Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

Superman traps actually

looks like a modified Superman head sculpt.

Ha yeah actually the whole statue looks like it's been frankensteined together. I'm beyond disappointed in this :(

I know this will come across as nitpicking...but those feet are awful
I like everything else about this piece...pose, base, colors etc etc....but those clunkers below his ankles have got to go

Can anyone there get a sense for how much taller Aquaman is next to Superman (from the tip of the trident?)

Why do I smell a bearded COH and an additional hand with a hook.... that would be great.

Another icon to the DC Pantheon. Does a perfect job of capturing Classic Aquaman. Hope there will be a Change-o portrait and hook hand (which I prefer), although will probably display like this. I've been thinking about picking up a regular Red Sonja to have converted into Mera, although might wait for the new version depending on which pose works best. Assume Flash is next, but personally I really want to see Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

Why do I smell a bearded COH and an additional hand with a hook.... that would be great.
The seam is pretty evident in the neckline. I think the costume neckline should have come up a little higher, but can live with it.

A Little mixed media would have been nice, it's got a very classic look and the proto looks great. Really like the base too.

I was hoping for a more dynamic pose but other than that I think Aquaman looks great! :yess:

I'd say they're going for a pose that'll match the rest of the Justice League, since Green Lantern was somewhat hated on for his more dynamic pose that doesn't fit in with the "heroic" poses of the future Trinity statues. Aquaman will fit right in with the Trinity, and I wouldn't be shocked to see another Green Lantern get made once a couple of other characters are completed.

I thought he'd be holding his trident up more in the air, but overall I think the pose works. This doesn't do anything for me, but I hope those who wanted the statue are landing more on the happier side than not!

Sideshow-Preview-Night3.jpg

sideshow-preview-night1

Sort of has a Ray Liotta look to him. Overall, I think it is a pretty good statue (I love the base) but it doesn't "pop" to me. Perhaps better pictures will change my mind.

One thing I'm not really a fan of is his neck muscles dropping down so far, and then his shoulders broadening out. I think it'd look better if his shoulders were higher up. His neck/collar area looks a bit odd shooting up from his neckline as though he's squeezed into the chestpiece. Needs a bit more of a natural connection/flow upwards from the broadened shoulders.

Basically the shoulders and neckline look like two separate pieces, which they are, but it shouldn't actually look like it. They don't look like they connect naturally.

HZvVMW5.jpg

Sideshow-Preview-Night3.jpg

The head might not be seated 100% properly.

Overall, I really like this piece. It's definitely on my "Possible" list. I LOVE the gold scaling. It definitely pops.

Back