Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temek, congrats! Looks great!

So my last flex payment on my EX. was schedule for this weekend (7/5), and I got an email for it to be delayed for another month until 8/5?!! Was hoping to get this baby before SDCC, but it's not gonna happen. I guess that's fine as long the QC is up.

Same here, I told Sideshow to check for any defects prior to shipping.

Dun tell me the entire batch are all rejected by their QC team?

l just hope that l dun get a returned piece

So my last flex payment on my EX. was schedule for this weekend (7/5), and I got an email for it to be delayed for another month until 8/5?!! Was hoping to get this baby before SDCC, but it's not gonna happen. I guess that's fine as long the QC is up.

Same here, I told Sideshow to check for any defects prior to shipping.

Dun tell me the entire batch are all rejected by their QC team?

l just hope that l dun get a returned piece

Is that an option? They can open up your box before shipping it to check?

Congrats temek!

Thanks Rfk3000 and Savage!

About the QC, it did look like mine was inspected prior to shipping, so thats good news for those who have yet to receive yours. I really hope you all get a good one.

Is that an option? They can open up your box before shipping it to check?

SS rep said thats what they were doing when I talked to them last week, was the reason for the delay. As far as requesting that just cause, not due to a piece having QC problems? I don't see why not.

Got Reg #453 today, there are some paint issues but nothing that I would return it over. I really do love this piece, the size is just enormous, biggest piece I own by far. I have 6 PF's so far (working on a display area, no man cave atm) and I am really seeing the big picture from most people here who have been on these boards for a while. SPACE! :lol How do you guys do it? Keep a good amount of pieces boxed up and just rotate them out? I am assuming this is when you are at the 20-30 number total.

View attachment 118208

For the love of god man take him of that cheap ass plastic drawer piece (i own one as well) they aren't sturdy at all!!!

Looks Temek! Congrats. I actually have 20-30 PF's on display and keep all the boxes in a separate shed in the backyard. Yes, SPACE is key. If you plan to collect PF's better stay focused and only get what fits your them and then get or create a really large room.

Looks Temek! Congrats. I actually have 20-30 PF's on display and keep all the boxes in a separate shed in the backyard. Yes, SPACE is key. If you plan to collect PF's better stay focused and only get what fits your them and then get or create a really large room.

Foto of your display of 20-30 PF please :wink1:

Got Reg #453 today, there are some paint issues but nothing that I would return it over. I really do love this piece, the size is just enormous, biggest piece I own by far. I have 6 PF's so far (working on a display area, no man cave atm) and I am really seeing the big picture from most people here who have been on these boards for a while. SPACE! :lol How do you guys do it? Keep a good amount of pieces boxed up and just rotate them out? I am assuming this is when you are at the 20-30 number total.

View attachment 118208

Congrats Sean :clap this guy looks so impressive!

For the love of god man take him of that cheap ass plastic drawer piece (i own one as well) they aren't sturdy at all!!!

Haha, that was just to take the pic. Would never display it like that, even CBG would give me crap. :rotfl

Thanks Nemenforcer, the problem is I collect SW, X-Men/Spider-Man, He-Man, G1 (if that ever happens) and a few movie stuff (Robocop, Predator/Alien) so being picky is a must lol. I know you are a big X-Men fan and would really like to see your display.

Congrats Sean :clap this guy looks so impressive!

Thanks Andy, much appreciated buddy.:hi5: Now I'm off to your He-Man update!

OK, so #615 is in da house. I have had him inspected and displayed for awhile now. Given some of the QC issues being reported of late....I'm very happy to report my Apocalypse PF looks pretty f'n fantastic. First off, it's not perfect but it is certainly good. I can only see 2 real issues with my piece. I have a very small and thin black line on the inside of his thigh. Also, there seems to be 2 drops of what I think is excess glue on the back of his right shoulder pad. It's really hard to see because it looks like the glue was just painted over and can only be seen if you hold it up to a light at a certain angle. Honestly, these are things I wouldn't even mention if there wasn't so many QC issues reported with this piece of late. Overall, I have to say I'm quite happy with how my piece turned out. I hope all the peeps still waiting on theirs get a good piece.

