Anyone have the SSC GoldenEye Bond?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGouse0498

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm looking to get the 1/6 scale James Bond from "Goldeneye" off eBay in a month or so, but I'm having a hard time finding any decent reviews or pictures of it in various poses. If you own this figure and/or have pics, could you post them so I know whether or not it's worth the money? Thanks!!!

This week Sideshow will pre-order the new Brosnan Bond in a suit figure if you'd rather have that. Sorry I don't own this Bond though.

Buttmunch said:
This week Sideshow will pre-order the new Brosnan Bond in a suit figure if you'd rather have that. Sorry I don't own this Bond though.

Yeah, that's what got me looking at the older Bond figure. That field suit from Goldeneye is my favorite Bond outfit, so that's the one I want.

The upcoming Legacy Collection version is too formal for my tastes.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Yeah, that's what got me looking at the older Bond figure. That field suit from Goldeneye is my favorite Bond outfit, so that's the one I want.

The upcoming Legacy Collection version is too formal for my tastes.

I have the Goldeneye Bond, and it is the only Brosnan figure I have in my Bond collection. A great figure, with a nice outfit. My only nitpicks, are the innacurate headsculpt, and the long sleeves (they are rolled up in the movie). In Goldeneye, Brosnan had a thinner face and longer hair, while the figure just reuses the old DAD sculpt. Plus, he is REALLY tanned, and looks almost Hispanic or Middle Eastern. Still, just roll up the sleeves, and it looks great. Definately recommended for the true 007 fan.:D
:chew :chew :chew

I really like the Goldeneye figure too. The vest is really nice and I've tucked his PPK and the mines into the pockets of it. If its your favorite outfit I don't see how you could fail to love it.

Agent0028 said:
I really like the Goldeneye figure too. The vest is really nice and I've tucked his PPK and the mines into the pockets of it. If its your favorite outfit I don't see how you could fail to love it.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
I have the Goldeneye Bond, and it is the only Brosnan figure I have in my Bond collection. A great figure, with a nice outfit. My only nitpicks, are the innacurate headsculpt, and the long sleeves (they are rolled up in the movie). In Goldeneye, Brosnan had a thinner face and longer hair, while the figure just reuses the old DAD sculpt. Plus, he is REALLY tanned, and looks almost Hispanic or Middle Eastern. Still, just roll up the sleeves, and it looks great. Definately recommended for the true 007 fan.:D
:chew :chew :chew

I noticed the skin color and the inaccurate headsculpt. It's actually kinda funny to see that DAD head on it because he did look very different back in good ol' 1995.

Thanks for the input, you two!! :) If possible, could you take a few shots of yours so I can see it in a more natural environment (and not just a production shot)? Also, is the articulation pretty close to what we have with the Star Wars figures?

Again, thank you! :)

As I recall the articulation is the same was the SW ones, I'm pretty sure sideshow hasn't changed the body since then, with the exception of the new hand pegs to make the switchable hands easier on the SW. I would take pictures for you, but when I tried doing it with Grievous they turned out huge and I was unable to post them without alot of cutting and shrinking and stuff, sorry. :(

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I noticed the skin color and the inaccurate headsculpt. It's actually kinda funny to see that DAD head on it because he did look very different back in good ol' 1995.

Thanks for the input, you two!! :) If possible, could you take a few shots of yours so I can see it in a more natural environment (and not just a production shot)? Also, is the articulation pretty close to what we have with the Star Wars figures?

Again, thank you! :)

Here you go:
IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Sorry for the crappy lighting!

I like that LALD pose, looks very nice. I have mine posed with his arm dropped by his side holding the gun while he has the mine in the other hand looking at his watch, and the machete tucked through his belt.

Would you happen to know why Brosnan has the watch on his right hand while Moore on his left? I never remember to pay close attention in the movies to see if that's the way it is on that or if Brosnan is left-handed. Although that may not matter since I wear my watch on my right hand, but I'm right not left handed.

Agent0028 said:
I like that LALD pose, looks very nice. I have mine posed with his arm dropped by his side holding the gun while he has the mine in the other hand looking at his watch, and the machete tucked through his belt.

Would you happen to know why Brosnan has the watch on his right hand while Moore on his left? I never remember to pay close attention in the movies to see if that's the way it is on that or if Brosnan is left-handed. Although that may not matter since I wear my watch on my right hand, but I'm right not left handed.

Thanks, for the compliment! :)
I think Sideshow just made a mistake. I believe in the movie, Brosnan wore the watch on the other hand.

Last edited:
Agent0028 said:

I'm with you on the Live and Let Die pose. Now Roger Moore looks tempting too! You guys are killin' me!!!!!! LOL...just kidding. :D

Thanks for the pics so far. Don't worry about the lighting. It took me quite a while to get my SW figures to photograph right. I found that the best results are by turning off the flash and using a tripod (to eliminate the blurriness caused by no flash). But seriously, they're still a help.

If anyone else has pics of more extreme poses, that'd be cool too. He's Bond so I'm gonna be doing some action and stealth poses.

As for the watch, isn't it removable? Can't you switch wrists?

I'm sure the watch is removable, but I'm not going to bother attempting it, sometimes things that small are hard to get back on correctly again and no one's ever noticed when they see them.

I have all of the Bonds, which makes posing really nice because I can have so many various poses and leave them that way. My favorite is my Dr. No Connery pose, hard to explain but his left hand is holding the glass at about waist level while the other hand has the ppk across his chest, kinda like hand over his heart, except holding a gun...if that doesn't sound weird. :lol

Agent0028 said:
I'm sure the watch is removable, but I'm not going to bother attempting it, sometimes things that small are hard to get back on correctly again and no one's ever noticed when they see them.

I was just thinking pop the hands off and slide the watch off one wrist and on to the other.

Pierce gave Sideshow a really hard time over the headsculpt you know.Very picky,numerous revisions.He was the only Bond actor they needed to approach for licence rights,so rather than go through all that again for a "Goldeneye" figure they just left the headsculpt as it was.
Shame,but ca nt say i blame 'em.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I was just thinking pop the hands off and slide the watch off one wrist and on to the other.
:eek: I guess that would be the smart thing to do. :eek:

Minimodel said:
Pierce gave Sideshow a really hard time over the headsculpt you know.Very picky,numerous revisions.He was the only Bond actor they needed to approach for licence rights,so rather than go through all that again for a "Goldeneye" figure they just left the headsculpt as it was.
Shame,but ca nt say i blame 'em.

Really? That sucks!! Yeah, if that were the case, I can't say I blame them for leaving it as is. Curious though...where did you read or hear about that?

Well, much to my astonishment, my mom bought me a GoldenEye Bond off eBay for my birthday!!!

This is a really cool figure!! Thanks to everyone who provided info in this thread. And a big thank you to 70sCinema (Phil) who offered me a MIB Bond for a reasonable price. Obviously, I won't need to take you up on that offer, but truly...thank you.

And I figured I'd throw in some pics I took of my Bond (non-Photoshop for a change too!!! LOL)...

HPIM2927.jpg

HPIM2929.jpg
HPIM2930.jpg

HPIM2933.jpg

HPIM2928.jpg

Back