Aragorn worth it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doesitmatter

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just realized I have Frodo, Sam and Gandalf all pre ordered. I don't have anything else in the line. So, if I decide to go back, Aragorn would be the natural choice. I wasn't too impressed when I saw him in the box but is he better loose?

I think that Aragorn is a really nice figure, and the only drawback is the heavy beard that Sideshow painted on him. I used an X-Acto to thin his beard some, and added a little gray and he looks great. Look to some guys like Darren, Les and DarkArtist who work magic with the toys they customize! You'll see that Aragorn has a great portrait sculpted under the paint, and it doesn't take much to draw that out. The accessories are great and the outfit is well done, if a little too neat for a ranger, but overall a really nice figure.
A lot of people have wondered if SS might go back to redo Aragorn as he appears towards the end of the Fellowship or during the Two Towers, but since the line is moving so slowly, we'll likely see the Hobbit on the big screen before repeated figures!

He is an awsome figure and he is for sure worth it! The detail is amazing and you will not be disapointed.

i think he's worth it, for sure. i think they're all worth it, even Faramir with his nasty beard growth. The clothing in this line is second to none. (4000 posts!)

Last edited:
Faramir came out horrible, but the LOTR line is pretty awesome

aragon was my first SS Peice!!! It's a good fig. I agree about Faramir being the weakest LOTR fig so far... but I have plans for him! :lol

i mostly liked the bad guys while collecting busts and pf. so the 1/6 line is great imo. the detail is awesome and only 3 more figures, merry, pippin and gimli to have the entire fellowship. :D

i think he's worth it, for sure. i think they're all worth it, even Faramir with his nasty beard growth. The clothing in this line is second to none. (4000 posts!)

congrats vader al!!!

:fireworks

aragon was my first SS Peice!!! It's a good fig. I agree about Faramir being the weakest LOTR fig so far... but I have plans for him! :lol

he was my first piece too and actually this line is what made me cave in and buy 12" figures. . . . . . . so i guess you could say that darn figure has cost me a lot of money.

All the Aragon figure needed was a little thinners lightly applied to the beard to thin in out and the Viggo look starts to shine through... PS my Faramir fig looked fine out of the box

this is my favorite 1/6 figure out of the few dozen that i own. it's not perfect but he is great and i can easily find viggo in it. just pose him right and you wont be disappointed. most of these figures look weird in the box til you take em out anyway. plus his outfit and accessories are all top notch and he even has the ring of barahir on both of his left hands.

Aragorn is worth it IMO. Even as is I think this figure is pretty good. He's my favorite character from LOTR so that makes me a bit biased I suppose. The outfit is really nice but could be a bit more weathered. My main gripe is that he didn't come with his Elven cloak.

I think Aragorn has one of the sideshow's best likeness. It's just the crappy paint job that killed it. Check out the repaints by Darren and you'll see how great the sculpt is. The accessories on this a great as well.

Yeah, aside from the paint apps he's a great figure. And honestly even the paint really doesn't bother me anymore.

Back