Anyone ever try to dispute a photo radar ticket?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200904251618430903.jpg

^^^^ Would you fine Mr. Myers for speeding, knowing what he's capable of? I think not. :lol

Mesa, how much is your ticket costing that you would rather go to traffic school?

My insurance won't go up for just one ticket.

Traffic school is the better option by far. You only have to pay for the school cost, which is less than $100 (vs. $261 of ticket cost). Plus, it basically voids the ticket and your insurance is not contacted. That is my main concern; you get a criminal speed in a school zone and I would expect my insurance to go up heavily. That is another things, I haven't had to use my insurance since I was 17 some 16 years ago.

With the school, it's limited to something like once every two years, so if I get pinched again within two years, paying the fine is the only option.

Last edited:
Speeding tickets are such bull crap. I'm tired of people getting speeding tickets when those who run red lights or continue to turn on red don't get a damn thing, especially when there's a lazy ass cop sitting right at the light watching them.

Grrr. Sorry. Can you tell I don't like this subject? :mad:

I don't like the idea of speeding tickets in general. It's just a way for a municipality to collect money for their city/town. If it's beyond excessive where people lives are at risk, it's one thing. Seeing people getting pulled over for going 5-10 mph over the speed limit on less traveled roads is a little ridiculous, but I see it happen more often than I'd like.

Sucks that you got caught by the man, ermm camera. The nail in the coffin is the school zone. Cops/Judges lose any sympathy once you get caught in those zones. Seriously, I've been pulled over for speeding plenty of times (once every couple of years), but the one time I did get a ticket was when I sped through a school zone.

Cop didn't even ask for an excuse. He just asked for license/registration/insurance. Said here's your ticket be aware of the school zones. I sucked it up and paid the ticket and did the online class to avoid points and insurance costs.

Traffic school is the better option by far. You only have to pay for the school cost, which is less than $100 (vs. $261 of ticket cost). Plus, it basically voids the ticket and your insurance is not contacted. That is my main concern; you get a criminal speed in a school zone and I would expect my insurance to go up heavily. That is another things, I haven't had to use my insurance since I was 17 some 16 years ago.

With the school, it's limited to something like once every two years, so if I get pinched again within two years, paying the fine is the only option.

I didn't know it was that much. I'd probably go then too.

Insurance ticks me off. You don't use it for years then when you do have to use it, it goes up. In your case, since you haven't had a ticket for so long, it shouldn't go up at all.

Insurance is really pissing me off right now. My dental won't pay ???? towards my new crowns. :mad:

I didn't know it was that much. I'd probably go then too.

Insurance ticks me off. You don't use it for years then when you do have to use it, it goes up. In your case, since you haven't had a ticket for so long, it shouldn't go up at all.

Insurance is really pissing me off right now. My dental won't pay ???? towards my new crowns. :mad:

Dental insurance sux, I know because I just had to use it. I think it covers about 50% of necessary dental work, which does not include crowns, or the porcelain (vs. metal amalgum) fillings. I think for those sort of things, which are categorized as "cosmetic" :rolleyes:, it's only something like 20% with a yearly cap after meeting the deductible.

Dental insurance sux, I know because I just had to use it. I think it covers about 50% of necessary dental work, which does not include crowns, or the porcelain (vs. metal amalgum) fillings. I think for those sort of things, which are categorized as "cosmetic" :rolleyes:, it's only something like 20% with a yearly cap after meeting the deductible.

Root canal $950, I pay $210

2 crowns $1804, I pay $1,044

Total $1,254 out of pocket

and my insurance for the year is shot. They top out at $1,500. I have no idea when my year stops and starts. :mad:

No wonder why my dentist lives in a 3 million dollar home.

Rant over.

and my insurance for the year is shot. They top out at $1,500. I have no idea when my year stops and starts. :mad:

Rant over.

Quick Question did they nibble on your ear or give you a reach around during this Screwing? I had 7 teeth fixed and I feel your pain, both ways :D, just think I could have snagged a Grail or 2

Around here all photo tickets are considered non moving viloations so they don't go on your record.

Rant over.

Sounds very similar to my insurance plan. And I asked when coverage year starts/stops, and it is Jan-Dec for me.

I got one of these at the corner of Southern & Dobson, failure to yield to a yellow light (bullspit). It was the same thing cough up 200 or pay 150 for the traffic school. I wanted to blow my brains out after the 8 hour and I do mean 8 hour traffic school. Face it brother, you're f_cked. Sorry Scott.

Around here all photo tickets are considered non moving viloations so they don't go on your record.

Yep, that's what I was gonna say. the ticket only counts as a "traffic" violation (on your record) if a "real" cop issued the ticket. a photo does not count. (becomes just a parking ticket)

Look into your defense... subpoena the details of when the radar was last calibrated. (watched two/three cases get thrown out a month ago when I contested a ticket I got) there are laws that require it to be done at certian intervals.
What do you lose if you contest it and don't win? it might be worth a shot. in Washington there is a deferment you can take once every seven years. (learned about that also in court)

Good luck Mesa... fight it if you can..:cool:

BTW......I won... "no infraction!! :rock

Sounds very similar to my insurance plan. And I asked when coverage year starts/stops, and it is Jan-Dec for me.

Hopefully it's for me as well, but since I'm in the school system and our year runs differently, I'm not sure. Could be June to July.

Quick Question did they nibble on your ear or give you a reach around during this Screwing? I had 7 teeth fixed and I feel your pain, both ways :D, just think I could have snagged a Grail or 2

Huh....all I got was pain! :lol And my one crown is too high so I'll have to go back and have it ground down a bit. I'm sure that will cost me another $100.

I could've gotten my Exclusive Lurtz and two other LotR PFs I still need for that much! :mad:

Criminal speeding in Maine is 30mph over the limit. You can be arrested on the spot.

I think that speed limits are bull????. If you are driving somewhere at a dangerous speed, in that you are a clear danger to other motorists or pedestrians, then you should be cited for driving to endanger. I can think of few areas where driving 15-20 miles over the speed limit is a danger to anyone unless you don't know how to drive.

Cops here won't stop you for going 10 over the limit, but people still insist on driving the limit or under. That causes traffic congestion because cars end up much closer to each other, and since cars being closer to each other increases the liklihood of an accident, it could be argued that speed limits make driving less safe.

They're also a perfect excuse to pull someone over without probable cause. If you're exceeding the posted speed by 5mph--even if it is not the habit of police to stop you--you are still very much a target.

I think what it comes down to is that it brings in revenue, and they can always plead that people would drive like maniacs if there were no limits imposed. So instead, people drive like low-watt tools because they've never learned how to decide for themselves what a safe speed is; they need a sign to do their thinking for them.

Speeding tickets are such bull crap. I'm tired of people getting speeding tickets when those who run red lights or continue to turn on red don't get a damn thing, especially when there's a lazy ass cop sitting right at the light watching them.

I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker when I threw up my arms at a cop who let three people run a red light at noon on a Friday at a major intersection. She pulled me over and asked what the problem was. I told her what she did, she denied it (said she couldn't see the intersection), and then she started looking for things to ticket me for (upbraiding me the whole time; she even suggested that if I could do the job better, maybe I should enlist in the academy). When she found the inspection sticker, she asked me if I really thought I was in a position to criticize the legality of other people's driving. I told her that I knew that my car was in safe condition, and less of a threat than three people running a light. Angry that I wouldn't let it go, she said "Three cars DID NOT run that light." So I said, "You know that? But I thought you couldn't see the intersection."

I think that was the point where she decided to ticket me for the sticker. :rolleyes:

Back