Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gun is the preferred display options, but having the chainsaw is a bonus.

This. Apocalypse doesn't need a Gears of War chainsaw option. The plasma cannon makes more sense but since SS is throwing in a saw option I'll take it.

To all the hardcore X-fans out there. Do you guys like the chain saw? I'm a casual X-men reader at best and to me, Apocalypse doesn't seem he would have a chain saw in his repertoire.

I'm all about that chainsaw. While I wasn't sure originally I think it matches nicely with his menacing face sculpt and flow of the pose. Why stick a canon up in the air like that

Oh, man. 'The Wait'....I feel your pain there. I've been waiting years for another piece to come out of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer line. (I'm a huge fan.) Every day I hope to hear something. I've emailed. I've called. And every time I call, I get a don't give up....So I haven't....And so I wait. :lol

The point is keep the faith!!!! :panic:

no shade, but what else is there to come out of the buffy line? Dark Willow PF? Gentleman PF? I would prefer the latter, but too obscure no? Would go great with their Dead line though.

:wink1:
To all the hardcore X-fans out there. Do you guys like the chain saw? I'm a casual X-men reader at best and to me, Apocalypse doesn't seem he would have a chain saw in his repertoire.

To me the chainsaw is overkill because it makes no sense how a human, even with being a mutant, can just generate a mechanical saw from his arms like that. But it's been explained that Apocalypse can alter himself at the molecular level so that's the writer's pass to make him do pretty much anything they want him to do. He also uses cybernetics in his armor, but he's been depicted in so many conflicting ways, from a large mutant with tech armor, to a little old man inside a robot suit (that was weird).

But I'll probably display it with the chainsaw :wink1:

The chainsaw is awesome. The cannon is more iconic 'Lypse to me. So I imagine I will swap them out every week or so, assuming I can find a convenient and safe way to store whichever one isn't being used outside what I imagine will be an obnoxiously large box I won't want to dig into regularly.

It's obvious many of you didn't play marvel super heroes vs street fighter because that's where I remember the chainsaw

It's obvious many of you didn't play marvel super heroes vs street fighter because that's where I remember the chainsaw

Chainsaw is also on licensed art, like trading cards when I was growing up. At the end of the day it's the EX, it's another display option so I'm glad I'm getting it, and nonsensical or not, it makes him that much more threatening. If this big guy came at you with a chainsaw hand, you'd run.

Chainsaw is also on licensed art, like trading cards when I was growing up. At the end of the day it's the EX, it's another display option so I'm glad I'm getting it, and nonsensical or not, it makes him that much more threatening. If this big guy came at you with a chainsaw hand, you'd run.

I would...and then he'd shoot me in the back with his cannon!

:goodpost: :exactly:

I may be wrong but as far as I remember he doesn't use a chainsaw on this game. He uses a spikeball as well as a drill. No chainsaw at all.

This is the exact point. He doesn't use a spikeball or drill in the comics either. Capcom's version gave him the new weapons. So what is wrong with Sideshow giving him a chainsaw?

It's like the Texas chainsaw massacre guy coming at u, of course you run hahaha

As an almost lifelong comic reader, which is the #1 reason why I got into statue collecting, One thing I've come to accept is SS takes its liberties with some of these character designs.

- Wolverine PF's shirt stitching
- Gambit PF has grey armor, in the comics its blue
- Cap never fought Hydra in WWII in the comics, yet we have a whole PF based on that non fact in a costume he never really wore
- Apoc PF, he might have used a chainsaw or some other weapon hand in the comics at some point, but in most comics he doesn't transform his hands at all (at least in the comics I have with him).
- Storm White Variant PF, she actually did have this costume for 1 storyline but used a different cape
- Doom LSF, pick almost any of the small details, they're just design choices
- I'm sure there's more

It's a visual medium. If there's an idea that's not accurate but they think it looks cool and Marvel approves, that's what we get. The continuity of their own comics is screwed month to month, so Marvel doesn't care about where a chainsaw actually appeared so long as it sells. There's those of us, myself included, who will know every little inaccuracy, where something actually appeared, or if something never appeared at all, but the only thing that matters in the end is if SS and Marvel think it looks good.

As an almost lifelong comic reader, which is the #1 reason why I got into statue collecting, One thing I've come to accept is SS takes its liberties with some of these character designs.

- Cap never fought Hydra in WWII in the comics, yet we have a whole PF based on that non fact in a costume he never really wore
- Apoc PF, he might have used a chainsaw or some other weapon hand in the comics at some point, but in most comics he doesn't transform his hands at all (at least in the comics I have with him).
- Storm White Variant PF, she actually did have this costume for 1 storyline but used a different cape
- I'm sure there's more

It's a visual medium. If there's an idea that's not accurate but they think it looks cool and Marvel approves, that's what we get. The continuity of their own comics is screwed month to month, so Marvel doesn't care about where a chainsaw actually appeared so long as it sells. There's those of us, myself included, who will know every little inaccuracy, where something actually appeared, or if something never appeared at all, but the only thing that matters in the end is if SS and Marvel think it looks good.

:horror:horror:horror im just happy if it comes out good without someones finger prints labeled all over it.:monkey3

- I'm sure there's more

Actually cap did wear that uniform in Reborn.

Back