anyone notice they uploaded NEW pics of the xmen vs sentinel #2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emma Frost looks terrible now. Nothing like the production piece on the box art. I might cancel this now.

...great sculpt but she looks nothing like the comic book Emma from Astonishing X-men, imo.

Still, I can't wait for this come home :)

I give Pablo a lot of credit for making the Doom PF, but his faces are hit or miss. Especially if teeth are involved. I agree the Emma looks worse than it did in the prototype. It really makes you appreciate the AH! comiquette even more.

It looks like Emma's navel goes up her chest!
Not impressed at all. But for some it is great and
I am glad you are happy.

What happened to Emma? She looked so good before and now...she's just a mess imho. :monkey2

So after a brief inspection I know why I dislike her face now. She looks sleepy and ignorant. She has lost her superior "I'm better than you" look that goes so well with her character. What a huge disappointment. :monkey2

Last edited:
Actually, I can't back up any of you on that. I think the thing looks great. :D Sorry I don't have an unlimited display space to put it all in...

Last edited:
Did someone save the protopics and post comparisons? After reading the comments I expected to see something horrible, but Emma looks great. She looks like an actress - can't put my finger on which one, but she has that kind of staring into space look that a lot of models have.

I was thinking of getting rid of all my Vs. and canceling this one - but these pics have changed my mind.

The proto looked nothing like the comic book Emma or the recent pics. But it is all good :)

Did someone save the protopics and post comparisons? After reading the comments I expected to see something horrible, but Emma looks great. She looks like an actress - can't put my finger on which one, but she has that kind of staring into space look that a lot of models have.

I was thinking of getting rid of all my Vs. and canceling this one - but these pics have changed my mind.

Good move. Even if you do decide to sell, the value of both may go even higher if the third (or should I say when the third) is announced as Kitty and Wolverine.

Would anybody have the original pictures to post for a side-by-side comparison?

Here's the new one:

9008_press05-001.jpg

She seems sort of bland or vacant I guess, and I'd like to see what she
originally looked like. Still not bad this way, but not forceful or with any
type of intent or deadly look on her face, which is what I'd more expect.
(and prefer)

JS

Emma needs to look either sexy or "higher than thou". If it's not one or the other then the piece suffers big time because she is the focal point.

The prototype had a hint of "higher than thou" and this new version does not.

Back