Aragorn upon Brego: New Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revilal

Freaked Out
Reaction score
SS have just posted the new AatBG photos

And I have to say that it looks even better than before... the face is spot on now and the colours more realistic.
This will be the holy grail, I assure you.

I now have a new top three ;
1. Aragorn on Brego
2. Gandalf on ShadowFax
3. Ringwraith on Steed
4. Saruman Statue
5. Berserker Statue

Thank you SSW for doing my dream statue justice.

Last edited:
They did tweak the face but the colors they didn't change at least not from the piece I saw at SDCC. It was never as bright as the first set showed IMO.

revilal said:
SS have just posted the new AatBG photos

And I have to say that it looks even better than before... the face is spot on now and the colours more realistic.
This will be the holy grail, I assure you.

I now have a new top three ;
1. Aragorn on Brego
2. Gandalf on ShadowFax
3. Ringwraith on Steed
4. Saruman Statue
5. Berserker Statue

Thank you SSW for doing my dream statue justice.

Come on, the face looks nothing like Viggo. As for it being the Holy Grail..., in a year's time, this will be being pimped for $150. The horse looks good but Aragorn it is not.

Ah right :duh, clicked my way through now...
I think the face sculpt has improved, but it's nothing like "spot on". The color of the blanket seems to have changed from the bright blue to a more accurate tone - if memory serves me well. Looking forward! :blissy

doesnt look very much like viggo to me either.

but overall it looks to me that the details on it are very nice, the likeness is just a bonus i guess.

Doesn't look much like Viggo to me either, but that's okay. This is the Aragorn statue that I've been wanting. I haven't been wanting a Viggo statue.

The white tree on the horse's blanket looks VERY bright, but it could just be the photography. I'm loving this sculpt though. I can't imagine how they'll ship it.

I like all the little details like the exposed chain mail and the iron work with the White Tree and Gondor-esque engravings. There will be a lot to look at with this piece!

One more reason I am glad that I will be staying at SDCC for three days this year. I just didn't have enough time to really stare at the Sideshow pieces like I wanted to. I saw them all, but was just so pressed for time. I took a lot of pics that didn't turn out.

Yeah, staying for two days at least allowed me to get some good looks and good shots. I'll be staying 3 days this year so I will have an extra day to stare at everything.

Looks like Viggo from the side, but not from the front kind of like Eowyn statue.

serfup said:
Looks like Viggo from the side, but not from the front kind of like Eowyn statue.

,..doesn't look like vigo from any side,..this is the worse vigo likeness i ever saw in a statue form,..the 12" figure looks much better,...:sick
what a terrible likeness,... :monkey2

Back