Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I know. This is wait listed on both the REG and EX. Peeps that got on the EX WL in January aren't converting. You are going to have to keep convincing yourself that you don't need the EX as it continues to skyrocket in the aftermarket. All the while. your GH with a MASSIVE ES is still sitting there. With a variant released off the same sculpt as well. I don't think you could have messed this up any more if you tried to CBG, You are saying you don't need the LOW ES PF of an immensely popular 90's X-MEN cartoon villain and you do need a PF of a MASSIVE ES obscure Hulk with an additional variant based off the same sculpt. This coming from a dude who values ES above all else. Do you hear yourself when you are typing? Just ask yourself which statue you'd rather have when GH sells for $100 less than retail and the EX Apocalypse PF is selling for over $1500 in the near future. I know you too well buddy. Well enough to know you blew it by passing on this incredible PF.

This is making me feel bad. I'm going to take a vacation from this thread for a week. :( hopefully something good will make me forget about this one.

Just opened mine today. Pretty sure it was a return even tough I ordered this when it first came out. Here are the issues: Large blemish on front of left leg- there was some foreign object stuck to the inside of the Styrofoam that rubbed against the statue causing the paint to rub off.
Blue paint on grey legs beneath crotch.
Blue paint on right arm bicep, bump next to it.
Pegs on both accessories are rusted.
Statue appears to be a return, it was missing the plastic bag, no tissue or foam to protect the parts, no silica or instructions inside the Styrofoam box. I've asked Sideshow to return it.

Just opened mine today. Pretty sure it was a return even tough I ordered this when it first came out. Here are the issues: Large blemish on front of left leg- there was some foreign object stuck to the inside of the Styrofoam that rubbed against the statue causing the paint to rub off.
Blue paint on grey legs beneath crotch.
Blue paint on right arm bicep, bump next to it.
Pegs on both accessories are rusted.
Statue appears to be a return, it was missing the plastic bag, no tissue or foam to protect the parts, no silica or instructions inside the Styrofoam box. I've asked Sideshow to return it.

That blows, are you trying for a replacement or gonna get your money back.

This is making me feel bad. I'm going to take a vacation from this thread for a week. :( hopefully something good will make me forget about this one.

See ya in a week buddy. :wave However, because of the LOW ES on the EX don't be surprised if it goes up another $100 in the aftermarket when you come back here to visit. :lol

Oh, I know. This is wait listed on both the REG and EX. Peeps that got on the EX WL in January aren't converting. You are going to have to keep convincing yourself that you don't need the EX as it continues to skyrocket in the aftermarket. All the while. your GH with a MASSIVE ES is still sitting there. With a variant released off the same sculpt as well. I don't think you could have messed this up any more if you tried to CBG, You are saying you don't need the LOW ES PF of an immensely popular 90's X-MEN cartoon villain and you do need a PF of a MASSIVE ES obscure Hulk with an additional variant based off the same sculpt. This coming from a dude who values ES above all else. Do you hear yourself when you are typing? Just ask yourself which statue you'd rather have when GH sells for $100 less than retail and the EX Apocalypse PF is selling for over $1500 in the near future. I know you too well buddy. Well enough to know you blew it by passing on this incredible PF.

That was deep and cold at the same time :lol

That was deep and cold at the same time :lol

Well, it was warranted. CBG first posts that Apoc looks like a COM and is too small for a PF. Then he states how much he's a fan of the 90's X-MEN cartoon which has Apocalypse in it and is probably is his only knowledge of the character. We all know how much he loves a LOW ES and yet passes on the EX even after an ES of 750 was announced. He says he did all this so he could buy G Hulk who he likes more. However, he's waiting to pull the trigger on that piece because the ES is fairly large and he probably thinks he can pick it up after release in the aftermarket for about $100 off retail price. :lol

Also, let's not forget that he changed his mind about Apoc after peeps start to receive him and he's huge (and wait listed, and starting to soar in the aftermarket). Then there's the whole...how do I get on the WL fiasco and begging peeps to post a link for 2 days. :lol Now he'll be popping in here from time to time praying that he converts but will insist he doesn't really need Apoc if he doesn't. We all know better. Now that he realizes that the LOW ES is causing the aftermarket prices to soar...he wants this piece REAL BAD! Apoc is a BEAST. Anyone that received an Apoc with little or no QC issues can vouch for just how AWESOME this BEHEMOTH is. The combination of an great character, fantastic sculpt, a LOW ES, and soaring aftermarket prices make this PF too enticing for CBG to refuse. HE WANTS IT! HE NEEDS IT! And he doesn't want to pay aftermarket prices for it. :lol

Yeah, I thought his antics deserved a little good natured ribbing. :wink1:

CBG....the same guy who spent over 50k buying every statue he liked on the aftermarket when he started collecting is now worried over spending money? Any true 90's X-Men cartoon fan must own this statue.....If not....your not worthy....lol

CBG reminds me of a reseller on Statuemarvels ..... . When I thought I had an extra Apoc EX due to a friend of mine thinking he would sell he said he could pay retail for it .... He did this with me with Sups EX , and various other statues wanting to pay lower than retail. Then when he sells things he asks for outrageous amounts. He sells bowens .... but thinks that because its signed it warrants an additional 100-200 ( a $15 fee gets any Randy Bowen sculpt signed.)

He actually in the past has offered me $200 for a Black Widow and Jean Grey going for $400 on eBay ..... and even offered $200 on a statue when he had one for sale for $400. I can stand dudes like that.

CBG reminds me of a reseller on Statuemarvels ..... . When I thought I had an extra Apoc EX due to a friend of mine thinking he would sell he said he could pay retail for it .... He did this with me with Sups EX , and various other statues wanting to pay lower than retail. Then when he sells things he asks for outrageous amounts. He sells bowens .... but thinks that because its signed it warrants an additional 100-200 ( a $15 fee gets any Randy Bowen sculpt signed.)

He actually in the past has offered me $200 for a Black Widow and Jean Grey going for $400 on eBay ..... and even offered $200 on a statue when he had one for sale for $400. I can stand dudes like that.

Haha I know George very well. He's sold me stuff at the highest price point he get me to comMIT at and then low balled package deals on stuff I was selling. He's a statue salesman that's for sure. I wouldn't trust him on price for anything he sells. He's a gouger

Well it's official....I just sent pics to SS returns department for a full refund. There were too many issues and after seeing it in hand...I am not that big of an Olivetti Apocalypse style as I am to the traditional Apocalypse.

Well, if you weren't a fan of Olivetti's artistic take on Apocalypse, at least you won't have any regrets sending him back. I actually like this piece so much, I would have been gutted if I had to send mine back. Hopefully, XM will release an Apocalypse more to your liking soon. I can't see SSC releasing another one in the near future.

I took my $credit and a replacement head. I'll find a way to correct the wrongs on my own time. Can't part with him cause he's way too awesome

Haha I know George very well. He's sold me stuff at the highest price point he get me to comMIT at and then low balled package deals on stuff I was selling. He's a statue salesman that's for sure. I wouldn't trust him on price for anything he sells. He's a gouger

Haha ... you knew exactly who i meant. Yeah he got me on a few when I was just getting into collecting, made it seem like I was getting outrageous deals when he was selling things at or higher than eBay. o well ...... yeah I wont buy from him again unless its a statue I cannot fin anywhere else.

I returned PF Rhino and yes full cost was returned. They provide a return shipping label you print out.

Back