Are Sideshow exclusives realy value for money for UK Buyers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the sideshow exclusive value for money for UK buyers

• Total voters
Yep, The exchange rate is killing me, Recently received Anakin PF where the extra head cost me an extra £65 , Thor PF EX cost me around £70 more than if I had picked it up from a UK supplier but I do prefer the bearded head more :)

Just had The Thing LSB shipped for £189 from SS when I could have picked it up for around £120 from Play or FPI so the name plaque cost me £70 :(

Indy EX also cost about £70 more for the alternate head which I don't display.

Time to reavaluate my priorities.

From a monetary standpoint, buying direct from Sideshow can't be considered value for money. Whether it is the exclusive or not. More expensive courier company, taxes, exchange rate etc. Buying local should reduce cost, but not in every case. Bargains can be had at the cost of risk of not acquiring the item at all, down the track.

Value for money comes in when it's something that you treasure personally. You justify the expense to make it worth it to you. Sometimes the item looses its appeal and you can sell it for the relative value you seek at the time.

Then there's the investment market, to make it value for money. Then you'd be having to sell it to recoup the money spent and retain it's added value. It's a case of selling at the optimum time before the items looses popular flavour, but the downside is you don't get to retain the item.

Pretty much any accessory, if you're interested in the accessory and not the special sticker on the box, can be bought for much cheaper than the customs fees.

Back