Ardeth Bey Bust Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely looks great!! but at exactly the pricepoint I expected, which is too much for me :banghead Sure the flexpay makes you think harder about it, but the payments will coincide with 1/4 Predator.

Yea your right ox it would but very tempting indeed!!!

Now were is the newsletter!!

That's awesome. It's tempting, but I cant aford it right now. Maybe if they make the Monster i'll get one. Or Dracula.

I took the plunge!

The likeness of Karloff the Uncanny is even more... um... uncanny, without the spooky mood lighting!

Hey Sideshow Chris! If you're reading this, I'm still not getting order confirmations!

:tap

mmmy.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I ordered it...

I guess Chris was referring to the Alien and Predator busts, because the Ardeth Bey bust came in just about where we were expecting it to. I've ordered it, but the only reason I will be able to afford this along with the 1/4 Predator is because my car will be paid off come February and most of the Lord of the Ring product will have already shipped! Now, if they just don't release these too fast! I would be more than happy with no more than 1 per quarter or even only 2 or 3 per year! That is per line of course. As much as I would like to collect the Marvel and Star War busts, I may just opt for 1 or 2 from each of those lines. Of course, I already have the Maul on order, but he looks so good, I probably would have picked him as one of my Star Wars picks anyway. I guess only time, space and money will tell how many of these I end up collecting! Sigh...

It looks good for sure but I want some new PF announcements!!!

He's a Creepy Fellow...

Sorry to hear you aren't getting your order confirmations still FrankenFan! I will check it out yet again. We've started taking specific logs of all of our servers to see what is exactly going on, and I should be able to track yours down pretty easy.

As for the price, I did mean this piece is pretty affordable when you compare it to the cost of the other 1:1 pieces. I believe this is the most affordable of all the items that are FLEXPAY. And as you see now, it is pretty darn cool. I don't even really collect these types of things and I'm considering it. Would look pretty cool in the corner of my pool room. heh. I'd need a cool point light from the ceiling though to make it all spooky.

The more I keep coming back to this thread, the more I feel like caving in and ordering.

Honestly, I am liking the this one so much that I am actually considering cancelling my preorders for the other LOTR horse and rider pieces to free up the dough. Decisions, decisions. :google

He does look great. Like the PFs, I have no interest in statues, but the mixed media of these busts make them far more tempting for me.

I just have one question....is the fez removeable? :mummy

Ardeth Flex Pay is much too pricey for me.I guess I'm lucky that I really can't afford it,makes it easier to put him out of my mind."A poor man's prejudice.":mummy

I agree that that the bust looks great but I think I'm going to pass.

If this was a PE figure I wouldn't even hesitate in placing my order. HINT HINT!! :D

I had to ask myself if I really wanted to start collecting a whole new line of collectibles??? I barely have room for my 100's of 1/6 figures and PE figures.

The other problem I have is that the Flexpay payments are going to come at the same time as my PE Predator payments. I can't afford both and since I already love the PE figures, Predator wins easy over Ardeth. $550 is too much for a bust IMO.

For the record, the Hellboy bust payments are lower than the Ardeth payments.

Ardeth Bay

I, too, was hoping "Flex Pay for Ardeth Bey" (hey that rhymes!) would not coincide with the Predator Flex Pay. Would have liked Ardeth to start a month later (or the Predator to get moved to a month start date later, either way). But I may still see if I can swing it, maybe have the payments hit two different credit cards so the closing dates aren't the same, 'cuz I REALLY like AB with the creepy lighting. I mean, how cool is that?! :banana

Sorry if this post sounds, for lack of better word, illfavourable, but I have a question about the whole Flex-Pay idea.
Most of the Flex-Pay items announced have a 4-6 month waiting period for it to be shipped. If someone cant come up with the full amount then, then what is the chance of making one third of it in one month? I just dont get the advantage over ordering normally.
Would someone care to explain it?

Basically the price is divided out of 3 or more paychecks, instead of having to come up with it out of one. This can become a problem though when you have several Flex-pays overlapping each other for different items.

Of course, you can always budget yourself, and just set aside the monthly payment in stead of signing up for flexpay and then you will have the whole amount for 1 lump sum payment. Just got to remember not to touch that money once you've dogeared it for that particular item.

Back