Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't care if the trident is 24 or 27 inches long. The size of the trident has nothing to do with the scale of Aquaman himself. So long as Aquaman is 1/4 scale, all is good.

I believe they won't make the mistake about this . It has to be in scale with batman, superman and Wonder Woman. Aquaman must be as 1" taller than Wonder Woman. Flash has to be the shortest and Martian manhunter has to be the tallest among the seven.

Okay so since everyone is getting all "Is he/Isn't he in scale" I decided to take the measurements and stick them in photoshop and do a compare. There is a slight problem though. If I make the Trident tip reach 27.25" then Aquaman's head does not reach the 24" mark that Sideshow say's he is. However, if I make Aquaman's head reach the 24" mark Sideshow says he is without the Trident, the Trident reaches the 30" mark and goes a tad beyond, maybe an 8th of an inch.

See for yourselves, Aquaman compared to the other JLAers if he is indeed 24" to his head.

JLA compare.jpg

Okay so since everyone is getting all "Is he/Isn't he in scale" I decided to take the measurements and stick them in photoshop and do a compare. There is a slight problem though. If I make the Trident tip reach 27.25" then Aquaman's head does not reach the 24" mark that Sideshow say's he is. However, if I make Aquaman's head reach the 24" mark Sideshow says he is without the Trident, the Trident reaches the 30" mark and goes a tad beyond, maybe an 8th of an inch.

See for yourselves, Aquaman compared to the other JLAers if he is indeed 24" to his head.

View attachment 218792

Yeah I think he'll be fine. I was certainly stressing earlier when they said 24" to the top of his trident!

the more I look, the better he seems with the beard and hook. Just too pretty boy on the regular version.

I just want to know how they managed $430 on this with all the current price increases? I mean Batman Red Son was $490? What the?!

View attachment 218792

this is perfect thx after this u make me order him :p haha

I was actually looking forward to seeing a smaller piece. :gah:

I know everyone wants him bigger but who has that kind of space. Space is a premium for me. I see very few people actually have there Trinity lined up next to each other and I suspect even fewer will have a JLA all lined up. Anyway, glad everyone is happy with another ultra tall SS piece

I know everyone wants him bigger but who has that kind of space. Space is a premium for me. I see very few people actually have there Trinity lined up next to each other and I suspect even fewer will have a JLA all lined up. Anyway, glad everyone is happy with another ultra tall SS piece

While I see where you're coming from since I am in a similar situation, that would not be cool IMO. I would definitely want him in scale with the trinity. I have the trinity lined up and they are epic. I really like how he looks but am considering passing as I don't intend to collect the entire JLA lineup. Green Lantern would probably be the one addition to the trinity I would see as a must have. Still, SSC did the right thing with the EX being extra nice and the price reduction is fantastic. I hope this is a sign of things to come!

I have the trinity Lined up but like i said in my previous post I have plans to try and build shelving worthy of housing them. It's actually easy enough to do and not that expensive but at the moment the actual space to build is what i lack so i may wait until I move into larger place. I think the more PF's you own in one line the better off you'd be to build your shelf space to house them so that you can actually have the line together, instead of apart due to the constraints of mass produced shelving.

Would it have killed them to angle the trident down and out more as if he was pointing it "onward!"?

27.25" is going to make it impossible to put in the Besta with the Trinity.

the more I look, the better he seems with the beard and hook. Just too pretty boy on the regular version.

I just want to know how they managed $430 on this with all the current price increases? I mean Batman Red Son was $490? What the?!

the popularity of the character (or lack therefore) probably has more to do with the price than anything else.

Back