Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lights always go out at some point... so why put the added costs in.

I say leave them out and keep the cost down!

Agree, no lights please.

I'd rather not have electronics

Absolutely agree. This character has no need for lights. However, some of these pieces are phenomenal with lights. I can't even imagine my Green Lantern PF without the light up feature. It flat out ROCKS in the GL piece. There are times when lights add a lot of punch to these pieces. That's definitely not the case with Apocalypse though.

Absolutely agree. This character has no need for lights. However, some of these pieces are phenomenal with lights. I can't even imagine my Green Lantern PF without the light up feature. It flat out ROCKS in the GL piece. There are times when lights add a lot of punch to these pieces. That's definitely not the case with Apocalypse though.

They look good but there's too much of a risk

They look good but there's too much of a risk

I can't say you are wrong ink. I usually don't like them. However, for me, some pieces are worth the risk. I know you are getting that GL PF in 3 days. Fire that bad boy up and let me know if you still would have liked GL released without his light up features. I really couldn't imagine him without them.

I hate lights, theres no point. Yeah they look good lite up when they work but once they stop working then your got a defective statue.

I agree that Apocalypse doesn't need lights to make him shine more than he already does. But this lights stop working deal I don't buy. Theses are LED lights and we'll probably be dead when they stop working. I mean, I have a lot of statues that have lighting effect. Cyclops, War Machine, Ironman, Thunder Cats & X-Men vs Sentinel #1 Ex. Man I've ran those lights for years and probably more than most here and those babies are still firing up strong. You'll probably have battery leakage before anything. That can be cleared up quite easy if you run into that problem. All you have to do is stop being a lazy collector and check every other month or easier. Use the damn lights and you won't run into that problem. I've been at this for many years and never have I had a problem. Just saying...:dunno

Last edited:
I must admit if I ever get something that lights up, one of the 1st things I do is check that the lights are working & then the batteries come straight out. I must admit I've only ever had one PF before with a light up feature & yeah it was fine still when I last checked it but when I used to collect HT figures I had quite a few lights not working when I came to sell them & that's what put me off.

Just for kicks and giggles I just went into my collection room and fired up all my statue that have LED's and....they all still fired up without a hitch...:yess:

Now bare in mind that some of these statues have been in the collection for over 5 years. Sometimes I get a wild hair and fire them up for an all day light show. I've done this on many occasion. I've done it so much that I've had to change batteries at least three times over the years. LED's life span is about 100,000 hours before blowing out. What's the point of having a statue that light up but never us it...CRAZY!!!

It's like buying a watch and not putting batteries in it. You can't enjoy it fully!

It's like buying a watch and not putting batteries in it. You can't enjoy it fully!

:exactly:...I try and fire up my statues once a month for about an hour. If you do this you don't have to worry about battery leakage. I've never had any battery leakage with my statues...NEVER.

When people stop by to view the collection you better believe the light show is going down...:lol

:exactly:...I try and fire up my statues once a month for about an hour. If you do this you don't have to worry about battery leakage. I've never had any battery leakage with my statues...NEVER.

When people stop by to view the collection you better believe the light show is going down...:lol

AHHHHH!!!!! I'M BLIIIINNNNDDDDDD :rock

What I really liked about seeing this statue up close was the back of it with the mechanical tubes. That to me looked very impressive.

This is the statue I have been waiting on for years! When I saw it at SDCC I almost teared up lol. Everything is perfect. Per the SS rep, the final version most likely will have a few minor changes. My only complaint is that of a personal preference. Would have like to see him with a huge blaster hand. Maybe the EX will have switch out hands.....

This is the statue I have been waiting on for years! When I saw it at SDCC I almost teared up lol. Everything is perfect. Per the SS rep, the final version most likely will have a few minor changes. My only complaint is that of a personal preference. Would have like to see him with a huge blaster hand. Maybe the EX will have switch out hands.....

I think the SS video showed that we might have a good chance at getting a cannon blaster for him...:pray:

But these minor changes have me a little worried...:(

Back