Anyone have $150,000 I can borrow? (Kenner Fett related)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently the guy was offered $100,000 on the show and turned it down.....

Ricks guy that did the appraisal said its was about $125K. By the time eBay and PatPal get through with him he'd made about the same as selling it to Rick.

The other thing I love is "a comparable one sold at auction for blah blah blah"....the auction house is taking 30% or more from that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, even if you're filthy rich you'd have to be a complete idiot to pay the prices he has on those pieces. You can buy majorly iconic, screen used SW props and costumes for that kind of money.

What are you actually getting in buying it? A minor variation on a mass produced figure, and the variation isn't really visible because it's carded.

Totally agreed. Here there are many screen used items that mean a lot more than this mass produced figure with an unnoticeable error: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...nsive-star-wars-movie-props-sold-auction.html

Ricks guy that did the appraisal said its was about $125K. By the time eBay and PatPal get through with him he'd made about the same as selling it to Rick.

The other thing I love is "a comparable one sold at auction for blah blah blah"....the auction house is taking 30% or more from that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow forreal?? I would take the money and run if someone was going to offer me $100k for that figure.

you know what if he put a realistic price on say $1000 dollars max someone would definitely buy it. Putting his price at $150,000 just makes him a laughing stock.

Totally agreed. Here there are many screen used items that mean a lot more than this mass produced figure with an unnoticeable error: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...nsive-star-wars-movie-props-sold-auction.html

That's amazing. Thanks for the link. But yeah - which would you rather have: screen-used ESB Vader helmet and shoulder armor for $110K (probably more now, price from 3 years ago) or a rare Kenner action figure and package for $150K.:slap

A prop collector buddy of mine once left a screen-used ROTJ stormie helmet at my house for a week or so until he could come pick it up. This was maybe 15-20 years ago, so it wasn't worth $100k (I seem to recall he bought it for around $25K at the time, resold it maybe 5 years later for something like $40k.) It was cool to handle but seemed surprisingly rough up-close. I did snap some pics of it for my files - which I recently used for my custom stormie.

Back