and about 10 from UK sellers for just the regular as it is cheaper.

so the question is..... is the Exclusive from side show realy worth that £50+ extra

Personally I think it varies, its dependant on the exclusive.

Take Marvel for instance, I would want the Rogue Exclusive because of the print that comes with it.

I could settle for a regular Mistique PF as the belt doesnt bother me. Or the Hellboy PF, I would only have him displayed with the Samaritan so the exta ££ isnt worth it for those.

So, for me at least, it depends on the Exc.
x :peace

i do supose it depends what the exclusive is..... some of the better ones i have on order are Conan with extra sword , leia PF with extra figure , Elira PF with extra hand/spider , Predator 2 with extra head..... and so on

But it does get me thinking if i save £10 - 80+ if i could live with the regular

Personally I think it varies, its dependant on the exclusive.

Take Marvel for instance, I would want the Rogue Exclusive because of the print that comes with it.

I could settle for a regular Mistique PF as the belt doesnt bother me. Or the Hellboy PF, I would only have him displayed with the Samaritan so the exta ££ isnt worth it for those.

So, for me at least, it depends on the Exc.
x :peace

it really does depend what the ex is :dunno

Agree with these two...for example I would never have the Berserker PF without the exclusive because IMO it rocks :rock but the Moria Orc Exclusive is not essential IMO

My advice is forget the money aspect for now just go through your list and decide what exclusives you do and don't want! :lecture

And don't forget that you do get reward points from SS so that does help a little :duff

For me it depends on the Exclusive...for example I love my Exclusive Doom and Captain America, I think those have added extras that make them worthwhile, however I'm also more than happy with my standard Iron Man as the Tony Stark head always looked weak to me, and I wasn't a fan of the Bradstreet Punisher, I prefer the one with the standard skull motif.

Since the currencies went all to whack , no. Cancelled my Vader exclusive as it would cost me more than £40 more after shipping etc . Not worth it in my opinion for an extra hand, when I could use that money towards another figure.

I bought the Legend Lord of Darkness exc with the unicorn horn, I thought it would be great to swap accessories but unfortunately the sword is way to big to fit in my cabinet. so was it worth it yes this time

Last edited:
Depends,
Clonobi's exc. was worth it, same for Lara.
Indy's extra wasn't worth th £20 odd more.

I have Snake Eyes, Corbra Commander and Storm Shadow Exc. pre-ordered, Only one I may pick up a Regular of instead is SS, not sure the nunchuks are worth the extra ££.

Cheers,
Doug

Well, just decide if YOU want the exclusive or not. You will get every answer in the book if you ask all of us.

Last year I ordered a number of exclusives, but in the end I cancelled all of them. The extra customs costs and the declining UK currency make pretty uch all exclusives seem like a waste of money. I even cancelled my 1/6 Indy exclusive - and I'm a huge Indy fan - but I've never once thought, gee, I wish I had a torch and dart for my Indy figure.

My first 1:6 purchase was Aragorn but he was sold as 'Aragorn as Strider the Ranger' with the ranger cloak as the exclusive. I thought to myself: wtf wouldn't I want the ranger cloak if its 'Aragorn as Strider the Ranger'?!?! So at first getting the exclusives was a must for me... if I'm going to be collecting these then I had to have the most complete version of a figure out there plus the gold sticker!

Alot has changed since those early days... each exclusive is measured by its own merits but even then its on a personal basis. I've already given Aragorn as an example and I would say Qui-Gon with the poncho was also a must... but skiff guard blaster with Jedi Luke? In my mind a big yes cos it harkens back to my memory of the old Hasbro figure that came with a skiff guard blaster. Its not a simple case of was it on screen alot or whatever.

I easily passed on the Stormtrooper exclusives - little blaster that appeared in early promo pics / test shots not important to me. But again, if i had seen those pics when I was a little kid, I may have decided that the exclusive was a must... its all subjective and personal I reckon... unless I had loadsa money then it would probably the exclusive every time just cos I can!

Probably good to think about whether the exclusive is in a line that typically appreciates (like Marvel) or depreciates (like SW).

But personally if I was outside of the US I'd be buying locally...

Definitely depends on the exclusive, some of the Dead figures for instance I really wanted the exclusive version and others just don't bother me. I can understand it with the LSB's though, I would want those name plaques :rock

Back