Apogee Toys Sideshow Blowout!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't bode well for my purchases. I have not received a reply from them
as yet.
The good news is I haven't been able to find any negative feedback
on the net.

What kind of site sells stuff that it doesn't even have in stock, that's ridiculous. I'll avoid that site like the plague in future.

TheObsoleteMan said:
What kind of site sells stuff that it doesn't even have in stock, that's ridiculous. I'll avoid that site like the plague in future.
Tower Records is one, those bastards. I'd like to avoid them but they have some hard to find CD's that I can't find anywhere else. :banghead
I hope I get most of the figures I placed an order for. :(

Most in-stock items ship within 24 hours.

I read this on the front page of their site. :rolleyes:

I guess it's not really false advertising though since nothing they offer seems to actually be in stock.

I got in a little late on the sale but was able to order two Grad day Buffys, the Master, Vampire Willow and one or two more. I got an email on Thursday saying they had everything except for a second Buffy. I subbed an Angel for second Buffy I couldn't get and I'm okay with that. Still getting a lot of nice figures for a really great price. They said my package would ship on Friday. I'll lyk when I receive it.

What day did you order you figures ffl1940?
I ordered mine on the 30th of Dec. and I have
not heard a peep from them yet.

Yah, I'm interested to know what day you ordered on as well. I too ordered at the end of the day on the 30th.

Pic of my booty - yes, I'm juvenile... sometimes

Well, folks, it seems many of you can breathe a sigh of relief. I ordered my items in the early morning of the 31st and they arrived today. The packaging was what I'd expect from Sideshow, no styrofoam peanuts or inflated bags or bubble wrap, just my boxed figures fitting snugly together inside with no room to move. They used a Sideshow box (I presume for a whole case of Jason figures) which only allowed for the six figures (!) I purchased, perhaps their use of packing material depends on what and how many you buy. In my case, extra precaution was apparently deemed unnecessary. And it wasn't really as everything arrived safely, including the figures' boxes. This might just be a lucky break for me, although I don't care too much for the boxes' conditions as long as the figures and accessories are unharmed as I'm an opener.

Out of my haul, I truly wanted only Ardeth Bey. (Aren't you glad I didn't say booty this time?) The others I wanted for examination to see if they have anything I can use or I wanted them solely for their bodies (these are toys, they don't have minds). Anyway here's the promised pic showing that I did receive my items from Apogee. Thanks, Apogee! And thank you ironman1188, for the scoop!

Did you get a shipping notice beforehand or did it just show up unannounced?

I ordered on the 30th and haven't heard a thing.

First a correction, it seems I placed my order just as I thought initially, on the 30th. All my e-mails arrived shortly after 3AM (so the e-mails say) but have a sent time of shortly after 7PM. I take this to mean 8PM Florida time as I couldn't possibly have placed the order at shortly after 7.

The only e-mails I received directly from Apogee are the Welcome to Apogee Toys and Order confirmation messages. I was waiting for an order shipped e-mail from them or Paypal but none arrived.

Ok, so I guess the stuff will just show up when it shows up. I'll be patient and wait a couple of more days before I start firing off e-mails.

HEY!!!!
How come Galahad got his stuff before me????
just kiddin'
Glad shipping has begun, glad I could help out those of you that found something there that you wanted and...I'll be glad if my stuff comes today!!!! :D

I recieved my order today. Everything was perfect and Apogee now has a new customer. I got a figure, the SSC US WWI Officer, I was sure I was going to have to hunt down on the aftermarket but it really was in stock. I originally had my doubts. Very pleased with the service and thrilled with the sale.
Thanks IM for posting this. Hurrah for Ironman and Apogee!

I called Apogee today and they said my order shipped out last Friday. They didn't say anything about my order changing, so I think I got everything on order. I may have missed my opportunity to add Hyde to my collection but I can track him down later.

The guy on the phone gave me a USPS tracking number but it doesn't work. I might have written it down wrong, but I believe them when they said it shipped out.

The strange thing is, I've been receiving their newsletter for a few months, and I don't recall signing up for it. I think the guy who bought Voyager Toys owns Apogee Toys and my account with them switched over to the new store?

Got my order today!
I missed out a little due to being away from the computer and didnt get my order in until Jan 2, but I got the Jason figure today

15$ with free shipping!!

The guy on the phone gave me a USPS tracking number but it doesn't work. I might have written it down wrong, but I believe them when they said it shipped out.

The USPS tracking system is a joke. Your tracking number will not start to work until after it is already delivered. I don't think that they bother scanning it as it makes it way to you, just when it gets delivered.

I have emailed Apogee twice with no response.
I don't know if I am getting my order or
not.
When did everyone place their orders?

Nothing yet. Send paypal payment on the 31st for a Leatherface. Got the confirmation of order, but nothing shipped.

I decided to go ahead and shoot them an e-mail just to check and see if my order had shipped and I already got a response saying it had and that they'd give me a tracking number, so I guess my stuff should be arriving soon.

Got my 6 bond figures via united states postal service, mint figures but box was in VG conditon. I consider that pretty fast turnaround. Surprised that ***** galore's hair was a little poorly done, otherwise the outfit is nice. Now I have oddjob, jaws to get, the two most difficult. Will prices tumble on those also? I don't understand these ebay prices... guess it is volatile.

Back