Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aquaman - Premium Format DC Comics - SSC

If Supes is 25.5 inches tall id wager Aquaman might actually be 26 inches tall and then his trident is an extra 5 - 6 inches higher from his head (easily)

76.jpg

my bet is 31.5" in height when this goes up for preorder

The trident is not 5-6 inches higher than his head:lol. I would say maybe 3 inches.

Remember way back when Sideshow ssid the wanted these to be like a tiered skyline. The trinity would be tallest at about 25 inches each. Well I'm betting Aquaman is 23 inches tall to his head but what this also again means is that the first GL is severly out of the design forvthis JLA set up at only 21 inches tall.

No you are right

Aquaman's base is staggered

He is definitely on a lower plain. The dimensions are the same for Superman and Aquaman and probably Batman

Supermans body sculpt is about 20 inches tall

I can assume Aquaman's base is probably at least 4 inches

So he himself is sitting at 20 inches + 4 inches = 24 inches

Im still thinking the trident is 5 inches tall based on the measurements I did on Supes. 3 inches would be the distance between the steps Superman is standing on.

His lower leg sits 6 inches off the ground , his knee up leg sits 9 inches off the ground. That is a difference of three inches.

In the pic Aquamans trident is much longer from his head.

I contend this will be at least 29 inches. At most 30 inches.

Granted Superman is in the background and Aquaman is in the foreground. Its an approximation but both figures Id wager are 20 inches tall

yes. Im bored and have too much free time on my hands.

Can someone that is attending the CON please ask what the Exclusive will be. Im sure someone at the booth should know. If you want to verify the height as well, that would be great.

WB_20110918_justice1_detail.jpg

Supes and Aquaman are about the same height.. Probably 2 inches off / in quarter scale that is a difference of 1/2 an inch.

19.5 inches tall is Aquaman's body sculpt

4 inches off the ground

5 inches for his trident

= 28.5 inches tall

This piece is definitely not meant for a BESTA

Still trying to get my pics posted from yesterday. Glare on the display cases was a ***** to deal with so I'm posting both with flash and without pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rulk you're here too! Crazy so many freaks made the trek. I'm fortunate to be a San Diego resident but it's fun when I see so many of you guys come out. I was having a ***** of a time with glare as well. Much respect to the pros taking some amazing photos as con. If I go back on Sunday and can remember to ask, i will try to get the EX from someone at the booth.

I was having a ***** of a time with glare as well. Much respect to the pros taking some amazing photos as con.

I agree... the glare on the glass in most of my pics is hell (not just SS booth)... definite props to those guys carrying around bazooka sized cameras and flashes pointing every which way to get the incredible shots we've been seeing.

Another JLA member getting ordered

If this comes with a switchout bearded portrait I don't think I'd be able to resist.

I'm not in a rush on this piece but a bearded exclusive would heavily entice me.

I really wish the trident had more of a metal feel. Is it just me, that trident looks a little to plastic for my taste

I'm not in a rush on this piece but a bearded exclusive would heavily entice me.

I really wish the trident had more of a metal feel. Is it just me, that trident looks a little to plastic for my taste

I love this. But I'm afraid it'll have the same problems Wonder Woman had. Paint mistakes since it's a full sculpt, hollow base, plastic accessories. I feel like if it has the same feel as Batman and a superman it'll be loved. But if it's like a Wonder Woman you'll be able to find the EX on eBay after a few months for less than retail price due to that and a massive ES. Too bad we can't know these things until it ships and is in hand with Sideshow products. I told myself I'd not buy future PFs in the DC line after Winder Woman but I really love this! Haha

I love this. But I'm afraid it'll have the same problems Wonder Woman had. Paint mistakes since it's a full sculpt, hollow base, plastic accessories. I feel like if it has the same feel as Batman and a superman it'll be loved. But if it's like a Wonder Woman you'll be able to find the EX on eBay after a few months for less than retail price due to that and a massive ES. Too bad we can't know these things until it ships and is in hand with Sideshow products. I told myself I'd not buy future PFs in the DC line after Winder Woman but I really love this! Haha

What all was wrong with the WW PF? She's on my list to buy.

What all was wrong with the WW PF? She's on my list to buy.

Spotty paint apps occasionally (my body/head was fine mostly, but the white on her boots you can see paint strokes), completely hollow base, broken hair pieces (Sideshow had to send my 3 replacements, each one came more broken than the last. Finally we settled on a $40 refund), shield paint was dull and messy (sideshow sent me 1 replacement for that, but it was worse than the original), a bunch of people's spears were cracked in half (mine wasn't), a few people said her foot didn't go all the way into the hole in the base (mine was fine here as well), they didn't use magnets on her attachments but instead opted for petal pins which often didn't fit in the hole or were too lose (again, mine was fine here).

This compared to my Batman and Superman which don't have flaws and are solid statues. It seems they cut corners on WW. I kind of expect Aquaman's base to be hollow as well since it doesn't need to be heavy enough to support a heavy cape on Batman and Superman.

Back