Now as for the piece itself...WOW! This thing is massive and impressive. I love the pose, sculpt, and attitude in this piece. Apocalypse looks exactly as he should, large and menacing. He was a MUST have in my collection and I can truly say...I'm loving this PF! I'm so thankful that I wasn't put in a position where I was going to have to return this piece because of QC issues. Knowing this Apocalypse is out there and is not a part of my collection would have been gut wrenching for me. Now I just need a 1/4 scale Magneto to put next to him. Looks like the XM Mags is going to fill that bill.

Heard back from slideshow unfortunately I won't be getting replacement body but I will be hopefully getting a replacement arm as my main issue is it won't go in all the way and there is a big gap so hopefully this new arm work, if it doesn't then I'll have to try get a full refund

OK, so #615 is in da house. I have had him inspected and displayed for awhile now. Given some of the QC issues being reported of late....I'm very happy to report my Apocalypse PF looks pretty f'n fantastic. First off, it's not perfect but it is certainly good. I can only see 2 real issues with my piece. I have a very small and thin black line on the inside of his thigh. Also, there seems to be 2 drops of what I think is excess glue on the back of his right shoulder pad. It's really hard to see because it looks like the glue was just painted over and can only be seen if you hold it up to a light at a certain angle. Honestly, these are things I wouldn't even mention if there wasn't so many QC issues reported with this piece of late. Overall, I have to say I'm quite happy with how my piece turned out. I hope all the peeps still waiting on theirs get a good piece.

Now as for the piece itself...WOW! This thing is massive and impressive. I love the pose, sculpt, and attitude in this piece. Apocalypse looks exactly as he should, large and menacing. He was a MUST have in my collection and I can truly say...I'm loving this PF! I'm so thankful that I wasn't put in a position where I was going to have to return this piece because of QC issues. Knowing this Apocalypse is out there and is not a part of my collection would have been gut wrenching for me. Now I just need a 1/4 scale Magneto to put next to him. Looks like the XM Mags is going to fill that bill.

Congrats Filip. Very happy to hear this buddy. I know you wanted this badly

So has anyone actually received any replacements for this?
Seems like SS are being stingy with what they are giving out

I don't think there will be many replacements for minor paint flaws and damages. Unless it's totally destroy by error then you will get one. This piece is in high demand so keep it as or send it back. This looks better than I expected with the real pics. I'm still going to have to pass and get gladiator hulk instead. To me that's much more impressive in terms do details and character display.

I don't think there will be many replacements for minor paint flaws and damages. Unless it's totally destroy by error then you will get one. This piece is in high demand so keep it as or send it back. This looks better than I expected with the real pics. I'm still going to have to pass and get gladiator hulk instead. To me that's much more impressive in terms do details and character display.

I agree. I think sideshow is doing exactly what we discussed a while back in an xmen thread. The conversation was about ebay buyers that nit pick purchases and try to get credits. The majority "go-to" move was to be brutish with them and say, "ok, just pay for shipping to send it back and I'll refund". I believe sideshow is doing that exact thing.

I agree. I think sideshow is doing exactly what we discussed a while back in an xmen thread. The conversation was about ebay buyers that nit pick purchases and try to get credits. The majority "go-to" move was to be brutish with them and say, "ok, just pay for shipping to send it back and I'll refund". I believe sideshow is doing that exact thing.

No they are not. They are giving out credits for you to keep a shoddy statue. They'd much rather have you keep it and give you a small credit than to ship this BEAST of box back to them. Shipping charges both ways will exceed any small credit they give you. It's all about the their bottom line.

Congrats Filip. Very happy to hear this buddy. I know you wanted this badly

Thanks James. Yeah, I wanted this piece in the worst way. I honestly would have struggled mightly if I was put in the position some members here find themselves in. I will not keep a shoddy piece. However, Apoc is a MUST have character for me. I'd have been super pissed off if I had to return it. Just glad I didn't have to make that decision. I feel for all the peeps that do. No way we see another comic Apoc from SSC in long while and the sculpt on this one is amazing.

Back