Anyone have out-of-control- food cravings late at night?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a big snack, but I always get a craving for one cookie and a big glass of milk in the middle of the night.

I've been known to have a snack attack every now and then. When I get older I'm sure I'll have a heart attack every now and then as well.

I just had dinner and it's 10:40pm. I often eat late because I go to bed starving otherwise. I can't explain it. I eat normal meals throughout the day, and often small snacks as well. But after I settle in for the evening, I immediately want to eat everything. I only weigh 115 pounds, though, so it's not something that makes me worry about my waistline...but I still want it to stop! Grrr.

I didn't know you were a chick? ^

I'm not, just a very short and thin dude. :p

Maybe he's a dude....a really really really small dude :lol

Hehe you guessed it...I'm about 5'5" and 115 pounds...see? :lol

238_14302657022_502627022_744992_4694_n.jpg

. yup .. I have out of control food cravings late at night all the time .. and I know exactly why .... :monkey1

I am an absolute night owl, and have the same problem.

Breakfast: Good choices
Lunch: Good choices
Snacks: Good choices
Dinner: Good choices
After dinner: Tazmanian Devil

I used to eat a ton of cereal, mostly terrible ones, but the carbs and sugar are starting to kick my ass. So I've been doing a lot of high protein snacks late at night, since they fill me up more, and last through the night.

One of my go-to night snacks has been: mash a very ripe banana, stir into 2-4% plain Greek yogurt, add cinnamon. Throw it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get it extra awesome.

And if you are like me and do a lot of TV watching or video games before bed, raw veggies are a Godsend to have around. Because for me, I really just need something to do eating wise. It'll be mindless eating either way, might as well avoid mindless and crappy.

I am an absolute night owl, and have the same problem.

Breakfast: Good choices
Lunch: Good choices
Snacks: Good choices
Dinner: Good choices
After dinner: Tazmanian Devil

I used to eat a ton of cereal, mostly terrible ones, but the carbs and sugar are starting to kick my ass. So I've been doing a lot of high protein snacks late at night, since they fill me up more, and last through the night.

One of my go-to night snacks has been: mash a very ripe banana, stir into 2-4% plain Greek yogurt, add cinnamon. Throw it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get it extra awesome.

And if you are like me and do a lot of TV watching or video games before bed, raw veggies are a Godsend to have around. Because for me, I really just need something to do eating wise. It'll be mindless eating either way, might as well avoid mindless and crappy.

I eat SOOOOO much cereal :lol But yea, I watch a lot of TV and play video games before bed and I love my snacking. It's either chips, yogurt, cereal, fruit or veggies. But I need to cut it back on the chips and eat more raw veggies like you said.

Also, for anyone that wants to cut back on the late night snacking, drink a lot of water at dinner and throughout the night before bed. It will fill up your tummy and you will be less hungry and less tempted to sneak into the kitchen :lecture

I drink about 3-4 litres of water a day and it usually helps curb unnecessary snacking.

I eat SOOOOO much cereal :lol But yea, I watch a lot of TV and play video games before bed and I love my snacking. It's either chips, yogurt, cereal, fruit or veggies. But I need to cut it back on the chips and eat more raw veggies like you said.

Actually, that isn't even honestly phrased. I still eat a ton of cereal. My last update on my site was a review of four new cereals. If it wouldn't kill me, I'd have cereal for every meal.

But I'm trying to steer away from the mentality of "a mixing bowl full of Lucky Charms is not going to add up eventually".

One frightening thing to try: actually using measuring cups to serve cereal. The difference between how much it actually is versus what you might assume is crazy.

Back