Anyone have a pic of the Superman and Batman PF in a detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risingstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the Superman and Batman PF in a detolf? I think the Superman fits, though I don't think the Batman fits.

I'm curious to see how it looks and if the PFs need to be displayed on the side more to make up for space. I wonder if the Superman or Batman can be displayed on the top half the detolf. However, over the years, I have seen people display heavier than the recommended 15 pounds on a top-half shelf of a detolf, especially if there are two layers of glass.

I appreciate it!

I use detolfs and I don't put any of my heavy hitters on the top half. I either put them on the bottom or on top of the detolf. I think the glass can support more than 15 pounds but do you really want to risk it with a $400+ statue? Your call....

DC line bases are super tall. You need besta.

uploadfromtaptalk1412835704514.jpg

They fit perfectly for me in a besta. Wouldn't try a detolf if I were you. Hope the picture helps.

Fits nicely. Thanks!

The issue I have with Bestas in general is that you can't see the statues from all angles like you do with detolfs. Also, the black bestas seem to drown out so much of the color of the paint on statues. Batman's cape, for example, seems to practically disappear into the walls of the besta.

By the way, is that a real Batman #1??

Fits nicely. Thanks!

The issue I have with Bestas in general is that you can't see the statues from all angles like you do with detolfs. Also, the black bestas seem to drown out so much of the color of the paint on statues. Batman's cape, for example, seems to practically disappear into the walls of the besta.

By the way, is that a real Batman #1??

Have you looked at a Klingsbro or a Fabrikor from Ikea? I think Jedisword has his Supes EX in one if I remember correctly. The width is 17 3/4"
and has a max load of 55lbs per shelf. So it might be doable. Try shooting Jedisword a PM for advice.

KLINGSBO Glass-door cabinet - IKEA

Awesome display there thebatman18! :clap

Have you looked at a Klingsbro or a Fabrikor from Ikea? I think Jedisword has his Supes EX in one if I remember correctly. The width is 17 3/4"
and has a max load of 55lbs per shelf. So it might be doable. Try shooting Jedisword a PM for advice.

KLINGSBO Glass-door cabinet - IKEA

Awesome display there thebatman18! :clap

I'm going to check that out! Thanks!

Edit:

The detolf dimensions are: 16 3/4x64 1/8
The klingsbo dimensions are: 17 3/4x70 7/8

Definitely thicker glass on the klingbo but you can only display either the Batman or the Superman in it, not both. The height of the PFs are such that you can't evenly split up the shelves to make space for both.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sleep soundly.
Not only would you kill the statue, if the shelf or frame broke, but whatever is under it.

I have small Dios in my Detolf with a PF on the bottom. Rest of the big guys are in a Besta.

Back