Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

If you look at the pictures, the things throwing off the sculpt seem to be:

-The eyecolour: way to light, makes him look possessed.

-Direction of the eyes: looking straight ahead instead of to the side, looks weird with tilted head.

-Position of the hair: It's been moved forward, distorting the hairline and causing some details in the brow-area to be lost.

I just noticed, if you watch the backstage pass video the pics look like the proto aragorn, but when scott is talking and showing the piece it lookes like the new pics of aragorn with the clothes being a different color and the variation in the sculpt..:confused:

This really sucks,this had such potential from the day it was first previewed, and now it looks like a big let down. I can only hope my order is in the 2nd wave of shipments and I get to see some in hand pics first.

Maybe Sideshow put up pictures of an earlier version of Aragorn by mistake instead of production pics.:monkey5

Oh no. I was so happy to be getting this until I saw the new photos. I have to agree that the likeness has, if not disappeared, diminished -- and that was the best part of the PF.

I haven't cancelled, but I, too, hope I'm in the second shipment so I can see what it looks like in hand.

I'm completely baffled at the changes. Its changed into an Aragorn not Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn.

I know I am in the minority here... But I still like it. Really, nothing has changed except the paint and the shirt. But with some minor work, this could be an amazing PF. It's still pretty good for SSC production paint apps. :lol

It still looks really good. I do honestly believe its the stubble throwing things off as it was thicker in the proto. Everything else about it looks great and with the arm angle change I'll probably display the Ex piece.

It still looks really good. I do honestly believe its the stubble throwing things off as it was thicker in the proto. Everything else about it looks great and with the arm angle change I'll probably display the Ex piece.

I agree..I still looks great and I definately like it better with the arm change...Bring on Aragorn!! :D

Yup, still excited about it and excited about seeing it at SDCC so I can see for myself if its the stubble messing things up.

I feel this is somewhat similar to what they did to the Legolas 12" figure, fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place.

71591_press01-001.jpg
7159_press01-001.jpg

The regular still looks more natural (not only did Aragorn never fight with the dagger that way but it would be awkward for anyone to) but the new pose DOES make the exclusive look less awkward than it did before. The original pose was still better all around though since it catered even more to his screen accurate fighting style.

7159_press03-001.jpg

This looks like Aragorn after succumbing to the effects of the One Ring. ;)

Its still a cool PF, and probably no worse than Frodo (which I've always loved) but now what was a no-brainer is suddenly a difficult choice. I wonder if it would just be best to cancel and buy it on ebay for a fraction of the price. :confused:

Last edited:

Remember when the production pics of the 1/6 hobbits went up and everyone was moaning about how they'd failed to live up to the proto?

And then remember when the inhand pics started coming in and everyone was like - "wow! They're better than the proto!"

So I think we should take up a "wait and see" attitude with poor Elessar here.

Oh man, I don't know what to think. It still looks sweet but after seeing the proto which was *perfect* I can't help but see this is as a disappointment right now.

I still see Viggo from this angle:

7159_press05-001.jpg

Other angles, not so much. I pretty much liked everything about the proto (sculpt, paint, pose) better. :monkey2

That's what I wanted to say, from this angle he looks like Viggo so there's still hope that in hand will still be a great PF, I'm keeping my order to see If I like it or not...

This is definitely not a failure--it still looks great, but the subtle changes seem to have made a difference in the end result. It's just one that I need to see more pictures of and hear some personal reviews before I make up my mind. (Not to mention seeing it in person at SDCC.)

Frodo official pic:

7144_press01-001.jpg

In hand pic:

Frodo001.jpg

Aragorn's official pics still look better than Frodo's and Frodo turned out extremely well. Time will tell but Strider could still be a winner.

Back